What do you think about Karma?

I was wondering what people think about leaving Karma.

Does it seem like a helpful thing?

Do you often leave karma for people you cuddle? Non-pros as well as professionals?

Do you dislike the very idea of evaluating people / being evaluated?

(Personally I think it's pretty fascinating reading people's feedback, like these comments on female professionals -- it tells you a lot about not only the person being reviewed, but what people notice and look for when they cuddle).

Comments

• edited March 2018

It shows me how involved someone is or has been in the community as well as feedback from cuddle partners. If I'm contacted by someone who has been on the site for several years and has no karma and no one on his friend list, that's not nearly as reassuring as someone who has ten people on his list and even three or four good karma ratings. I may not ever contact anyone on that person's friend list or whoever has given him karma, but if I recognize some names on those lists, that also gives me an indication one way or another.

Whatever the complaints may be about the current system, it's definitely better than nothing, which is what you have if you get clients from Craigslist, other advertising or even from your own website.

• @BlueIris is totally right!

It helps with a safety factor, something that you don't get if you advertise outside of here.

As for being rated it's totally fair. I'm providing a service and I hope to provide a five star service every time. If I don't then anyone should feel free to express what they didn't enjoy. I would just hope that they express it in the moment so I can make the adjustment right then and there!

• [Deleted User]MoonlightSonata (deleted user)

I've been on the site for about a week and I haven't really gotten any friends request although I have talked to a lot of nice people. I hope that I will be able to make some friends and talk to more people as I continue to use the site. :)

• I do think that the karma is an important thing. However, as important as I feel it is, I do respect my clients right to privacy. I will ask once for them to leave karma and then leave it at that. Some have declined because they want to keep a low presence for whatever reason that is for them. I myself am getting better at leaving Karma as well because it is important and I want the people I cuddled with to know that I enjoyed the session. It uncomfortable rating someone but I think it matters for everyone as a safety precaution for on the site.

• I just checked, no one in my area seems to have received karma. I suppose it's either not that important, or no one is getting any cuddles in my area.

• I have 12 5 Star karmas. Out of those 12, 5 of them have deleted their profiles and 3 deactivated. That means that out of my 12 karmas, only 4 members are active. It makes me feel like maybe karma doesn’t mean much after all.

• [Deleted User]GameStriker4481 (deleted user)

I personally think "Karma" is great. It helps give some reassurance that the people are legit. However, I think that the system should be renamed. The better word for Karma should be ratings.

• Some people give me karma some people don't. I don't mind if they don't, I'm not really fishing for compliments

• For me, as a "pro" cuddler (don't know that I feel I deserve such a distinction just yet!), it is incredibly helpful. Karma reviews from other pro cuddlers let me know that someone is safe. I have no desire to vet someone or infringe on their privacy by asking for photos or further investigating their credibility...the single, solitary qualifier that I value is the karma bestowed on them by other professionals. That means that the integrity of karma reviews is critical...and, I assume, intrinsic.

I am also learning that the forums are a key source of credibility and safety. I thank everyone willing to share their feedback here, for making this a better experience for us all.

Warmly,
    Helena

• I'm curious how other people decide to give karma. Do you let personal taste play a role or are you simply judging by how well they cuddle?

• @BlueIris thanks for pointing out that some who have been on for years but have no friends nor Karma to read about. There are many profiles that have nothing to read about and no pictures and they have been on for years. I understand the reasons for no pictures but an empty profile for years and still active is creepy to me.

In terms of Karma, I wouldn't rely too much on it. It's like providing references for job interviews. You are not going to provide anyone who might potentially give you a bad reference. And if you think anyone who might do that here, you can just block them first so they can't give you a Karma. For the ones who had bad Karma, they can just delete the account and start with a new user name. Once I have met a guy who offered me money because I told me I wasn't interested in cuddling him. He was explicit with his inappropriate offer. Before I decided to do anything, he blocked me first so I couldn't leave any Karma.