No shows

What do you do when people don't show up for their session? It's really irritating because I get ready and set up for a session and it's a complete waste of my time!?
Has this happened to anyone else? What do you do about it? I'd appreciate any suggestions!
Thanks

Comments

• Bummer! It happens. I always try to confirm several times before a sesh. I talk on here for all questions/ set up info. then I will ask for a contact number and let them know I will text to confirm the morning/day of, and I ask them to confirm again when they leave& when they arive,.or I text before I leave/arrive I feel like this set up has worked and most of my cuddle buddies people confirm, or at the very least let me know when they cant make it. :)

And, on the rare occassion that they don't, I would message them to see if everything is okay, and if they got cold feet no worries but next time to please let you know. Some also leave negative karma with their experience, but I usually wont unless it happened more than once. :)

Sorry you got flaked on! Luckily there are pleanty of cuddlers <3 have a blessed day

• Thanks Brandi,
    I typically don't give out my number and try to keep all communication on the website. Maybe I should exchange numbers after a session is confirmed!
    Thanks for your input ?

• @sa583 - I give out my number after an appointment is confirmed. That makes it easier to confirm, especially as I often meet in public just prior to the cuddle for a first time client. I will confirm that our in person meet is still on, and if I don't get a response, I don't go. You can get a Google Voice number if you don't want to give your cell number. I've never had a problem giving my cell or Google numbers.

For no shows, I require a $50 nonrefundable rebooking fee if I think it's worth giving them another chance. The rebooking fee would be paid in advance, and it would be in addition to the next session fee.

• What everyone needs to do is follow the client service agreement. It is there for a reason. If you are booking a session through cuddle comfort, you do not have to pay a deposit like @BlueIris says but you do have to follow the client service agreement. If you flake on a pro less than 12 hours before your session, you are required to pay her for half of that session. If you do not follow through with your agreement, you should be banned and therefore not have an opportunity to book any pro again. I get really tired of pros trying to make up their own rules. For all the clients out there that are reading this, the rules you have to follow are what’s the client service agreement. Thank you. As for all of you clients out there, if you flake, man up and pay the pro what you owe her per the CSA.

• edited March 2018

This is the agreement that should be followed, not a pros made up policy.

• edited March 2018

@mark just to clear things up. is that required to enforce that rule/ is it okay to offer a alternative fee?or no fee at all? Because I actually wasnt aware of that rule and have not enforced it at all. And do the pros have to pay a 15 percent for canceled appointment fees? The reasom I ask because I am a very understanding person, and I dont feel the need to charge if something came up, I understand situations arise, and don't feel my life is that hindered if they cant make it, so I usually just reschedule and things are good to go lol. Same thing with me if I had to cancel, Which hasnt been much but there has been a few times, my cuddlers have been very understanding and wonderful and carin as well, and just rescheduled them for a time that would work for both of us. So far nobody has asked me for a discount for a cancelation. maybe they didnt know, or didn't care to ask. but i Just wanna be sure it is okay that Im doing things that way. :)

• edited March 2018

It's not enforced at this time and yes you can offer alternative compensation that is of similar value.

The 15% is currently only applicable to actual sessions, not cancellations.

• Thanks a bunch! (:

• What if the Pro took the deposit, but we could not work out a time and location to meet. Should the Pro return the deposit?

• @Andrew_K the deposit should not be paid until the time and place (and all other details) have been firmly agreed and the session booked through the site.

If the professional has to cancel that time, then yes of course they should return the deposit. (In practice it's most likely that a new time would be agreed, the deposit would roll forward to cover the rescheduled session, the session would go ahead as planned and all would be well.)

If the deposit has been paid but the details can't be agreed, then yes the deposit should be returned.

• Thanks...That what I thought..