What country would you visit

edited February 2018 in General

If you could visit any country right now, which would you?

I'd say Turkey, Turkish.

If you could wake up speaking any one language which would you choose?

Edit: In addition to your normal accent, what other accent would you wish to master naturally?

Mine I'll comment later...

:)

Comments

• Australia/Cain's/great barrier reef. That has always been my number one place that I want to visit most.

• @AshleyCuddles Excellent choice Ashley! I visited Cairns a couple of years ago. The temperature is nicest in our winter (June-July).

As well as the US and Canada, I'd like to visit Africa and go on a safari ...

I've never thought about mastering another accent though. :)

• After highschool a friend and I backpacked around the UK and outer areas. Did England, Whales, France, Ireland, France, Belgium, Scotland, Germany, and Holland. Mostly slept in trains and buses, or really cheap hostels, when not staying with strangers and hitchhiking. Also have been to Canada, South Africa (my sons mother was from there), and Puerto Rico, though I realize its an American province it still feels very much like a different world. (same with Hawaii, I had to stop myself a couple times from referring to it as a different country lol) I would love to visit Australia and New Zealand.

• [Deleted User]SJSpooner (deleted user)

Iceland has been at the top of my travel bucket list for quite some time! Been to the airport a couple of times on my way to Europe - but I have been told that (hanging out in the airport during a layover) doesn't count. I agree. :-)

• Have always been fascinated with Greece and would love to travel there. France would be my second choice. ^.^

• Good questions. First the countries I would love to visit. Too bad Hawaii and Puerto Rico is not one of them. But, I would love to visit both. On the top of my list is Mexico. Other countries would be Greece, the UK, The caribbean Islands, There are other parts of South America which include El Salvador, Chile, Guatemala and Peru

• Oh yes, I forgot the language I would like to speak naturally. Spanish has been one I wanted to learn and working on learning. Slowly, since I don't practice it enough. I am taking a correspondence course on top of my current courses in Drug and Alcohol Counseling.

• India, Vietnam

• Depends....if I could be guaranteed safety I'd goto pripyat in ukraine. Russian would be my free language either way.

In present day circumstances I would need to pick japan as the place.

• My dreams of visiting Rome in Italy and explain why ! Because of religious sites and wine farms.

• I'd like to see Japan some time. I has the culture most different from the one I live in. Sometimes it seems like a completely different world.

• [Deleted User]ivlegend (deleted user)

I will love to revisit Japan and then Australia :)

• [Deleted User]jj52715 (deleted user)

Traveling to Thailand in May.. looking forward to that!

• Earlybird4u I agree I've always wanted to go to Italy. I just want to experience everything

• Any ONE language or any one additional language? Because if it's one, English. If it's one additional language... Japanese. I want to go to Japan more than most places in the world--sure, I've got a lot of others I really want to see, but... Japan has the most going for it as far as stuff I personally love or want to experience / look at in person.

• Geez... You sure ask hard questions! I can't come up with just one.

Countries to visit: Scotland, Australia, New Zealand

Languages: I think Spanish and Chinese would probably be the most useful, considering that I live in the Los Angeles area, and I think those two along with English are the most common languages in the world.

Accents: Scottish, and Australian. I've already got the main one down since birth - Texican

<3 Jim

• I_am_Polylover

I try. :)

Australia is of interest to me too as are the others although not my top lists. Spanish yay! Chinese is cool too - Ni hao ma? :)

As for me when it comes to accents although I find French accents um cool among many others. :)

I would go with enhancing my British/Australian accent (both are rather dashes and not that pronounced anyways). Ideally I'd like waking up with a Liverpool/ accent. :P :)

• I have always wanted to visit New Zealand. In fact I wanted to immigrate there but their rules are so tough I did not qualify. I ended up in the USA instead. I still want to visit New Zealand even though they wouldn't have me. I'd also like to visit all the Scandinavian countries: Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland and Iceland.

• I stayed in NZ for a month or so. It's really nice.

• Russia! Russian! Russian lol or British ?

• I would love to visit Ireland! The pictures I’ve seen, it looks beautiful there. And I do have some Irish blood in me, from my Mom's side. So, obviously I’d like to have an Irish accent.

• [Deleted User]RScarf1 (deleted user)

I would like to visit Italy because my dad was born there and to eat the food.

• edited March 2018

New Zealand, for the beautiful landscapes and the added bonus of
    Lord of the Rings being filmed there :D

• I always wanted to live in Puerto Rico...I am an african american man with descendents from the island. I speak spanish and love the culture, food, music...I think its where im meant to be

• [Deleted User]MoonlightSonata (deleted user)

If I could visit any country I wanted, I would probably visit Japan. But I would love to visit many countries all across Asia including India, Pakistan, South Korea, The Philippines, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, China, Taiwan, and more.

• Country: Not sure. Maybe revisit Mexico, visit more Mayan ruins.

Language: Hmmm. Probably one of the Native American languages.

Dialect: No clue. How would I even know? It'd sound normal to me.

• Ireland! It has always been a dream of mine to go there. Or to get an Irish pen pal!

@AliceLane Ireland is a place I would like to visit one day as well. It has such a fascinating history.

@BrianL I've always wanted to take a proper trip to Mexico. I've 'technically' gone once because my friends and I drove across the border. But we didn't stay to long.

• @MoonlightSonata My visits have mostly been to Cozumel, the cruise I went on back in '12, '13 somewhere around there, was to Progresso and Cozumel. Went to the ruins in Progresso, got a bunch of pictures. There was also when I was younger went to Cozumel with family, we went to some ruins on the mainland, but I don't remember that so well. From the cruise, we had a Mayan tour guide of the ruins.