Why does it seem like no one in the fort Worth TX area like pro cuddles??

[Deleted User]princessplushie (deleted user)
edited January 2018 in General

I'm a professional cuddler and I've been trying hard to advertise my services. I'm very passionate about what I do and my rates are a lot more reasonable than most. I just don't understand, why is it that I'm having difficulty? I'm seriously considering trying another site If I don't book anything within two weeks. If anyone is interested in my services and want to be truly cared for please feel free to message me
. My sessions are only $55 per hour (2hour minimum)

Comments

• Hi healingtouch, I wish I was closer I'd love to cuddle with you!

• [Deleted User]DeliMan (deleted user)

@ahealingtouch if you were in Florida I would cuddle with you. Just give it Time.

You might network with other professionals and see what they do to get clients.

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)

Great profile and painfully delicious rates.

Probably won't matter much either way but I'd personally like it if you started with "Hello, I've always had an interest in healing and therapy. "

And put THIS:
    SESSION COST:
    $55 PER HOUR ( 2hour minimum)
    AVAILABLE ONCALL:
    SUNDAY-MONDAY 11:00PM-3:00AM

Right before THIS:
    My services are completely platonic and NOT sexual. Any advances will be politely dismissed. If the client chooses to continue inappropriate advances the meeting will end abruptly regardless of how much time is left and no refunds will be given.

Again, I'm sure it won't matter either way but I think it's nice to start with your greeting and wonderful energy. The rates are all in caps so even if you put them down a bit they're still easy to find and read.

Either way good luck. Never thought I'd see a pro charge under $60 again. KEEP HOPE ALIVE!

• edited January 2018

@ahealingtouch Welcome to CC. I think there are several things going on.

First, I note that you joined in January 2018. You're less than three weeks in. I've owned several businesses/professional practices over the years, and I can say they usually take time to ramp up. Patience is good. :-)

There is also the issue of competition. I did a quick search for pros within 100 miles of you, and found 15 who have logged on within the week. Marketing takes more work when you are not the only game in town.

The biggest hurdle I see is the limited hours. Sunday night into Monday morning only, plus two random weekdays that require a full week's lead time to schedule. Your schedule is what it is, and you can't help that --- but it does make booking a challenge. Maybe you should have called this thread "Why Does it Seem Like No One in the Fort Worth TX Area wants to Pay for Cuddling Between Sunday Night at 11:00 and Monday at 3:00 a.m.?" ;-)

Your minimum session length may be an issue for some as well. I personally love meeting new pros, and do so every chance I get. However, since cuddle chemistry is hard to predict, I invariably make my first session just one hour. I don't know if anyone else shares my predilection for short first-time sessions, but if they do, that could be affecting your inquiry rate too.

Cuddle Comfort does not demand exclusivity from its pros; many paid cuddlers here list themselves on multiple sites. The big advantage CC has is that it takes a much smaller cut of the client fee than cuddle agencies do. But if you've got to list on multiple sites to keep the appointments coming, no harm in that.

I think the best way to get traction here is to be a consistent, visible presence on the forums. If people like your comments, they will click through to your profile to learn about the person who made them.

Lastly: Your profile starts with prices and ends with rules, and the "marketing piece" --- the presentation of reasons why someone would want to cuddle with you --- is buried in between. Caveats and warnings predominate. It might make your profile more attractive or compelling if you lead with the sales copy, followed by pricing, followed by a list of rules that's as short as possible. [edit: I now see that @chococuddles already said this.]

Good luck!

• edited January 2018

Being available only in the middle of the night is going to make it challenging to get clients.

• [Deleted User]Greybeard (deleted user)

@ahealingtouch This is the 18th of January. You joined in January. And you’re in here talking about dumping the site. There is s lot of trust involved in this cuddling business. Complaints and suggestions that you are ready to drop out in less than 3 weeks? I don’t see that as a way of instilling trust. Also, the threats about what you’ll do the second time somebody gets inappropriate? Suggests tat it’s okay to try once. I’d just say, “My services are strictly platonic.” Good luck.

• [Deleted User]princessplushie (deleted user)
    edited January 2018

I thank everyone for their advice for being more encouraging and less critical and harsh. I am also grateful for your kindness and gentle steering. I never insinuated that it would be OK to be inappropriate at all. The only reason I "laid down the law" is because of the disgustingly inappropriate messages I was receiving, but I did edit my site since you are right, it could deter other clients who may think me to be cold which I'm not. I'm a very kind and sensitive soul who admires the Samantha Hess style of cuddling and I am striving to heal hearts one at a time. The only reason I would leave this site is if I decided to go with snuggle buddies which seems more promising but has rules that doesn't allow me to market in competitor sites. That has nothing to to do with how trustworthy of a person I am so please do not judge my integrity if you know nothing about me. I currently have no clients and have not let anyone down. Even if I had one client I would remain here just so I would remain faithful and dependable to them.. Perhaps in the future my availability would become more desirable however I try to make up for that with being humble and having reasonable rates. I am not a money hungry greedy person and that's why my rates are low, I'm more focused on providing healing and therapy instead of just filling my pocket. I hope to receive clients who notice that and will appreciate that about me, I suppose only time will tell. In the meantime I will remain my happy bubbly self and remain optimistic. I apologize if I seemed impatient, I will remain here for awhile and give this site more of a chance. The world is a beautiful place with many beautiful lovely people and I look forward to the opportunity to nurture and love everyday.

• My mom, who died last September, lived in Granbury. It is a fairly small town, so that might also have something to do with your problem. However, it seems that your willingness to travel 35 miles without charging for gas money, should mitigate that. That leads me to believe that you may have a problem with advertising. The suggestion that you network with other professional cuddlers seems like a really good one.

I still have relatives all over North Central Texas, and I visit them pretty infrequently, but it is possible that we may meet sometime when I do visit.

<3 Jim

• @ahealingtouch. I am on 5 different cuddle sites and Cuddle Comfort is BY FAR my favorite. It is far more active than the others. I think your marketing just needs some tweaking. I would be happy to help you with that.

Thank-you Scarlett, I just edited it. Let me know what you think

• @ahealingtouch I sent you a message.

• [Deleted User]SexyBrit (deleted user)
    edited January 2018

I'm in the DFW area and like your profile but am unable to host. Plus the 2 hour min session is discouraging (to me, a nervious newbie, at least), otherwise I would be considering making an appointment.

In other words, it's not you who are lacking, just that people have various constraints that may be preventing them from booking. So keep at it and you'll build up a client base in no time!

Edit: I hope this makes sense lol. I'm not at my best at the moment but wanted to give feedback and be encouraging.

• @ahealingtouch I actually think the 2 hr minimum is not a bad thing. Personally I think it takes a while just to get comfy with the person and getting to know them is part of the process of figuring out if it is going to be a good thing for the both of you. And while a lot of people are charging considerably more than 55 an hr, you make it possible to book multiple hrs and still stay within a certain budget. So for yo its 110 or 2 hrs, whereas a lot of people charge 80 and up per hr. Good luck to you, you seem sweet and kind, and like you are in it to help.

• For me personally, I like going to pros and non-pros for different reasons... pros are usually better at giving comfort and making the session more about you for a recharge while non-pros can either be a recharge or a drain (still greatly enjoy helping them, but not as much of a recharge for myself) depending on their own comforting needs. Neither is better, but it is something I've noticed.
    DFW has A LOT of Pros, it's a bit flooded with so many to choose from. Your restrictive hours are going to limit you and even though I am a night owl and am up during those times, I work most of that. You do have great rates though, only 1 in the area I know of that is lower at $50/hour and I've booked time with her multiple times not only for her rate, but because her and I get along and vibe so well.
    As others have stated though, it's only the 18th and you're talking of leaving the site even though you joined this month. Give it more time. I haven't used other sites, but have heard plenty of times and repeatedly that they aren't as active or as good of a site for the cuddle service, and that some aren't as well managed for other activities as this one is.

I do hope you'll stay on and that you'll be able to get a few clients soon though ^_^

edited January 2018

Hello everyone just an update. I've decided to stay here afterall. I have not gotten clients from here yet but I have from advertising myself in other ways and they were very pleased. I enjoy doing this it's so fulfilling to comfort others. it just comes naturally and you either got it or you don't. I've decided to stay away from snuggle buddies due to all the horrid reviews from fellow cuddlers on google. I have looked into other sites but I refuse to work for any company unless it's like this site. I want to be able pay them the service fee myself instead of the cash being handed to them first. I refuse to put myself in a position of potentially being conned. I truly feel terrible that our fellow cuddlers had to endure that. It made my blood boil. I hope justice comes to pass for them.

• @ahealingtouch... I'm glad you decided to stay!

Thank-you Scarlett. You are sweet, check out my new post and add me already!