Professional Female Cuddles just here for profit ???

[Deleted User]CuriousGeorge17 (deleted user)
edited October 2017 in Professional Cuddling

Looking at pricing, I just feel like what most professional female cuddlist ask for isn't affordable. Who has $70--$100 an hour to spend to be spooned by someone You've never met in your life ??? I surely don't. That's not even affordable to the average guy to pay $100/hr plus money for their traveling fees. I feel like most of the pro female cuddlist are only here for profit and that's it. Otherwise their prices would be more affordable to local guys. Looking at local massage therapist, most of them ask for $30-$60 an hour. I strongly feel that the price for cuddling should be within that same price range not double the price. Or perhaps even a half rate would be good--- $40 for 30 minutes of cuddling. I just wish females cuddlist would be more considerate with their pricing, have an affordable rate for local guys, and realize not every guy has $100+ an hour to give to them !!!!

Comments

• [Deleted User]VIPirate (deleted user)
    edited September 2017

I can understand your frustration, though I would respond by saying massage therapy and platonic cuddling fall into separate categories. For me, at least. I'm getting a wonderful service either way, but platonic cuddling requires more trust and intimacy. We have to remember, most professionals are having clients come into their homes, or conversely, traveling to the homes of the clients. There's no guarantee that they won't end up being assaulted, raped or any number of horrible scenarios. Massage therapists usually have the benefit of working out of a professional office, though admittedly, there are freelancers in that industry as well. Sure, there are sharks in the cuddling business as there are in any other, who only see dollar signs. However, I have also met some extremely well intentioned and caring individuals that really do get where the client is coming from and, while it is a business for them, they don't make it all about that. They exist, many being here on this very site. I get where you're coming from financially, though I feel the benefit is worth it once you find the right person. Best piece of advice I could give is chat with the professional for a good period of time before agreeing to meet. Some may even be willing to meet for coffee or some other such casual activity to help allay concerns and determine compatibility, though don't quote me on that because everyone's approach is going to be different and what feels safest to them. It may seem hopeless sometimes, but perhaps there will be someone out there who is willing to work with you in some regard.

• [Deleted User]AntoineD (deleted user)
    edited September 2017

I would be feeling enclined to say "don't shoot the messenger".
    The whole societal structure is messed up - using money in the first place, rather than supporting one another for free as fellow sentient beings already makes little to no sense to me all together, in any context society offers that is.
    I see money as a way to avoid looking at what really matters.

edited September 2017

@AntoineD Ideally, I agree that it should always be free. For those who find it hard to connect and have that hole in their lives, though, I do believe it has professional value. You just have to rely on instinct to separate the good professionals from the disingenuous.

edited September 2017

I meant to say "society" ( when speaking of the structure ) I wasn't referring to this site specifically.
    But I see things the same as you otherwise.

@AntoineD Ah, my mistake! Having just reread your post, I think you came across clearly and I misinterpreted. I very much agree with your sentiment. :)

edited September 2017

I edited, since I saw what could lead to misunderstandings.
    So yeah, thanks for allowing me to see and know that it lacked in clarity.

• edited September 2017

I think that when it comes to pricing the market sets them and if they're too high there will be an adjustment if not the prices are what they are.
    I would never criticize or complain about prices because just like any service if I don't want to pay what the service provider is asking I will simply not call them and find one that offers the same service for a price I agree with.
    I have seen pro cuddlers here that ask as much as $150 an hour and if they can get that well then more power to them, it just won't be from me.
    Over the last year I have seen two pro cuddlers and the session price was $50 which is what I am willing to pay for a cuddling session. And both sessions were wonderful and I saw both of them twice each because the price point is what I wanted.
    So just find the right price point but do not criticize or complain if their prices are too high because they set them for a reason and that is what one hour of cuddling is worth to them.

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)
    edited September 2017

When I joined a year ago it seemed to be mostly $60s with a rare $40.

Now it's mostly $80-100 with a rare $60.

Guess in a couple of years clients will have to decide on making a car payment or getting a session.

• People throw money away on things daily that I dont agree with but Id never say its not worth their money. I coffee, fast foods, usless toys,.consoles and phones that are constantly changing and going up in price... Money and its worth is subjective. To someone who works daily and never sets money or time aside for anything,.cuddling is a pleasurable experience.
    I think 80 to meet someone new, to experience something thats fairly uncommon and to get to just peacefully relax and be yourself around someone new, totally worth it to some.
    Pros also offer an expereince where as if you just found a cuddler who is just a normal person its very possible you will be flaked on, or will not be the center of attention.
    Different things for different people.
    I hate when people see pros as gold diggers tho, very frustrating.

