members last vist to site

edited May 2012 in Root
Hi, we used to be able to see when a member last visited the site, which I thinks helps if we were about to contact them. That is to say if someone has visited CuddleComfort within the past week at least we know they are still interested and we might presume that their search for a cuddle buddy is still live. I think that it is a useful feature, why has the management removed this useful feature? And are people still listed in order of their last visit? Andrew

Comments

• Thanks Andrew - this should be fixed now?
  • Thanks Mark, if it could list in order of last visit that would be most useful. I think that's how it used to be?
    Andrew
  • edited June 2012
    Since implementing the new location system, I think people would prefer to see who is closest to them by default.

However, you can still list the members by last visit by clicking 'Reorder' at the top and selecting 'Order by: Last visit' and 'Direction: Descending'.
  • i wish more people were close to me D:
  • This is a very new website. Give it time :)
  • How long has this site been up, Mark ?
  • edited September 2012
    From around March last year. 

And with no ads, there's no marketing budget but it is growing at a nice steady rate. Word of mouth is playing an important role on websites like Facebook.
  • I think the website is a great concept Mark. And it seems to have a good amount of people on it for the short time it has been up, and with only word of mouth bringing in new community members.

However I do think a little advertising might be worth the investment in growing it towards significant notoriety. I just joined this site, and although I do like the features, layout, theme, and presentation...I'm presented with a problem. That being, that there's just too few people in my particular geography.

I will be patient and follow the site. But it seems like most people aren't as patient as I am, judging by "not been here for 6 months" on their profile. It seems retention may be an issue when people have the same problem as myself, and not the patience to wait for the website to come to fruition.

Anyhow just wanted to share my experience as a brand new user. I'm not sure if you Mark were affiliated with this site in any way, but I'm sharing this if not to you, then to whomever has a stake in the website's success. Cheers,

S-Arms
  • edited September 2012
    I'm the founder so appreciate your feedback.

It is worth noting that when it says someone hasn't logged in for several months, that doesn't mean they are not worth contacting. After all, their email notifications will still remain active regardless of how often they login. 

I hope you'll have some success here whether it's now or later.
  • I think I may send out a few messages in that case. I didn't realize an email function existed in connection with PM. You may want to make exaggerated notation of that feature somewhere in the sign up/general site design! 

Thank you for the reply and the encouragement. I hope I can have some success in my search too!
  • This is a great site. An excellent idea for those of us who are only interested in innocent cuddling. Thanks for creating this. I hope it will catch fire and spread like crazy.
  • Thank you, I hope so too :)
  • edited December 2014
    Mark - September 2012
    It is worth noting that when it says someone hasn't logged in for
    several months, that doesn't mean they are not worth contacting. After
    all, their email notifications will still remain active regardless of
    how often they login.

And this is why I've kept up with the action of being in contact with others in the surrounding area. Good to see that my intentions have some merit. From a post over two year ago. But I'm certain it still applies! Yes. :D