Avatar the Last Airbender

edited September 27 in General

With the trailer out, what're your thoughts on the new earthbender avatar and the new series?

Comments

  • edited September 27

    Are you talking about the Avatar Aang film? I really enjoyed it! I thought they did an absolutely fantastic job of creating continuity from 2008. The style matched, the voices matched, and the way they aged the characters made perfect sense. For anyone who is skeptical of yet another reboot - this one is actually good!

    (Edit: corrected the film title, I'd remembered the tagline)

  • @redlady013, I'm excited for Season 3. The live action Netflix remake is actually pretty close to the cartoon. The acting is solid. Azula is badass. Looking forward to it!

  • @cuddlefaery not the film, the new series with the new avatar. They're making an earth bending avatar.
    But you're exactly right about the movie! It's so so so good. While it felt to short and the plot was basic it was also classic Airbender style the entire time and the gaang never changed. Except now everyone is 1000x hotter.

  • @ProfHermes I've never seen the live action series is it that good? I've avoided all live action versions of avatar thh

  • @redlady013 I also enjoyed the recent live action series. This one was way better than the atrocities done in the early 00s 😅 not to mention I absolutely squeed at the cameo by Abed from Community (Danny Pudi). I thought pretty much the entire casting was spot on and they managed to translate it well despite the change in medium.

  • @redlady013 It is very good. Ignore all the live action movies. Just watch this live action series. I guess I didn’t see the promo you are referring to regarding the Earth Avatar. The only earth Avatar I am aware of was Kyoshi.

Sign In or Register to comment.