How did you come across this site?

edited April 2018 in General

For me it was around my birthday and I was feeling sorry for myself, sort of anxious and depressed like the makings of a mid life crisis. I had been divorced for a couple of years, and I wasn't even interested in a relationship at all. Apart from the occasional hook up or professional massage I had literally no connection on a physical level. And the massages weren't really what I needed though it helped, and the hook ups felt nice but was pretty empty with no real connection. I had hung out with a friend in my hometown a couple times who was a cuddler and co-owned the now defunct site Cuddlefix, so the platonic cuddling thing was already something I was familiar with. However even though I have nothing but love for the paid cuddlers it just isn't my thing, so I wanted to find other people who were like me and really just wanted to have some nice innocent platonic cuddling and attention and affection. I could do without the sex and relationships etc, but didn't feel I could do without touch. So I started googling , trying to see if there were any cuddle groups around Birmingham which there weren't . Also looked around CL and other sites and personals to no real avail. Stumbled upon some of the other cuddle sites but they were not very community minded, was only more so focused on setting appointments with paid cuddlers. And finally I ended up coming across this site. What set it apart from others was there were people who were paid cuddlers as well as ones who were not, so there is something for everyone which is great. And there is a community vibe and active forum, and the site itself is very user friendly. And I have been on here ever since.

Comments

• edited April 2018

I actually found some other cuddle site first. It just came up purely by accident in a Google search, I don't remember what I was searching for. Anyway, a few days later I wanted to go back to the other site but could not remember the URL, so I did another search. This time Cuddle Comfort came up in the results and I liked it much better than the other site. So I made sure I bookmarked it. I haven't been back to the other site since. Before I discovered these sites, I had no idea such a thing as organized cuddling existed.

• Google Search: “cuddle buddy app”. Thought I was going to find the tinder of cuddling. They had an actual IOS app like that but they shut down recently.

• I have a friend who has been a pro cuddler for a while and recommended it to me. So I checked it out, thought about it for a while, talked it over with some others, and decided to sign up. I've quite enjoyed learning and growing from the other cuddlers here!

• Hi Everyone! About a month ago, I matched with someone on a dating site. She’s a professional cuddler on another site (we wrote but didn't meet). Platonic cuddling interested me, so I googled it and found CuddleComfort. I like that this site has both “amateurs” and pros.

• [Deleted User]Cris033 (deleted user)

I saw all the pictures of people cuddling and all of that, i just began to feel worse because i realized im pretty touchstarved. i wondered if meybe theres any websites where i could see if anyone from my area feels the same, and stumbled upon this site (which im really happy for since i made a few internet friends).

• Ironically, I saw an ad that a pro posted in the Therapeutic section on Craigslist, that is now shut down.

• I was touch deprived for a very long time and thought I would be fine without it. One day I was touched by a young attractive male coworker. He held my hand stood behind me to show me how to correctly throw darts during Happy Hour. It felt so good to be touched. Since then I googled and found this site.

• @TampaDad and that is one reason the recent censorship is so frustrating. There are a lot of people who could really use the service, but simply won't know it exists :-(

• edited April 2018

Well... I am/was both not at a point in my life for other connections and commitment. I haven't really had/have no much interest for much more than friendship and platonic connection either at this points in my life. Having had a brief time cuddle experience with someone I knew in person and another platonic touch without the cuddles way before that, there came a time that I missed that. Also I might've been at a point in my life that I 'needed' the connection. I knew I wanted a non-committed platonic connection (meaning we can still see each other as much as we can/want, though we can also see others). I wondered a time about the idea, then searched a time. I don't remember the keywords I searched, maybe "cuddle buddies" and have come across Reddit/ posts. With all the link posts there it seemed lacking a sense of direction and certain features for me and I just didn't like the look of the site. So I continued the search and might have came across Pro Cuddling before finally somehow landing here. I'll add, I also LOVE that it's free for all to message and interact, I love this site's features and simplicity too, it's great! :)

• [Deleted User]MoonlightSonata (deleted user)

I actually came across this site on a list of 'unusual jobs'. I am already a freelancer. I have some limitations seeing as I have depression, social anxiety, PTSD, agoraphobia, and some other emotional, physical, and mental disabilities. A normal job never really works out for me. So I decided to try this site out along with another site called RentAFriend, Fiverr, Rover, and some other freelance sites. I do all of this stuff (and more) between doing my writing, art, music, film, and other creative projects. :)