Paid phone sessions

I've noticed that some pros offer paid phone sessions. What do you all think about that? I feel that this is a cuddling site so pros should not be offering phone sessions. If they are allowed, does that mean that any type of legal service can now be offered on this site?

Comments

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)
    edited September 2017

I've seen those offered on here from time to time.

Not a fan.

• Phone calls can conceivably be part of a verbal nurturing and affirmation process. As has been said over and over again, if you don't like it, just don't Patronize the service. I mean, what's the logic here? Sheesh.

• Why not DM Mark and ask him?

• While I do offer verbal advice during sessions I would feel weird doing so in a phone session. I'm not a licensed therapist and there are a ton of great free phone services out there for people who are struggling with something or just need someone to talk to.

The US crisis hotline even has a text service for those that don't like talking on the phone (the text number is 741741, phone # is 1-800-273-8255).

• @sometimes I'm curious to know what the community has to say which is why I made this thread rather than asking Mark. It sounds like you're saying that offering a phone session is perfectly fine. Does that mean that therapists can offer their services on this site, marriage counselors, massage therapists, baby sitters, a clean house almost makes me happier than a cuddle session lol so can we offer cleaning services? How about laundry services? Clean clothes make me really happy. Cooking services? I'm going to say no to all of the above. This site is called cuddlecomfort.com and not, www.offerwhateverkindaserviceIwant.com Ultimately its the sites owners discretion as to what he wants to do but there is community here for a reason and the community has a voice.

• edited September 2017

As you know there are no guidelines on this for now but here's my initial thoughts:

If there is no connection to cuddling then it's likely not going to be allowed. So you can throw cleaning and baby sitting in that category for sure.

Cuddling must always be the primary service here but it is a form of therapy so I can understand why other types of therapy might occasionally overlap. For example, let's say a client is out of state, perhaps a phone session would be reasonable in this scenario if privately offered. Another example might be offering a professional massage alongside or after a cuddle session but never as an alternative to a cuddle session.

At least for now I would recommend you don't offer other types of therapy in your profile text.

• I dont see anything wrong with it. If someone can provide company even if its just a voice on short notice and someones going through a hard time and needs to vent, A phone call can be really helpful. ^~^ If youre not interested in that, then just domt partake in that, but I see no need to take the option away from others who could find it very helpful.
    Especially in states where cuddlers may be flakey/ far and few between.

• I think people who ger know each other on these boards should not be prohibited from making and nurturing healing relationships via voice or touch or other mediums as long as the values of this site are upheld. I don't think they should be controlled by self-appointed third party arbitrators--esp. those who embody conflicts of interest because they themselves seek to procure the time and interest of these same cuddlers.

Would the phone calls be the same rate as the cuddling rates?

Step 1: Ask Mark.
    Step 2: Read Mark's answer.
    Step 3: Ignore Mark's answer.

I kid, I kid (kind of).

I'd love to hear from some people who would pay for this service. I do think the service is valid but not sure this is the platform for it as Mark somewhat stated.

If it was allowed I'm assuming the rates/hr would be cut dramatically? Like in half?

• Yes I'm curious to know if anyone out there would actually pay for a phone session.

• [Deleted User]Alternis (deleted user)
    edited September 2017

While I wouldn't use that type of service, I feel like the type of person who would pay for that type of service needs a friend and is totally being taken advantage of. It's different than hiring a cuddler imo.

Most of the cons/risks of cuddling a stranger are no longer present when the same person does a phone session

• I just feel that as much as I love this site, the negative aspects that these things can do to people's mental health aren't taken seriously. As @alternis said, it's taking advantage of people. Someone using a paid phone service is someone looking for a friend and is so desperate, they have to pay for a conversation. That's a horrible thought to me, to not have anyone to the point that you have to pay for a conversation? That person is very likely going to think they made a friend but the reality is that girl is only going to be his friend while he's paying for her. It's very sad.

• [Deleted User]navyvet76 (deleted user)

Morpheus i agree with the mental health aspects. A paid person while they may have good intentions can create a false relationship that is unhealthy. And if they have bad intentions can really create problems

• I have a real problem with those trying to insert themselves into a relationship between two consenting adults. It's creepy and coercive, like Big Brothers who want to judge situations without knowing of the details, and claiming the right to create mandatory rules of behavior that govern everyone else. Brrrrr.

