The Snuggle House - Madison, WI

Let's have a talk about The Snuggle House, shall we? For those not in the know, The Snuggle House as a venture by Matthew Hurtado. It was to be a business which would allow professional cuddlers/snugglers/etc. a place to work, have proper protections, and strengthen the movement of that which is platonic cuddling (ohhh, scary). Sadly, the pressures from those who couldn't comprehend the concept put far too many roadblocks in the way, and it was closed in a month's time. Right around the time I discovered it and thought it was awesome for what it was doing. Awww. :(

There's actually a video interview of Matt done by some artists I work with. Four part interview, but a curious look into the life of the owner and what went down with the business.

And apparently there's also a documentary in the works? Already done? I don't know, because I just found this out myself. :D

Comments

• The documentary Cuddle has gotten distribution! Release December 1st this year, pre-orders being considered right now. :D
  • I know it's a bummer. I actually thought it might be kind of cool to work there if they were open to someone working a few hours a month. Too bad it closed. There also used to be a cuddle party group in Madison that I found on meetup.com years ago, but I think that group kind of disbanded.