Im struggling just as much as the next person but I do this because its a blend of things I love. 1. Independence(self employment) 2.zen\peace 3.meditation 4. New people 5.healing 6.massages 7.companionship/company 8.love

If I could provide that for literally everyone who is deserving I would. But just like I cant save all homeless people,or I cant save all dogs or all cats that are up for adoption, I am only one person and can only do so much and Its a bit unrealistic to assume anyone should have to give things away just because it would be the kind thing to do.

If you havent tried a pro yet, I recommend giving it a shot, then determain if you think she is only doing it for the money, Im sure there are some that thats the case. But i assure you, not everyone is that way.

Best wishes and happy cuddling!
    Brandi(:

• edited September 2017

I have said for awhile now that prices have gotten out of control. I do believe that there have been an influx of pros that are all about the money and nothing else. I also believe that there are pros that do care and whose prices are reasonable. The last time I looked at @Brandi’s profile, I felt she was the role model for prices. At that time, I don’t know if it’s still the same, but she even offered a free hour to anyone renting a hotel. There are pros that I would love to see but I’m just not going to bend and spend over $80 an hour. I think that the good pros are falling off quickly and this industry is being taken over by money hungry pros that don’t care. @Brandi you care about this profession, I know that you do and I’m not talking about people like you when I say this but please look around, look at what professional cuddling is starting to/has become.

I used to like variety but now that the prices have gotten so out of control, I stick to a regular. This is now my advice to anyone seeking a pro who doesn’t agree with the pricing. My current pro charges $80 an hour but stays for 2-3 and we talk often in between, we have lunch and or dinner and have an actual friendship. It’s amazing.

One last thing I want to say is @brandi mentions how people throw money away. I agree but what about those of us who really need a cuddle. The higher driven prices make it difficult. If prices were more reasonable, I would do it more often and pros would probably get more business. I’m very discouraged by what this site and pro cuddling has become. I still see the point of downfall as the Shane video.

@AntoineD Well, that would explain things as well! Ha. No worries. I frequently edit after realizing I could be misinterpreted.

edited September 2017

Thanks man.

Also, to be fair, as this topic might be a bit too touchy, I wanted to look at it from a broader perspective : rather than "Professional female cuddlers just here for profit ??" as the title of the thread, I'd like to consider what makes any given situation "just for profit" and to wonder whether this is linked to gender at all in the first place.
    It's a bit "stigmatizing" a group, where I guess I also am acting in my own best interest, according to my own needs in many different situations, as a male.

Am I agreeing ? Am I offering alternatives ?
    Perhaps there is the dream, that one day we will live in a society where everyone, regardless of gender, age or anything can get their needs met, free from money.
    And this goes for touch, but more importantly for the ability to be happy in the first place, before needing anything else on top of it, one could "pay" for.
    If I am happy, I engage in the world from another frame of mind than that of fear and lack, which adds to the world, rather than to subtract from it.

• I asks a girl if she wanna giv me free hour when I book room and she very rude to me say Im cheapskate.
    Made me sad

• Of course they are only in it for the profit.

I finally watched Moana last week and the story reminded me of CC.

Most pros are normal people too. They won't respond to you due to age, race, etc - will disappear without notice and sometimes flake. From a year ago I recognize maybe 10% of pros who are still active so that's a fairly high turnover rate.

On the flip side there are pros that do care about the craft, @Brandi being one. She was here before me and we haven't seen eye-to-eye on everything but no one can deny her passion for the business. Not only has she stuck around and been a voice for pro-cuddling but also tried to enhance people's lives via relaxation techniques. There are also many other people on here, pros and non-pros, who are sweet and kind and brighten my day with just a few light email exchanges.

I'm not into pro-cuddling and am a "useless toy, console" kinda guy with a regular masseuse so 'grain of salt', but I do echo @Morpheus sentiment of being slightly discouraged by the evolution of the site. The upgrades Mark has implemented have been very generous and nothing short of astounding but the energy is definitely different. We've endured some site wars and overhauls so maybe that's part of it but I also always remember the vet who voiced how badly he needed touch but couldn't afford the prices. How many others in need can't afford it?

"Not my problem."

• @morpheus Stop stating that your non-market discount "friends with benefits" relationship should be a model for market prices. It's neither logical nor reasonable, and it's unfair to the true marketplace. And of course to paid cuddlers in the real world.

I just don't get it. Every business is in it for profit--that's the definition of business and The core of capitalism,but none of the men complain about how their auto maker or coffee shop etc. are "only in it for the profit." No other business has to defend itself. And btw, if that were true, we wouldn't have certain men complaining of being rejected by pro cuddlers *despite the fact they're willing to pay for the service." I think many of the men Are just looking for a corner of the internet where they Can get away with trashing women in public.

All the more kudos to the gallant ones who clearly stand apart and really do show respect and humanity and dignity by their actions AND their words.

