Anyone got blocked by someone they've never viewed, seen or spoken to on here?!?

I'm super new to this but positive and optimistic over all. My profile is pretty plutonic and pleasant in my personal opinion (goodness that's a lot of P's lol)... But of course I'D think so lol

I was browsing the local cuddlers section today and saw a picture and profile that looked intriguing so as you understand "inquiring minds want to know" & I clicked on his profile to read more.

TO MY SURPRISE there was an automated message that said "You've been blocked by this person"

Comments

• Sorry to hear that happened, its quite a rude thing and a little bit odd. My only guess is that perhaps they did not want to be contacted by a paid cuddler. which is a shame because you seem sweet and kind, and perhaps just wanted to make a friend, but some people are afraid of being solicited when they aren't here to pay for cuddles. not saying that is you, nor a I sayin that's the reason , but if I had to guess, that may be a factor.

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)

An unwarranted block is one of the internet's lowest forms of false power.

Consider it a blessing.

• Yeah, I can see why they would do it. I personally wouldn't feel comfortable exchanging money in either direction for cuddling. If they want to keep things neat and tidy, as in not seeing people they're not interested in, blocking you seems logical. I am assuming blocking someone prevents them from showing up on searches of course.

I personally haven't blocked anyone but I can understand why someone might. It's likely nothing personal so don't let it bother you.

• [Deleted User]RScarf1 (deleted user)

It happened to me a few times. Usually, it is from someone on the forum who disagrees with me. I just block them back.

• @chococuddles I love your equanimity and wisdom.

• [Deleted User]Greybeard (deleted user)

While the practice of preemptively blocking someone seems rude, would you really want a dialogue with a person who does that. Count your self ahead by not having to waste your time with them.

• edited October 2017

I do agree with chococuddles.
    This reminds me the times I spent on gay dating websites ten years ago : same rude and hurting behaviour.
    No technical means to prevent the misuse of the blacklist feature ? Being aware that even the best A.I. algorithm couldn't distinguish legitimate and illegitimate blacklisting, one simple solution would be to make it impossible to blacklist a user who sent no message (but it wouldn't solve the problem for users who post kind messages).

• [Deleted User]VIPirate (deleted user)

@Greybeard That's precisely how I feel. Sometimes I'm genuinely thankful for being preemptively blocked because it gives me a heads up regarding who to avoid. ;)

• There is really no such thing as abusing the 'block' feature as it does not affect your enjoyment of the site. If they don't want to talk to someone like you, they likely won't reply anyway.

• [Deleted User]Sunflowerfield (deleted user)

There could be some weird explanation, like they mistook you for someone else. Who knows? I wouldn't worry about it, though.

• @VIPirate : Then why not implement a "not interested for cuddling" feature for preemptively telling people so, without fully blocking the communication like with the blacklisting feature ?
    Because there are often people who just discuss together, without planning for cuddling.
    Then, in the profile search page, one could add the option for filtering out the not interested ones.

• [Deleted User]VIPirate (deleted user)

@ThierryC2017 That's not a bad idea, actually. Perhaps a suggestion that can be taken under advisement. :)

• Thank you ALLLLL for your opinions and input, many of you mentioned some things I hadn't thought about. For some STRANGE reason the REST of my post didn't "post" lol So none of you saw that I said "I've never contacted or viewed this person, that in many ways I was glad I was blocked because CLEARLY this guy didn't want anything to do with me for whatever reason lol, & that because we live in close vicinity of one another maybe he just blocked anyone who lived near by in case we knew him, etc" EITHER WAY, I thought it was intriguing and glad I put it out there. Definitely not offended it taking it personal (these kinds of sites leave you opened to criticism so it's expected).

• I DO like @theirryc2017 idea as well. Also one last thing to add... While I am a professional cuddler I'm always opened for dialogue or "potential" aquaintances so to assume a pro might solicit themselves to people who can't, won't, don't want to pay for cuddling... unfair I'd say lol I'm sure there are other pros who could say the same...cuddlERS need cuddle love too sometimes lol THANK YOU EVERYONE!

• That has happened to me! Someone messaged me before for my cuddling service and by the time I managed to log in (within the hour) I had noticed that they blocked me, and I could no longer message them. lol I was rather confused what was going on.

• I just saw yesterday I was blocked by someone who I had messaged a week ago. I made a silly unassuming comment, just trying to be ironic and I guess it fell flat. Went to message again yesterday and was blocked. I literally chuckled and shook my head, and went to messaging other people. Cant take things too seriously in internet land,

• [Deleted User]overstuffed (deleted user)

I had never had such an experience ... until now. I had never even contacted this individual. Odd.

• I wouldn't worry about it. Consider it taking the trash out on its own.