Ben Shapiro & The Cuddling Community

[Deleted User]GameStriker4481 (deleted user)

I just came across Ben Shapiro and his video on Professional Cuddling. I personally like Ben Shapiro, but I also enjoy cuddling (and Professional Cuddling) as fun recreation. What are your thoughts on his comments?

Comments

• edited April 2018

He's incredibly uninformed and may be at least partly reacting to two women cuddling together. He sounds like he needs a cuddle.

• [Deleted User]MoonlightSonata (deleted user)
    edited April 2018

@GameStriker4481 I would have to disagree with his assement that cuddling is something weird or removed from reality.

His reaction was pretty funny though. It's always interesting to see the reactions of people outside of the cuddling community.

In my opinion, cuddling is just a platonic, friendly action done between people who know each other well.

Same can be said about snuggling, hugging, and so on.

If anything I believe the cuddling community is a great place to seek friendship, support, and comfort from other community members.

I've always found my interactions with other cuddlers to be really nice. The community is very warm and welcoming in general. :)

• edited April 2018

I have to say that i understand the reaction and feel there are many more people who would agree with him than who don't. Like @BlueIris said, he is uninformed. I don't get upset with those who are uninformed. I just try to inform them, and if that doesn't work, so be it, cant waste too much time and energy trying to get somebody to agree with you.

• [Deleted User]lilredmage (deleted user)

Meh. I've seen and heard worst comments about it. At the end of the day, you have to do what feels comfortable and works for you, regardless of the opinions of others, "famous" or not.

• [Deleted User]MichaelFJudd (deleted user)
    edited April 2018

I cringed when I saw Ben Shapiro's name in the title, and I could only make it about halfway through.

I know that this is the "poisioning-the-well" kind of an argument, but Ben Shapiro is the biggest snowflake in existence. He gets triggered by LGBT+ characters in TV shows, and was complaining about a pregnant lesbian in a movie. He also belongs to the ultra-sex-negative wing of conservatism.

No hate to anyone who likes him, but he's not my cup of tea.

EDIT: Just finished watching. Although I don't disagree with "I'm not sure Western Civilization can survive the onslaught of reality", I'm pretty sure cuddling will not be the catalyst for America's downfall.

• edited April 2018

I'm surprised to see such a clearly anti-cuddle piece of media shared here. Legit, that guy...and anyone who aligns with his beliefs...be needing a cuddle.

• @MichaelFJudd Thank you. I loved "cuddling will not be the catalyst for America's downfall." Seems silly to have to assert, but, LET'S. Also, your mane is amazing.

• [Deleted User]MichaelFJudd (deleted user)

@softandlovely Thank you! :) I love it too, haha :)

• [Deleted User]GameStriker4481 (deleted user)
    edited July 2018

@softandlovely I like Ben Shapiro, but I love cuddling as well. In other issues he does bring up some good points. I just think he's a little bit over the top here. What do you guys think?

• edited July 2018

I suppose you can say that this was intended to be a reaction rather than presented as a researched opinion. I suspect most people on the street would have a similar reaction of disbelief and mockery before taking a moment to go deeper.

Still, it's sad to see because regardless of your politics, you'd expect more from him.

• [Deleted User]galowglass (deleted user)

He's emotionally crippled if it makes him this angry. It is seriously biased.

• edited July 2018

He's married, so maybe he gets all the touching he needs from his wife. However, not everyone has a wife, husband, girlfriend or boyfriend, but they still have touch needs. However, opinions on TV shows are slanted toward the expected views of the target audience. It's all about ratings. His personal opinions, on reflection, might be different.

• [Deleted User]galowglass (deleted user)

meethinks he doth protest too much. too vehemently. shrug

• edited July 2018

don't get your panties up in a bunch. haven't we learned from trump? bad publicity is always good publicity. i'm pretty sure cuddlist is enjoying a healthy dose of traffic right meow.

Edited your post. Please don't use that word again. [Mark]

• How can someone get so bent out of shape about spooning quielty and breathing in synch with someone you trust with safe boundaries? Dude needs a hug

• Ha ha... cuddling has to be the absolute last "issue" on anyone's list to waste any time on. It's as harmless as naming random ladybugs as a hobby, and if anyone takes some kind of stand on this and calls it an "issue" well then they are being extremely inefficient with their time and energy.