Resources for Those in Need of Support

edited April 2018 in General

Hello Cuddle Comfort Community!

I was recently contacted by a member who said he was primarily interested by my profile's mention of my experience as a counselor.

It occurred to me that many of those reaching out in need of touch and healing may need resources and support beyond what a Pro Cuddler is able to offer—or may need help more urgently than the Pro can provide it. It also occurred to me that anyone can have a frightening experience in a session, where they expected to feel safe and nurtured—or that things may come up during sessions that they feel the need to address with someone at greater length.

I wanted to make sure that members of the community had resources to access in those cases—Pros, Clients, and Enthusiasts alike.

This is a pretty comprehensive listing of hotlines that address a wide range of issues.

I keep wishing that resources like the ones above were unnecessary, but am so very glad they exist. <3

Comments

• [Deleted User]MoonlightSonata (deleted user)
    edited April 2018

@softandlovely Thank you so much for sharing that list of resources. It's always great to let people know about the resources that are available to help.

Another great resource I have found is called 7Cups. This site here: https://www.7cups.com/

It is a site where people can seek help through chat rooms or private messages. They can contact people who donate their time to help other site members. It is a free resource. I have found that the people on the site are very nice and helpful. I definitely recommend it as a resource for people to talk through things. :)

• I'd never heard of that before! What a great site!!

Thanks for sharing that :)

@softandlovely I have found it to be a very helpful site. I am glad that I could pass it along. :)

• I'd like to chime in with having attempted to use 7Cups during a bad time in college, and was not successful in getting any responses, at least within the timeframe that I was on it... but it was a few years ago. Maybe I should check it out again, I've been feeling the need recently.

@CeliaC I personally went to the site chat rooms and forums. I found a lot of help through them. Once I had used the chat rooms and forums for a while, I contacted a one on one volunteer listener. I always choose the volunteers based on their rating and reviews. That's how you know they will respond and help. However sometimes you have to talk to a few volunteers before you find the right fit. Sometimes you can find them in the chat rooms and forums as well. :)