Pet peeves

Comments

• ewww I hate obnoxious chewers..... and yes eww sticky heavy breathing down my neck.... and please dont lick my ear unless you want to get an elbow..... i wish there was a like button for comments, i just want to go down each one with a yep, yep yep! If you'er in the fast lane going slow you need to sh*t or get off the pot!

• Personally I get annoyed when people talk over me. Its not that I don't want them to be heard or that I feel I take precedence, its just rude. Like when someone blurts out a response to something prior to you even finishing your statement.

• [Deleted User]DeliMan (deleted user)

@goldengrams1201 are you saying lead follow or get the heck outta the way!

• [Deleted User]DeliMan (deleted user)

@pmvines when someone starts talking over me I stop when they look at me I say “now if you are finished can I make my statement without interruption”.

I just put them on notice!

• Oooh outside of cuddling!? So freaken many lol!!
    -not having common courtesy to put a shopping cart away or throw garbage away at a theater or resturaunt or leaving an item anywhere in a store incase you changed your mind. The worse it like a frozen/perishable item back on a shelf.
    And I cringe everytime I hear someone say "but its their job" ffs. Be a good human and put things where they belong, it takes 5 seconds to make someones life 10x easier. Lmao (this all stemped from @chococuddles, I totally hate when people dont put the bar up either lol)

• [Deleted User]Greybeard (deleted user)

@Brandi here in the winter, while they do plow the parking lots, they are always full of slush and slop. Some poor soul has to go out there and gather shopping carts. Usually it’s a 17 year old in his first job, but increasingly it’s a kid who needs the job so that maybe next week he can buy a warm pair of gloves. So many shoppers load their car from the cart and leave it there. “Hey lady, somebody’s kid has to chase all over the lot in this weather because you’re to preoccupied with your life to put the dang cart away.”

• [Deleted User]Alternis (deleted user)

People who chew gum with their mouth open. A close friend would do it on purpose to annoy me until one day I put a hand behind his head and another under his chin and showed him how to chew properly.

• Hmm where should I start...drivers who don't indicate, hypocrites, those women/girls who moan on social media about all guys being evil when one guy is bad to them, people who don't say please and thank you, being interrupted, people who judge and talk about stuff they know nothing about, people who don't text back, the label "banter" being used when people are just being bang out of order, suffice to say I've got a long list, much of which ultimately revolves around just being plain rude. Manners are a simple thing which cost nothing to use, there is literally zero reason not to use them.

The newest of my pet peeves is people with zero power over you who just expect you to drop everything at a moment's notice for them even when you're busy. I say "zero power" because obviously there's a difference between your boss asking and someone else asking; all credit for this pet peeve goes to a work colleague who often asks me questions at work and sometimes pesters me, probably as more of a joke than anything, until I answer even when I'm clearly busy. To clarify, the guy's not incompetent, it's often stuff I would probably ask about in his shoes too to be fair to him, it's just the fact he wants it done there and then instead of being willing to wait and put it to one side for a moment that I resent, and the pestering which, even as a joke, is extremely annoying.

• Cruelty to animals. I almost never get angry, at anything. I'm about as laid back as a human being can get. But when I see someone yank their dog's leash, or scare a cat or in other ways be cruel to an innocent animal... It makes my blood boil. It makes me want to exert justice in a very biblical, old-testament, shock and awe sort of way. Other than that, I almost never get irritated.

• People who cuss out their kids ( not around them but at them )

• Misused and misspoken phrases, here are two that drive me nuts:

People who say “I could care less”’ when they should be saying “I couldn’t care less”

“Divide and Conquer” means to split up your oppositon not break apart your team.

• I see I could care less as a threat . Lol

• When people describe themselves incorrectly. My friend called himself a Nileist or whatever I'm assuming after watching the Big Lebowski. I asked if he didn't believe in anything then he cant believe himself to be something it made no sense to me. Way overrated movie

• [Deleted User]curiousgeorge1 (deleted user)

Is a Nileist someone who follows the Nile? Lol, Nihilist I think is what he meant. Lol. The dude abides.

• Chewing noises, like chomping on ice. Slurping soup. Eating like a human vacuum machine.

No. No. No. Just don't, please.

• @Sideon yessssss!

I also don't like when people touch me on just one side of my body. Touches last on my skin, especially if they are high pressure, and I can't stand the uneven feeling!

• After reading all the previous posts, all I can say is that as you get older, you learn to accept that the world isn't perfect and is never going to be, you aren't going to change it and not to let it bother you. Being peeved about things just causes stress. All you 'youngsters' will eventually learn what is important to get annoyed about and what isn't. You aren't in control of the world, but you are in control of how you react to it.

• That's the truth. ^^^

• I may be a youngin but I don't think I'll grow to enjoy being licked with age lol

• edited March 2018

@AshleyCuddles - you might be surprised, I hated eating broccoli until I was about 35 but now I have developed a taste for it.

• @UKGuy , we are all surprised at how easy going my dad has grown to be, lol. He's retired now and is friends with everyone. The only people who seem to annoy him are me and my mom ;-) lol. People do tend to be the hardest on their family a lot of the time...

I am a lot more easy going out in the country. When I travel to cities, I get more stressed :-P Stoplights are the worst. Stupid inefficient inventions ;-) I want roundabouts pretty much everywhere.

With people, I hate it when people have a complete lack of being conscientious. Everything related to that. And BULLIES are the absolute worst. Basically, people having a negative affect on other people because they're rude, mean, or completely oblivious ;-)

• Not much peeves me I’m very easy going. Even as I grow older there is so much in life and in the world to explore and experience. I think perhaps the thing that annoys me the most is wasting time. Life is finite and I hate wasting it for example stuck in a traffic jam or queuing for something.

• [Deleted User]MoonlightSonata (deleted user)

For me, it is just rude people. You know, like when you are in public just minding your own business and some person decides to be rude to you.

This happened to me yesterday. I was just trying to take out the trash and some neighbor insisted that I couldn't use the trash can outside of my house (even though maintenance has told me anyone can use it). I didn't really want to argue with the guy so I just threw my trash in another dumpster.

• When some people use the public rest room , and don’t flush the toilet , and leave their business sitting there . Yuck

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)

@UKGuy - Agree on the maturing of taste buds (I even enjoy brussel sprouts now!) but disagree with letting things go as we get older. I'm more finicky and ornery about things now than I was 5 years ago. :3

• When I phone a business and they put me on hold without even asking if that's ok. Or any business that has a phone system that does not allow me to speak to a person. I usually find that my issue is none of the ones listed for pressing a certain button.

• Could of, Should of, Would of. Drives me BONKERS. I know it's because Could've, Would've, Should've sound similar, but it's HAVE.

• People who take an hour to order in the drive thru line at McDonald's - I mean it's fast food not a restaurant that provides a made to order home cooked Italian feast.

• @AshleyCuddles - I'm late to the party, but licking might be an acquired taste (it was for me) like Brussel Sprouts -