New here, want to know more.

[Deleted User]ChinchillaChive (deleted user)

So i'm aromantic asexual and wanted to know are there people on this site looking for a platonic partnership or qpp? Not free hugs/paying strangers for hugs/etc etc, like an actual affectionate relationship/friendship. I was recommended by an another aro myself and wanted to know if its more than just a site for lonely people who are desperate for closeness. I'm very skeptical of any form of "alternative relationship" sites despite I guess I want one lol

Comments

• @ChinchillaChive, Admin says there are +/-65,000 people on this site worldwide, so I imagine they encompass a wide variety of objectives and needs. I'm sure many non-pro members are looking for just one or two people to cuddle with. Friendships and relationships happen, although, since this is not a dating site, I suspect the majority of members are not seeking a relationship _per se. But most would be open to one that sprouted organically. I would not be quick to label CC as being for "lonely people who are desperate for closeness." Some will fit that description (nothing wrong with that), and many will not. I know I never did. Solitary? Yes. Lonely? Desperate? No and no again.

I typically read all the new profiles that pop up on the home page whenever I am signed on. I've seen quite a number of people describe themselves as asexual, and a few have made forum posts inquiring if there were others like themselves. If you browse enough, you can find them. Hang out for a while, read the forums, get a feel for the place. Like anyplace online or in real life, it has both its charms and its aggravations, and a lot of interesting people. Good luck in your search.

• Welcome @ChinchillaChive ! Like what @quietman775 said people join this site for all kinds of reasons and there are all kinds of people here. I've seen people from all walks of life. I've made some great online friends through the site and hope to make many more. Best of luck!

• [Deleted User]navyman35 (deleted user)

Hey whats a aromantic? Wow new words everyday

• edited October 2017

a-romantic. I find it likely the same a meaning as atypical or asexual. To mean without.

I had to look up qpp myself. Apparently it means queer platonic partner. Though what that really means I am not quite sure.

edit-----------
    Also I am not sure I personally think of this site as an alternative relationship one? I mean, everyone you interact with has a relationship of some sort with you but if we're talking about coupling then that's not the feeling I get from this?

I personally came here because I was looking for a movie/show watching snuggle buddy. I don't have anyone to do that with at the moment. I'd be open for other forms of cuddles since I really do like it, but that's the reason that I signed up in the first place.

• [Deleted User]ChinchillaChive (deleted user)

Thanks for the response. Alternate relationship is anything that isn't strictly romance, marriage or friendship so technically wanting a platonic partner goes against social norms ¯_(ツ)_/¯. Qpp is just a friendship but with affection at least as how I see it and aro is just lacking any romantic feelings/attraction.

• [Deleted User]FlowerofLife (deleted user)

When I first started almost a year ago, I would often read the posts in this forum. Very helpful!
    Peace

• I'm aromantic too. I don't think I'm asexual but sex isn't a high priority for me and I mainly just want to cuddle. I would also love a QP/zucchini.

• edited November 2017

First welcome. :)
    2nd most of us are not 'desperate' we just would like to find the connections like everyone else. :)

I think OKC might work some...
    As for just the cuddles I think you're at the right place and hope you will find some people that you click with. :)

As for your question, while not really anytime soon as I've so much to figure and achieve personally, I am also searching for similar connections and more (thus, my search for a good site for us minorities continues). Most sites I come across are not to my liking for various reasons. I would like to create an app/site some day and hope it will address the minorities and everyone as much as possible!
    As my great saying goes, if you can't find something to your liking made, make something to your liking. :D
    I guess I am more on the Ace side of the spectrum. If you don't mind educating me some on Aromantic... and how it is for you either here or in inbox, I am interested to better understand. As I am not really familiar with. :)

• edited November 2017

Reading all the comments I now have a better idea. I would say Aromantic always felt so foreign to me. I can imagine how Asexuality and the like could feel to others who are not. I guess I am quite romantic so part of the reason. :)

I hope everyone finds what they desire. :)
    Yes, we're all here to find similar things and the reasons are unique for everyone. I guess as this Platonic Cuddles are quite more sought by Asexuals and the likes who either don't want a relationship or not really ready. I am not so surprised to find a lot of Ace and the likes as well as people from all walks of lives here with various values, interests and goals. We're just all united by Platonic Connections as I like to call it. :)

Sorry, I like my smilies too much. :)

• @ChinchillaChive I can definitely see this site appealing to asexual and aromantic individuals. In fact, I actually just recommended this site to an asexual friend. :)

However, if you are purely here in the interest of seeking a qpp, I'm not terribly confident in saying this site is for you. I'm sure you can find like-minded people, granted, and I certainly wish you luck with your search. I wonder if there is a "dating" site for asexual / aromantic individuals. If there isn't, there certainly should be.