cuddling rates

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]RScarf1 (deleted user)

Morpheus, I am an energy healer. I have helped people for free. However, when I need healing, no energy healer has given me a free session. Only one did not specify a price and said I could just make a donation. When I was in training for energy healing, we were taught that there should be an exchange of value. If professionals receive nothing from the customer in exchange for their time, effort, and service, then the pro eventually will not be able to continue providing the service because then he or she will have to work in another job to pay the bills. When someone goes to church, there is no cost to see the sermon, but people feel that they should contribute something when the container is being passed around in order for the church to continue providing the sermons and other programs that help the public. I don't agree with professionals charging exorbitant rates. Some professionals do this regardless of their true abilities. Some do the opposite and are actually very good at what they do (such as a car mechanic), but charge a reasonable fee because they want their services to be accessible for most people. When I paid for an ad in Natural Awakenings magazine for 6 months, I only had one customer for healing and he was not a repeat customer because the person was in his 90s and he was too far gone for me to help him. The daughter called me and I came to their home and did a session and there was no improvement, so I was honest and said that maybe another healer could help him. All the other people I did healings on had some immediate improvement, but this situation was beyond my capabilities. I did not want to receive any more of the daughter's money if I could not help her father and also I wanted him to get the help he needed and I recommended a couple of professionals who I have paid for services, so I knew that they were legitimate.

• @Morpheus. Bad analogy. If you don't know the difference between say, insulin, and cuddle you need to do some research.

I would also like to add that because people are unwilling or unable to pay me for healing services, I cannot be a healer as a full-time job and have to remain a librarian even though I know I could help a lot of people if I could be a healer full-time.

• Exactly @RScarf1 . It was said in a webinar "I don't WANT to charge money... I HAVE to charge money". Because if we don't charge money, we'll have to get another job, which means no cuddling for anyone :-P Better to be able to help some people than no one ;-)

• @RScarf1 that's interesting. Sounds holistic? What kind of things do your sessions treat? Super interested although too far away to partake. Lol

• I had someone recently contact me and ask what was the lowest priced cuddle I could offer. I did the calculation on how much it costs me to do a one hour cuddle - including cost for the space, heat for the space, fees paid to whichever site they're from, and supplies for each individual session. I didn't include the time for extra laundry, cost to do the laundry, background music, my own prep time, plowing during storms (this is a shared benefit so don't include it), and extra skin oils and shaving supplies I use to keep my skin soft in the winter to prevent scratching anyone with dry skin.
    I found that at $80/hr I would clear $2. Longer cuddles ease this as many supplies are switched out between each cuddler rather than after each hour. Note: I do not charge $80/hr for cuddles; this figure was used in the calculation for reference only.
    The people who choose to complain, I recommend seeking cuddles from enthusiasts. The vibe is different but I've found they can be excellent in their own right. To provide a good environment and a truly wonderful cuddle takes a lot of time, effort, energy, and supplies. I love doing this and know I'm helping the people I see for cuddles, in turn spreading positivity to my immediate community as well as meeting great people imo; thus, the fee calculation doesn't bother me much, though it was eye opening. Most cuddlers I've met over the years and developed a professional cuddle relationship with understand there is cost involved in various capacities, but somehow, many on this forum don't.

Despite the differences in opinion here, I hope everyone has wonderful cuddles this weekend!

• Am I doing something wrong that I would be utterly shocked if my expenses were anywhere near that @PinkLipstick22 ? Lol. I justify my rate because there is a LOT more time involved in the cuddle outside the hours which are paid. I need to be paid for my time. Just what it is...

• @ubergigglefritz, not at all. When I first started out, I was just figuring things out and was doing incalls mostly in the room I lived in at the time, spruced up for the cuddle session. I've branched out now, and have chosen to use a beautiful space in an accessible area and utilize various tips over the years to enhance the cuddle space for a high quality experience. Such enhancements are a choice, one I believe is worth it, and does contribute to the extra costs for me. I'm also in a very high-cost-living area so that contributes, as well. Overall, my costs are higher now, mostly due to choice, some due to inflation, and I feel it's worth it personally to deliver a high quality cuddle experience. I'm in the room for the cuddle and want it nice, too!

I have seen your posts that you're new to the pro side of cuddling, and starting out you are still figuring things out and all of that. I'm glad you've joined us! You are right that the time involved more than accounts for the hourly fees charged, and being paid for our time is expected. I don't see any of the mostly male researchers I work with during the day offering to work hours every week for free; it's unheard of and is unlawful. I don't expect my own body workers to work for free or give me freebies for any reason (and they don't), and it's the same for professional cuddlers. This unusual outlook asking for or expecting cheap/free in these forums is strange to me. You can absolutely be successful without doing any of these extras I've added for sure :)

On top of all of this, I have also been rewarded in the personal and professional growth being a cuddler has afforded me. Doing this work, one learns a lot - about people in general, about delivering quality services, and (for me) about myself. I feel this is a valuable reward for being in this industry, and I'm confident I'm not done growing and changing. I also get to meet some really cool people, which is an awesome bonus!
    Overall, I feel pretty lucky being able to find success as a pro cuddler. If you're costs aren't this high, you likely aren't doing anything wrong. If you ever have any questions or would like some tips, send me a PM. I'm always happy to share tips and the methods I use.
    Cheers!

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)

Very enthusiastic about enthusiasts!

@AshleyCuddles Actually, you're not too far away. No one is because there is distance healing for this which is called Reconnective Healing. I believe the sessions treat any ailments, but there is no guarantee of a cure. I've seen amazing things though. You can learn more about it on their website which is thereconnection.com. I was also trained in Reiki many years ago. There are different types of energy healing and I discover more because there are a lot of healers living in Florida and that is one of the positives of living in this state.

• @PinkLipstick22 ... Your costs are insane. I would say you need to review your business plan and make some changes. I understand that this is a rewarding field but your operational efficiency is lacking somewhere. Your gross profit margin is so irrelevant that in any other industry you would be essentially be bankrupt.

I cuddle almost full time and I have a VERY nice, comfy space and provide all the special extras and still keep my cost of business under 5%, 20% on Cuddle Comfort, 45% on Cuddle Companions (although my rate is $120/hr), etc.

No one should work for $2 an hour.