Love Beyond the Flesh

edited January 2018 in General

I hope this can speak for most of us and that we can all learn something from one another. :)

When it comes to rejecting I think we all have the right to reject and it's our duty to respect if and when we are rejected. However, I think the goal of humanity and in life should be to strive to have a more Open Mind and to not make mindless and unnecessary rejections.

While it can be a challenge for everyone to connect with others. The challenge is often doubled when a person is of a minority such as having health condition(s), lifestyle, being a certain age, etc.

It's important to remember that:

• ‎We all are imperfect and unique.
• ‎Let's work on becoming more empathic.

• Edit: "I think it's better to ask "stupid" questions than to make 'stupid' judgements." Though we can and should all practice to question one another in more considerate and in ways that help us understand and connect more.

• ‎Treat each person we encounter for who they're - not who we want them to be or who we think they should be - and never compare - these things just set us up for failures and limit our connections and opportunities to experience beyond what we thought possible.

• ‎Let's not undermine or judge someone's ability to do anything.

‎Especially their ability to love, comfort and care because of their body type, age, health condition(s), lifestyle, etc. With having a more open mind and seeing each person for who they are, we will be surprised at the love we are capable of giving and receiving! :)

1. ...12 votes
    1. Agree
      75.00%
    2. Disagree
        0.00%
    3. Neutral
        8.33%
    4. I need to work on myself more...
      16.67%

Comments

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)

Is this your subtle way of adding 'like/dislike' buttons like you wanted to in the other thread? :3

I agree tho.

Open mind, open heart, open brain surgery.

• edited January 2018

Shhhh... :D

I usually add a Poll though. :)

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)

Everything you wrote is great.

But I'm gonna stay neutral and agree to disagree. sigh...guess I really need to work on myself more.

:3

Choco Hugs @Lovelight

• [Deleted User]DeliMan (deleted user)

I think that we all need to work on ourselves. Unless you are perfect lol

I know that I definitely have a habit of using jokes that after the fact when I think about what I actually said I sometimes do eat a little crow and ask for forgiveness from the person that I may have been insensitive to.

So I do need to work on myself.

Thanks for the survey.

• I am single now for 3 yrs and am the happiest I have ever been with myself. I was married young to my sons mom, then when we split I immediately jumped into another relationship and married once our divorce was final. So this is my first time being single since early 20s and I have learned a lot about myself, and not being responsible for another persons happiness and well being (apart from my son of course) really has allowed me to find my own happiness, and I have learned to love and accept myself in a way I don't think I would had I been in a relationship still.

• edited January 2018

Definitely agree with the idea of being accepting and not dismissing people too quickly ...

About handling rejection in general:

One way to help deal with feelings of rejection is to ask, where does my value come from? What makes me precious and valuable and worth loving?

Hopefully you can think of lots of reasons. But one place you don't need to look to determine whether you are valuable or not is the actions of a person who doesn't really know you. When someone seems to reject you, in the end it doesn't really reflect on you. They are not in a position to evaluate you properly or accurately. You are still the same precious and valuable person. You don't even need to defend yourself; what was true before they did that is still true afterwards.

An offer to cuddle with someone is a vulnerable thing; it's asking, "Do you want to be close to me, and let me close to you?" - on multiple levels. So I guess that intensifies any sense of rejection. On the other hand, when someone accepts the offer, they are accepting you quite deeply too.

• The challenge is often doubled when a person is of a minority such as having health condition(s), lifestyle, being a certain age, etc.

Are you specifically talking about me here? I have a bad back and knees, polyamorous and nudist lifestyles, and am 72 years old. ;) LOL I am one of the most open minded people anyone is likely to meet, so needless to say, I have no negative considerations towards anyone who fits into these or similar categories.
    <3 Jim

• Fellow nudist ... HI!!!

• For me cuddling , caregiving my only deal breakers are hygiene , disrespectful , bigoted . I can cuddle and nurture with anyone , age race or gender I don’t care .

Romantic Love is the same except I do need to be attracted to the person that’s not always a physical thing

• Hello back atcha.

I agree that attraction is not always a physical thing. In fact, for me it is pretty much almost always an emotional and/or intellectual thing.

If I ever find myself out your way, I'll PM you to see if you are up for meeting to have a soda or coffee, or maybe even a meal.
    <3 Jim