Self-Promotion

What are some ways you have promoted yourself as a “cuddler” to better market your services and expand your clientele? Where I live, the market isn’t huge and mostly unknown about the availability of it here. What has been your strategies?

Comments

• I know people are on different cuddling websites and some do CL. I'm curious people's responses also =)

• Use your imagination and do whatever fits your personality. I own a successful company as my "daytime" business so I'm extremely comfortable marketing in multiple formats. I keep ridiculously organized records of every cuddle and cuddler. That's my thing.

There's always different sites, CL, Eventbrite, Meet up, etc.

I have business cards, flyers, t-shirts, website.

Website!!! You need to have a place to direct people that contact you or else you will spend every waking moment answering questions and explaining your service.

If you want to be really successful try cuddle trips. I do a couple a month and they are hugely successful. I post every trip on CL and Eventbrite. I get hundreds of responses and once I boot the crazies I still have enough to not only book the trip but waitlist them for next trip.

Keep great records. I always contact ALL of my clients once a month with my monthly specials.

Get a "Free Hugs" t shirt with your contact info. Hit farmers markets, city streets, grocery stores or wherever. Have a powerful of business cards to hand out.

Have a profile page here with all of your info so people know what you have to offer. It also cuts down on the same questions over and over.

Step up your cuddle game! Anyone can get cuddles but it takes a real pro to keep them! Get your base clientele and you got it made. I treat my base clients extremely well.

Craigslist is a HUGE resource! You just need to know how to use it.

Look on Eventbrite for any free marketing seminars! They are awesome! I use them in my medical business as well as my cuddle business.

Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LINKEDIN! LinkedIn can be big if done correctly.

Be proud of what you do and talk to everyone about it!

I once put a cuddle session for auction at a bullroast. Someone paid $300 for an hour! I didn't see the money but the proceeds went to a great charity and I got a regular client.

I have cards and fliers at local restaurants and absolutely anywhere there is a public bulletin board.

I have a booth at my local "First Friday" which is a HUGE community party the first Friday of every month. Me and my grown, gorgeous daughters give free hugs and hand out coupons and free waters with my logo and contact info on it. Very successful. EVERYONE wants a hug from kids to grandmoms.

Who wouldn't want a hug from these lovlies! (I'm on the left, lol)

Million other opportunities!

• There are great recommendations

• I believe that @Scarlette would have a successful career as a marketing professional for any product or service. I could use what she wrote for my own contracting business.

• @Scarlette , what do you do with meetup?

• @calineur . Because I do own another company, my mind is ALWAYS in marketing mode. As you know, when you own your own business you never turn it off. I don't have an employer to write me a paycheck every Friday. If I don't get out there and market then work my tush off for my clients, Mama don't eat! LOL I actually find marketing to be fun. It's like a big creative project. My creativity in marketing is one of the things that sets my businesses apart from the others. Fantastic customer service and a great product are a couple other things.

Soooo.... If any of you out there are Safety Officers or work for a company that provides CPR/First Aid training please reach out. My company specializes in corporate training. All classes are certified through the American Heart Association and a completion card, good for 2 years, will be provided at the end of class. Training is available 7 days a week to fit your companies busy schedule. All classes meet state, federal and OSHA requirements. My classes are interactive, hands-on and fast paced. They also provide an excellent opportunity for team building activities.

Shameless marketing over...for now! Anyone that gets me a corporate contract will get a free 6 hours of cuddle time!

• [Deleted User]MoonlightSonata (deleted user)

@Scarlette Those are all excellent ideas. Thank you so much for sharing them.

I would like to promote on sites like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and so on however I am worried that the posts might get deleted or reported because people think of it in the wrong light.

How do you go about advertising cuddling in a way that fits the terms of service of these sites? If you have any advice on how to word an advertisement let me know. :)

• This is great advice. Curious if any experienced male cuddlers can chime in? How do you find platonic customers?

• edited December 2021

@Scarlette, what are “cuddle trips”?

• @Babichev this thread is mega old and Scarlette is long gone from this site... Cuddle trips would be planning a trip somewhere and seeing clients while there. You can get regulars and go back monthly or every other month. I used to do that. Now I am creating a lovely Airbnb space so people can come to me instead, and I will have overnight accommodations for those coming to me. 😊👍 Trips are much easier for clients, but I'm looking to stay home more.

• @ubergigglefritz - Ah, did not notice this was 3 years old! Sorry!

Thanks for the explanation about cuddle trips. I’ve been aware people do that but the term didn’t register. I envisioned organizing a group of people for an outing where cuddling would be involved, like a hayride or a trip to a nice park. :)

• @Babichev in another thread, I did bring up the possibility of having a weekend cuddle event here at my place (nature / outdoors here and <30 minutes to Charlottesville) once I get all the rooms completed, but people didn't seem interested.

• @ubergigglefritz i think you spoke too soon on the long gone because Scarlette is back 😁, or we could also say speak of the devil and he/she shall appear, lol

• @cuddleversed her account is paused though. Is she back with a new profile? Lol.

• That is correct @ubergigglefritz she made a new profile with a similar name, her old profile is still paused and I’m pretty sure I remember why

• Happy new year to all!
    How do we promote our page to certain platform just like eventbrite or something? Is there a link that we can share?
    Thank you in advance for answer

• @chloe88 go to your profile, and somewhere in your browser will be the page link. In your case it's

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/chloe88

Now go into Settings and check you are happy with the Privacy section. Profiles are visible to the public by default, but many people turn that off. If you are trying to advertise obviously you'll leave it visible. (Otherwise visitors would have to be logged in to CC to see you profile.)

• @MsBcuddles @ubergigglefritz

• I go to every cuddle party : cuddle event that I can
    • I joined meetup.com for FREE I attend free yoga , sound healing , reiki, meditation , tantra , poetry writing etc events and when they say “introduce yourself” I tell them “hi I’m xyz and I’m a pro cuddler” honey there’s almost NEVER another cuddler there so people talk to you after the event is over about it
    • At holidays vistaprint has a HUGE sale I order 10,000 business cards for like $99 and I put them in every yoga, herb, crystal, reiki , tantra , massage, Buddhist , art etc book I can find at book stores and the library