Misled?

What happens when you arrange a session with a pro, and that person looks entirely different than their picture? For example, that person may have posted a picture of themselves from an earlier part of their life. I'm a sensitive and caring person who doesn't want to hurt anybody's feelings. On the other hand, it seems deceptive.

Comments

• edited October 2017

I hope that I don't sound too shallow. I'm fine cuddling with most women, regardless of looks. It's just the question of feeling deceived. Hard to trust someone to cuddle with when feeling misled. And while I haven't posted a photo, I'm willing to give it to any prospective cuddlers.

• [Deleted User]VIPirate (deleted user)
    edited October 2017

@wedgewood I don't think you sound shallow. I would also feel misled if someone used an old picture of themselves and looked very different in person. I understand the psychology of why, should they currently feel uncomfortable in their own skin, but you really should share a more current photo of yourself if you're planning to meet someone. If a person judges another by true appearance, they aren't worth the effort. My current placeholder photo was taken sometime in 2016 and, if anything, I need to work on taking a more current and clean cut one since I'm presently 12 pounds lighter than I was previously. But that's another story, I suppose. ;) Having said that, it's a tough call. Personally, I probably wouldn't say anything at the time. I'd likely reflect on it later and decide how to proceed from there.

• Yeah I'm pretty much happy to cuddle with any of the women on the site. And, reflecting on this more, I can completely understand why someone would do it. I think the hardest and most awkward thing about it is the really uncomfortable moment when you meet. I hate to make anyone feel bad. But when you expect someone to look like their picture and they don't, you can't help but show some disappointment.

• I think you are totally justified to feel deceived. Everyone has a camera on their phone. It isn't that hard to get a current photo on the profile.

• I think people try to put their best foot forward when posting pics. The right lighting, angles and even make-up. They are pros and are trying to attract clients.

Having said that, I have been in situations where I feel the profile pic was not entirely representative of what the person actually look likes. In those situations you can either go with the flow or walk. Remember, you are paying for professional services, and if it doesn't pass the smell test you can always walk before any money has exchanged hands.

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)

Yes, lighting, angles and makeup can help capture a "lucky pic".

I've been burned on dating sites a few times with those.

Lucky pix, bird's eye pix, intense lighting pix(where you can barely even see the persons face), and of course endless snapchat animal pix where attractiveness is increased tenfold due to a variety of instant filters.

I think it's silly to "confirm my identity" with a picture as anyone can send a picture that's months or even years old.

Video chat seems to be the most honest and purest way to confirm identity.

• @chococuddles - I agree video chatting is a great way to confirm an identity- I always offer it as an option to any new cuddle partner

• [Deleted User]cuddle_buddy601 (deleted user)

I met a Pro Cuddler in NY, who claimed to be 27, but was in reality around 50+. I was upset, but as a courtesy went with the session. Her pic is her, but heavily photoshopped change appearance. Not sure how one should respond. It was awkward for me to sent her away. Can we report to moderator so that we don't have more people fooled.

• @cuddle_buddy601 or you can tell us right here, a lot of people browse these forums and it would be nice to know which pro is misstepresenting her age and by almost twice as much, that is a lot and very deceiving. I would’ve been hard pressed to keep the session but I understand your position and you being a nice person and going ahead with the session.

• [Deleted User]cuddle_buddy601 (deleted user)

Her Id is UESBLONDE. She works in NY.

• @cuddle_buddy601 - that really sucks that a 50+ advertised as being 27. There are plenty of us who would gladly cuddle with a nice mature cuddle buddy, no need to lie like that.

• I've suspended the account pending proof of ID/age.