Coffee? Ick.

I've never been given a free car but I've cuddled for free. Izzat bad?

It appears some men are having issues with the higher pricing of pro-cuddling.

In the end I guess each person will decide if it's for them or not.

gallantly gallops off

• [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)

Xyz95. : You said in your post , "

$ 40 for 30 minutes of cuddling would be good

That's 80 / hour , .

What's the complaint ? I'm sure you can find a paid cuddler who will do 1/2 hour.

• I've done short sessions before for $40.

My only stipulation for that the session has to be close by because I'm in Los Angeles and traffic sucks.

• @geekcuddles isn’t lying about traffic. I live in OC and work in LA. With no traffic, I’m at work in 35-40 minutes. With traffic at its worst, it’s an hour and a half to 2 hours.

• [Deleted User]SugarMagnolia (deleted user)

I charge $100 and am glad for every cheap person who passes me by. They are not the client I want. Price is a good way to weed some people out. I'm not hurting for business-well off, clean, often highly educated people who recognize quality and are willing to pay for the service hit me up all the time.
    Some people like name brands-some shop kmart. Sorry if you can only afford the latter. Also, sorry out there to any professionals who think they are worth less-you deserve more!

• edited September 2017

So you’re saying that a person who desperately needs a cuddle but can’t afford $100 is unworthy of you? Let’s say someone is hurting emotionally and maybe a cuddle from you could save their life. Maybe they can’t afford it due to something like a disability or natural disaster that has caused them harm. You’re saying they are a cheap client and you’re glad that they passed you by? What a disgusting attitude. I donate a lot of money and time to worthy causes and for people in need. I would never take such a horrible attitude with anyone like some people shop and k Mary and some people like named brands. I have a job where I’m out driving around all day and work in LA where there are less fortunate people that are homeless. I don’t give away money but I carry food and water on a daily basis to give to people in need. I find your comments completely and utterly disgusting. You’re everything the cuddle profession should not be about. I’m going to deactivate my account after reading that garbage. I hope all of you are proud to see what cuddling has become.

• [Deleted User]Alternis (deleted user)

@Brandi is definitely not a cuddler in it for only the money. I know nobody is saying she is but her pricing model is great. Shame we couldn't sync schedules this last weekend.

Shame there are others with bad attitudes. If they get all these clients and have no karma I hope Mark is getting his cut to help keep the site running.

• Im sure thats not what she meant Morpheous..Soooo dramatic LOL
    I totally know what you meant Sugarmagnolia and Im sure others understood too...
    but since he didnt see it that way..... its not that she doesnt want to see the less fortunate, or someone who cannot afford it because she is disgusted by them or dont feel they are worthy of her, but typically people who are willing to pay the amount if its a bit pricey, that person is more likley to be respectful, and actually show up whereas Ive had so many people ask me to "Drop my price because its too pricey" and they usually come off rude, and ask for extras, and they sound annoyed at everything, and thats not the kind of person we want to be intimately cuddling with.

• thanks, Alternis :)
    you know Im here any time youre interested, youre a lovely cuddler and very respectful :)

• 100 per hour iz rip off.
    guy pays that must be stoopid or very desperit

edited September 2017

Well, in a sense, the terms "cuddle" and "comfort" would lead me to believe that a subject matters such as "Professional Female Cuddles just here for profit" followed by three question marks in a row would make little to no sense on this website.
    I believed we were all solving all sorts of issues by cuddling.
    Discussing prices, how "cheap" some might be, or how others are there "only for profit" lacks the empathy, closeness, warmth a hug would be for me.
    What's going on here ?

• [Deleted User]CuriousGeorge17 (deleted user)

biggest problem is some guys need that extra hug or two, but can't afford it. Why? Because the pro cuddlist wants $100/hr and isn't flexible. It would be nice if there were cuddlist out there who would do partial rates or half rates to make it more affordable for local guys on low income. Say instead of doing $100/hr, have a half rate that goes $50/30mins or even $25/15mins. Being flexible would make me think otherwise. But the fact that some pro female cuddlist want exactly $100 for exactly 1 hour and won't consider a half rate ($50 for 30mins) for half the time has me convince that they are only here for the profit they can make and not here to be affordable to the average guy who needs it. I honesty would pay $50 for 30 mins because that's what I could afford right now. And I think many other could afford that as well.

• [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    edited September 2017

A bit off topic sorry , didn't anyone read the "millionaire next door" ? I read some not all . Some of the method , was , smart shopping i.e. Walmart Kmart , I was at sears the other day they have nice clothes, coupons , buying on sale etc. saving your plastic shopping bags from the grocery it takes years

That millionaire might be well-off, educated and rich but he's missing out on hunny-dollar snuggles.

His loss.