Understanding romantic normalities as Platonic

I understand that there will be a permanent ban on those who seek kissing while cuddling which I completely understand, but i come from a place where small, light kisses ARE platonic when both parties agree that they are.
So my question is does anyone else on here feel that way?

1. Can kissing be platonic with discussion?120 votes
    1. No kissing is purely romantic
      26.67%
    2. Yes kissing can be platonic
      73.33%

Comments

• Obviously such a thing as kissing, which itself comes in many forms, is regarded differently in different cultures, or even different families within the same culture. I would say a kiss on the hand or forehead is platonic but on the lips or neck is not. A kiss on the cheek could be taken either way. But that's just my opinion based on my culture and upbringing. Your 'survey' is very poorly worded, so I'm not going to vote on that. An interesting question though.

• If it feels right and there is consent I see nothing wrong with a peck on the hand, cheek, head, but not really lips or neck. To me that feels too girlfriendish, not really platonic

• The definition of platonic is intimate and affectionate but not sexual. By that definition, kissing for me can absolutely be platonic.

• @Morpheus - but that definition is in a dictionary from which culture? Definitions in dictionaries reflect the culture where the dictionary was published.

• @UKGuy that’s why I say in my comment, “By that definition.” My comment which is my opinion was based on that definition.

• For me with good friends we platonically kiss but as a Pro I don’t allow kissing with clients because I think it can blur the lines too much ! I dont want them to get the wrong idea and lead them on . I think between enthusiast it’s really up to them and if they consent with no pressure .

• I know what the site rule says. But as a personal preference I do not like the little kisses. I realize that the intention is harmless but it makes me personally uncomfortable. I immediately tense up so really not my thing.

• I would say that kissing the lips is pretty much never platonic, but at the same time if you have a cuddle buddy and both of you enjoy kissing lips without wanting to take things further then that's your business and feel free to kiss away.

It's your business where boundaries start and finish ultimately, but obviously if you're not both from somewhere where that's fine then don't just randomly ask out of the blue about it as it is definitely a lot more extreme than just hand holding or other stuff, just slowly bring it up once you've built a good level of trust and comfort. Personally if I'm really comfortable around someone and having a really nice time I may kiss them on the hand, partly being playful and partly showing my respects, but usually I'll leave it at that :)

• Not all kidding on lips is non- platonic I grew up with parents who kissed us on the lips and I still do on occasion . I have friends we give a quick kiss on lips or cheek , no big deal . I wouldn’t do it here and never with a client because I think things need to be professional as possible so there is no confusion . I think it’s different for everyone .

• Parents and children kissing on lips is different, I'm assuming when this thread was created the person was more referring to between two individuals who are not related, but you're not wrong by any means and it's an interesting point worth raising :) I've personally never been that close to family so I can't imagine that was ever a thing my parents and I did and I would feel a little uncomfortable doing that now even if I was considering I'm a 24 year old man, though I've personally no problem with others doing that, as you say it's different for everyone, different people show their affection/love for one another in different ways :)

• edited February 2018

@willmott2k10 I have had friends who I kissed on the lips. A small peck. However this was as a teen. I do feel like as an adult I would not be likely to do that with a friend, particularly a new friend, however just because that tradition didn't stay with me into adulthood doesn't mean that it is not normal for others such as @cuddlebugTM , She isn.t saying she makes out with them , and I don't think she is saying that she is meeting new people on the site and cuddle clients and kissing their faces. What I am hearing is that these are more so friends she has had a long time. I think its really sweet.

• Yes I’m talking about long term friends , not clients or cuddle friend I met online

• That's fair enough, yeah that is sweet and nice that you have/had those kind of friends you did that with; I guess I was never really that close to anyone, friends and family alike, when I was younger so it's not something I've ever really done, it's hard for me to see kissing on lips in the same light as you guys with that in mind.

• As someone who has had their personal boundaries violated in ways I don't wish to describe here while being a pro, I have no issue whatsoever with kisses or pecks provided intent has been well-established and it's someone I trust and have been in the company of before. It absolutely can be platonic, though in my city and province there tends to be too many people who take that as me being open to other things when that is 100% not the case. I am often the first one to give a small kiss of affection if I am really enjoying the time with my client.

There are tons of things that are rooted in romanticism and sexuality, including nudity, that can still be experienced as platonic. Ask any nudist/naturist who lives that lifestyle... Fight me on that and I will debate it to the death. Having said that, I know why rules against kissing and naturist sessions are in place; it's just to protect everyone involved.

• @Catloaf yes as a naturist I do have naturist clients that I met on a FB .

Yes my comfort level definitely depends on how well I know the person and their motivations

• It's pretty simple for me, if I love you I'll kiss you on the lips. (Excludes dating which I have been known to kiss on the first date! Hehe). I kiss my mom on the lips every time we say goodbye. Same with my grown children. Same with my dearest friends, men and women. I have always been a love bug.

• I nearly kissed my cousin when we greeted each other at prty n if did may not have been platonic.
    Did kiss nun accidently on lips once n still feel guilty about that & this was at end of week retreat. Pro did some pecks on my face on 1st meet & i did not return favour til next session & nuzzled her

• @CUD_male .. did you just say you wanted to kiss your cousin non-platonicly?

• Kissing cousins ... lmfao
    There is a cousin in my husband family that all the guys would say .... “ if she wasn’t my cousin ...” or “ does second cousins count ?”

• I definitely don't have a cousin like that! Haha. Might have made family get togethers more interesting!!!

• 2nd cousin n she is 'if my my cousin' type still. Also up 4 a laugh not a snog. Still interesting times

• @CUD_male lol.... I'm jealous! I have a family of all women!

• I kissed my high school principal on the lips as he handed me my diploma in front of the entire graduating class, staff, and audience! Only got in a quick peck but it was magical, and I'm sure he still thinks about me : =)

• Omg @pmvines that would be hilarious to see!

• @pmvines. That can't be true! Hahaha.

• It is and thank satan that it was not during the me too era or I could have been in a load of trouble lol

• @pmvines - any 1 film it? Now there was some past female teachers, I;d like 2 have tried that on.

• Roflmao that's all I can say

• Ha! Love it!

This discussion has been locked.