• Btw, coercion and forced bhaviors and arbitrary rules targeting one gender more than another will mess with anyone's mental health particularly if they are targeted!

Mark is basically the head of the site and he basically said 'nah'.

If this site is that much of a thorn in anyone's side there are no rules saying you can't start your own personal website offering whatever services you want to. I'm sure there are various other sites that allow you to do that as well. This one doesn't.

Is it truly that painful?

• [Deleted User]Alternis (deleted user)

Choco off the top rope!

• [Deleted User]Vickie (deleted user)

I have been asked many times if I would accept payments for phone conversations. The truth is, I couldn't do it. :(

• Mark clearly stated FOR THE TIME BEING and clearly indicated circumstances in which it would be appropriate. In this context, a continuing discussion is appropriate.

Treating discussion as a game or boxing match in which participants are winners or losers is juvenile and moreover doesn't serve any purpose. Unless, of course, you actually do view discussion and women as opponents--in which case a lot of these childish bullying-type comments start to make sense.

edited September 2017

There are no winners or losers. But don't be a sore loser. ;)

Good for you Vickie. Why weren't you able to do it?

Some pros would, some wouldn't. That's about as much as we all can agree on.

• I disagree with the "taking advantage" comment a lot.

Wanna know how many people have told me the same thing about cuddling? Can't even count on both my hands. Why be so judgmental its unnecessary if its not really about you in anyway. Having that be offered to someone doesnt involve you if you are not interested.

Different things for different people. If it's not for you dont do it, but to say that cuddlers would be taking advantage of someone for providing a service really bothers me because youre judging so hard and jumping to conclusions and making them out to be people who.dont care about other peoples lives and feelings and thinking we think they are some bank. You've mentioned that in the past a lot and lots of pros felt the need to speak up defend themseleves and its not cool :I

You dont know what those people are going through or what the pro may say to help that individual feel better in that moment. that conversation on the phone could change everything.
    Ive only provided one phone call and prior to it I asked mark. The guy was having a really bad day, and prior to that phone session, we had been exchanging messages for months and he lives out of state so i couldnt ever get to him to cuddle, but we totally hit it off.
    I see it as support and love since someone couldnt be there in person for him and I dont for 1 second think He felt taken advantage of nor did I feel this sensation of "yes! He is lonely and sad! Im ripping this guy off!!"

• edited September 2017

I do think it shouldnt be advertised much , since it wouldnt be a main focus.and shoukd also not be a full paid cuddle session price,
    But its just like massages during my sessions if the connection is good and if they want it etc. I think it is valid and acceptable reguardless of it not being cuddling and being on a cuddle webaite, its still therapy and helping someone.
    Not to mention I beleive there are also phone therapists as well :)

• I think all this sturm und drang stems from a few vocal men deeply resentful that they can have cuddle relationships only by paying for them. Of course, the silent majority are out having rich lives than include cuddling

• Oops, that include cuddling. If you believe all women can get any man they want and that all women are gold diggers, then that's your reality created by your beliefs and expectations . It's not absolute reality by any means.

• I have found it ironic since joining this site that the ones who complain and are the most opinionated about paid cuddlers seems to be the ones who utilize them the most. Paying for a service doesn't mean you are able to influence the cuddlers actions or behavior. Personally I would not pay for a phone session, but on the other hand, though I consider many of the paid cuddlers on here to be my friends, I don't pay to cuddle. Just not my thing, but I don't judge anyone who does. Nor do I feel a client gets to determine what a paid cuddler does. If there is a market for it and they want to do something that is not illegal nor hurts another person than so be it .

• [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    edited September 2017

Immediately after signing up at CC , and started browsing profiles , I noticed phone sessions .
    I bought one from a paid cuddler , more out of curiosity , than an emotional need , just to see what's up

We had a pleasant conversation . No therapy . No advice . Basically introduced ourselves . The cuddler was very nice

• edited September 2017

Call me, I'll talk to you and won't charge. Anyone who wants to and feels they could use a talk, PM me.

No one answered what the phone rate would be. Same as a cuddling session or less?

Maybe @sparkyblue-eyes will clue me in?

I suppose as long as the client is satisfied with the service that's what matters. Phone calls, massages, upgrades to cuddle in bra & panties, etc.

• [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)

Less than tip , travel charge , and care package expense , combined , normally given after touch cuddle