What would make the perfect cuddle party?

I'm planning a party for the MD/VA/DC area and I'd love to have any and all ideas. What have you liked or hated about cuddle parties that you have attended?

Comments

• I've generally liked everything. Sometimes it seems like the going over of the rules and the group exercises go on for too long, eating into everyone's cuddling time.

To answer what would make the perfect cuddle party: Scarlette, BlueIris plus ten guys.

• @blueiris.... that does sound like fun!!!

• [Deleted User]LlamasAreCool (deleted user)

@Scarlette yes please do host a cuddle party!! And I agree with @blueiris, don't let the rules and discussion take up so much time that it cuts into cuddling.

Maybe getting ppl to read some of the rules before hand and signing an agreement of behavior and ethics beforehand could speed the process.

Lots of blankets would be wonderful too and I think an even gender ratio would be great too!

• @LlamasAreCool The only problem is, there's no way to guarantee that anyone actually would read the rules beforehand. Anyone can sign an agreement and not read it. We all run into that same problem at one time or another when we screen for cuddle buddies and find out that the person we're talking to has not researched the site well, has not read the cuddler agreement and has no idea what the definition of "platonic" is. That's why the rules have to be gone over at the beginning of the cuddle party.

I do think it could take less time, as at each CP I've ever been to, they'll state a rule then go through multiple examples of what it means, which isn't necessary. The saying yes and saying no exercises are beneficial, for some people more than others, but I think the compromise exercise could be skipped. We all know what compromise is and how to reach agreement.

• I don't like that everyone cancelled last minute for the one I set up, but I met a new friend because of it. I learned that I should get a non refundable deposit if and when I ever attempt it again. I rented a hotel room for it. Have you ever organized a cuddle party before? If not, PM me your eddress, anf I'll email you the paperwork I prepared for mine.

<3 Jim

• Being into tabletop gaming, I can see that playing card/board games could create an opportunity for cuddling, depending on seating arrangements/table heights.

• [Deleted User]Greybeard (deleted user)

@LonelyMedicProf Do you mean low tables like they have in some Japanese restaurants where guests sit on, or nearly on the floor?

• @Greybeard - Exactly like that, yes. Tables with chairs could work, but I just like the idea of low tables and a lot of pillows.

• edited November 2017

@LonelyMedicProf At cuddle parties, the focus is on cuddling. All floor space is taken up by couples who are cuddling. If there ever were a cuddle party where there were a bunch of guys sitting at tables playing games, the other guys at the party would be thanking them. There are always more men than women at these events, and the guys ignoring the women and playing games would be giving the other guys more cuddle time.

Thus by sitting at a card table playing games, you would be creating a barrier to the very activity you say you want to participate in. No woman is going to approach a table full of guys who don't seem to want to interact with them. They're going to be intercepted by the uncoupled-up guys who circle the floor like vultures, just waiting for an opportunity to get up close and personal to a warm body.

• For anyone who is planning a cuddle party, there is a great free webinar tomorrow that is put on by Cuddle Sanctuary. If you can't listen tomorrow, it repeats on a fairly regular basis, just get on their email list. https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_aRGoNnC2Q4CvIFcrmC1C6w

<3 Jim