Random thoughts

1..2..3.. Go

Comments

• edited April 2018

Being a writer type person, I sometimes get random thoughts about what I would put in a book on cuddling -- not that I'll necessarily write one, but it's fun to think about.

Here are some notes for a chapter on general reflections about cuddling:

• love
    • friendship
    • connection (clicking with people)
    • trust (& violation of trust); feeling honoured
    • consent and empowerment
    • intimacy
    • affection; giving and receiving
    • vulnerability (clothed nakedness)
    • comfort / nurturing
    • healing / therapy
    • a safe place (+tears), security
    • (revisit childhood)
    • valued / treasured, accepted
    • (relaxing, restful, peaceful, contentment)
    • (bliss, "super hero", oxytocin & seratonin & dopamine)
    • knowing yourself
    • emotions might have been out of touch with
    • (pure / innocent)

So that shows a bit about how my mind works. :)

• edited April 2018

@respectful - Your chapter belongs in a book entitled "The Psychology of Human Touch". I think there would be more demand for a book called "Cuddling for Dummies".

• edited April 2018

@UKGuy Not if you saw what actually went into the chapter.

For context, some other notes on a potential cuddling book:

0) introduction

-- CuddleComfort.com
    -- meaning of platonic; separating affection from romance

1) why cuddle?

-- karma quotes & story quotes - what people get out of cuddling
    -- medical benefits / touch therapy
    -- connecting with others; oxytocin effects
    -- people who seek cuddles
    -- who this is not for

2) sign me up!

-- about Cuddle Comfort
    -- enthusiasts and professionals
    -- profiles; age range; personal preferences
    -- contacting other cuddlers; screening
    -- realistic expectations
    -- enjoying the community

3) is it safe?

-- boundaries and the platonic nature of cuddling; consent
    -- arousal
    -- keeping safe; meeting in public; check in person
    -- attraction and relational boundaries; attachment

4) the art of cuddling

-- what makes a good cuddler
    -- types of touch
    -- positions

5) cuddle time!

-- getting started; your first cuddle
    -- cuddle parties; practicing consent
    -- where to cuddle; public cuddling
    -- environment; music
    -- clothing
    -- length of sessions
    -- changing positions

6) professional cuddling

-- becoming a professional
    -- from interviews: reasons people became professionals
    -- what it takes to be a professional: boundary skills; preparation; cuddling skills - not just being a warm body
    -- repeat: boundaries, screening
    -- isn't paying for affection
    -- authenticity, conversation and connection
    -- the business side: prices, cancellation / no show; prepayment; outcalls/travel; discounts, specials; hours cuddling per week + expected profit - can it be your main job?
    -- communication
    -- timing
    -- adding other activities
    -- feedback (karma)
    -- friendship and attachment
    -- male professionals

7) reflections on cuddling

8) what the world needs ...

-- introducing people to platonic cuddling; stigma; coming out
    -- misconceptions people can have
    -- stats

• @Morpheus Apologies if the above thoughts weren't random enough. :)

• @respectful That's a great idea! What you are describing sounds like it could easily become a curriculum and used as a training tool. I'd buy it for sure! You could establish your own certification program ;)

• [Deleted User]MoonlightSonata (deleted user)

Random thought: I'm still waiting for banana powered vehicles to be a thing. :L

• I'm wondering why so many men are visiting my profile. I clearly state I only cuddle women. One guy even sent me a message saying just "Hello". I see he has now been banned. Some strange things happening on this site.

• [Deleted User]SJSpooner (deleted user)
    edited April 2018

@UKGuy - Could just be that they (the men who are visiting your profile) are curious about who you are/how you describe yourself. You are a frequent contributor to the forum. I know I sometimes will peruse someone's profile after I see a comment they have left in the forums. Just out of curiosity. Not because I have any interest in cuddling with them.

In fact, I have struck up "pen friend" exchanges with several people on here after I reached out to compliment or comment on something they said on a forum thread. Doesn't have to mean anything strange is going on here!

• @UKGuy Sometimes it is purely by accident, especially if you are on a touchscreen device and quickly scrolling through, such as a phone

• @UKGuy - I agree that it is most likely either by accident, or purely curiosity after reading some of your comments amongst varying topics in the Forums. I also thought it might be a result of Craigslist removing the Personals Section, leading many to search out other sites - not sure if this would be a contributing factor to more visitors to your profile, but have noticed recently an influx of visitors to my page, most of whom have just joined the site.

• The reason I occasionally look at other men's profiles is when I am looking at the Karma of female cuddlers. I read what the guys said and then I sometimes visit their profile to see who they are. That would not be the reason that guys visit my profile though since not having cuddled with anyone I would not be mentioned in anyone's Karma.

• @UKGuy I also have women visit my profiles too. It happens often after I have posted comments on some of these topical discussions. Also people who are thousands of miles away. They are just curious about who you are hence visit your profile.

• [Deleted User]Spoonie (deleted user)

@angela10 I do that all the time. I see a post and I am curious about who it is.

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

Ooh, random thoughts. Why do grape skins always wrap themselves around the blades of my blender instead of letting themselves be properly chopped up? Is it Murphy's Law?

• [Deleted User]MoonlightSonata (deleted user)

@DarrenWalker That's because grapes defy the laws of physics. They're tricky like that!

• [Deleted User]lilredmage (deleted user)

Never understood the common saying of "enjoys long walks on the beach." Walking in the sand is tiring. I'd rather sit down, stare out at sea and listen to the waves.

• @lilredmage - I LOVE long walks on the beach. In fact in my younger days, I used to run along the beach - for miles. Walking along the beach you can collect seashells, sea glass, abalone, pebbles. It's not tiring if you walk along the strip that has been dampened by the ocean. My only problem is I now live 350 miles from the nearest beach, otherwise I'd be out there walking every week.

• [Deleted User]lilredmage (deleted user)

@UKGuy My younger sister loved to collect seashells and other things. Not me. I would just stand and watch. I'm not too far from the beach, so maybe that's why it seems so ordinary. lol I actually really enjoy walking, by itself though. And I never get tired of listening to the waves. Waterfalls are another favorite of mine.

• edited April 2018

lilredmage - We are in agreement on waterfalls. I love them too. Wherever I travel to, I research to see if there are any waterfalls nearby worth visiting. The best waterfall I've seen so far is Pistyll Rhaeadr in Wales:

The Krka waterfalls in Croatia are also spectacular: