Male NYC cuddler

[Deleted User]metaltropic (deleted user)
edited January 2018 in Cuddle Requests

If your looking for a professional Male cuddler in the NYC metro area I’m your guy. My name is Javier Lopez and I’m a grad student studying to be a therapist. I became a professional cuddler to understand cuddling as an therapeutic tool for the healing process for individuals and it may have some benefits to the counseling community as a whole. So let me know is anyone is interested. My profile name is metaltropic and I would like to hear from anyone who would like to be my clients

Comments

• @Metaltropic... IT IS NOT OK TO RIP OFF SOMEONE'S PROFILE!!! Please delete MY description and cuddles from YOUR profile!

• [Deleted User]metaltropic (deleted user)

Well I changed it I used your description as a template to give me ideas And kept it on so I wouldn’t forget it you had good one so I took it take as more like flattery but i changed it so please talk talking to me

• edited January 2018

@metaltropic While it doesn't officially break the rules to use parts of other people's profile I would ask you remove any copied sections in order to keep the peace here. Inspiration is fine but copying profiles is going to upset people and it can be easily avoided.

• edited January 2018

@Mark - While it may not be "officially" against the rules, it is plagiarism, which is unethical at best and illegal at worst. You might want to consider making it officially against the rules.
    @metaltropic - Plagarism is not flattery. It's unethical and theft of intellectual property.

• edited January 2018

I think there was a forum topic on it last year and it was quite debatable. I think one analogy was eBay where it's common for people to copy from others. From what I can tell, it shouldn't harm the business of the original writer if some of their profile is used, it's more about annoyance.

Happy to reconsider so feel free to create a discussion on it for a new debate. But as thing stands when it comes to handling the ever growing number of reports that are coming in, this scenario might sometimes struggle for attention.

• @Mark How about if using the content requires expressed consent from the original pro? As you know, pros do often communicate to bounce idea off of each other to further promote their business. We are always wiling to help each other out. That's a far cry from actually copying and pasting a profile. We put our hearts into creating our profiles. Those words are about ME, no one else. That's more then an annoyance.

• edited January 2018

Literally copying a profile is a bit much and I would likely suspend the account with a warning. But copying bits and bobs from a profile that speak to who you are is more understandable. Do you disagree?

• edited January 2018

@Mark - I disagree, as my profile has been ripped off a number of times. It is not flattery, it is theft. And as a published author, it is far more than an annoyance.

• @Mark I do disagree. Copy and pasting a few paragraphs is just as bad as copy and pasting the entire thing.

• edited January 2018

Is this perhaps related to being a Pro? I'm trying to understand this better from your perspectives. From what I recall, the members who have been upset by this enough to post or report it are professional cuddlers. Are there reasons for that? For example, is this more of a sensitive issue because you see it relating to protecting your business?

• @Mark - possibly, but I would have been just as upset as an enthusiast. Read what @quietman775 just wrote in the Beware of Hijacked Profiles thread.

• I don't think it's related to being a pro at all although, to be honest, if there was a pro in my area that stole my profile I would tend to be a bit more upset. It's more about stealing a part of you. What I write on my profile is heartfelt and personal, from my description to my cuddle packages. It also took a lot of work and experience and time to get to the point that I could create that profile. To have another cuddler say that they love the idea of the footsie cuddle or the camping cuddle and they took the idea and put their own spin on it, is fine. To copy and paste it is definitely not ok.