Have you experienced Reiki Energy healing mixed with Cuddling?

[Deleted User]choicesvital (deleted user)

Calling out cuddlers all around the world who are on this site. I would like to hear each of your input on this specialized unique POLL on Reiki n cuddling. Please feel free to add free flow comments that you may have around it over and beyond taking the poll sharing your thoughts or experiences!

1. Have you experienced a positive reiki energy session with or without cuddling?26 votes
    1. Yes, with Cuddling and liked it!
      26.92%
    2. Yes, with Cuddling but did not like it!
        0.00%
    3. No, Never
      26.92%
    4. Yes, but without cuddling and liked it!
      23.08%
    5. Yes, but without cuddling and did not like it!
        0.00%
    6. I don’t know what is Reiki Energy healing and Not Interested
      11.54%
    7. I would love to experience it with or without cuddling!
      11.54%

Comments

• me mum used to ... err, "help me" this way with headaches. I love the scientific method though, so I can't explain at all how or why, but that stuff works. (in my personal experience)

• Absolutely!
    Touch is healing and sacred! <3
    It's a very meditative experience...in a cuddle when you just let go and are in the moment, you enter in a blissful transcendental state, which of course can apply to almost everything and is readily available to us all in all moments. :) If you're vibing well together, a connective touch can really be transformative!

Cuddles Cheers Gratitude Love, Jen ✌

• I was once given a request to do a little research on performing reiki and so when I went to cuddle with the requester, he requested some time from our cuddling to have me perform a little bit of reiki for him. He absolutely LOVED it. He suggested to me to get some training on it and to this day, I still think of that.

• [Deleted User]RScarf1111 (deleted user)

I did Reiki for the cuddler, but I have not received energy healing from a cuddler.

• [Deleted User]GameStriker4481 (deleted user)

What is Reiki?

• [Deleted User]HallOfFreedom (deleted user)

I believe all of that is just nonsense. There is no mystic energy that can be sent from one person to another. Just a delusion

• edited June 2018

I do feel that energy healing, reiki, etc is very much power of suggestion and mental thought/frame of mind, much like with hypnosis, meditation, or prayer. Doesn't mean it doesn't impact the person though. Can have a very positive influence on the persons overall mental well being. So in that sense it can be very effective. On the other hand, I don't believe there is some kind of magical energy force at play.

• [Deleted User]choicesvital (deleted user)
    edited June 2018

@HallOfFreedom - haha, I was exactly like you in my thinking about Reiki or in general energy for a long long time but now at this point after few experiences I probably stand somewhere north of what @pmvines has to say. Being very logical oriented, it’s very tough for me but I am opening to observe more closely on this topic for sure there is nothing mystic about it but I am looking from a scientific angle. Einstein or some scientist said we all are a form of some sort of energy materialized!

I am also able to relate a bit what I hear being said by @ignis, @Jen201 , @stellarosass

@GameStriker4481 - if I don’t have to follow book definition, I would say Reiki is an experience that we all have experience in our life in some shape or form. For example couples holding hands palm to palm, finger to finger, they feel good about something holding each other’s hand. As a child when we get mildly hurt, first thing parent may have done is rub their hand or blow a soothing air to it or just a vibe of healing .. so on.. so forth.. even cuddling may do something similar if cuddlers connect well mutually..

ok now there may be lot of disagreement :) which is fine but if you read my previous comment you will get an idea. I respect everyone’s opinion !

• @GameStriker4481 I have seen a lady a few times for massage who also does reiki. She explained it to me as having to do with realigning chakras, and that she absorbs the bad energy like a sponge and gives good energy to the person. Like one hand is taking away while the other is giving. She said she would do it with me and it basically consisted on her standing over me, touching certain areas, deep breathing, etc. I didn't really notice anything or feel different after, just relaxed, but I attribute that part to the massage. I dunno, I have heard some people talk about touching people and giving off green flashes of light and all this other stuff that makes me think they have been spending too much time watching Harry Potter. But that's me, I try to just let folks believe what they choose to believe. I will say it is def a bit far fetched for me, but Im not hating on it.

• I wouldn’t go as far as calling it magical or anything that has the connotation of “Hollywood magic” — but a lot of involves opening up to it. When you go into a session with speculation, you are essentially doing a blocking of sorts. The mind is a very powerful thing, I learned this when I was a teen. I’ve done similar sessions where the ones who believed or were at least open to it felt a lot of positive changes come to their life after feeling like they were cursed and the ones who got it from me with still a sense of doubt didn’t see anything come out from it and thought the others were messing with her. What i do wasn’t reiki but something of a lesser extent... I informed her, my practice isn’t meant to be an instant cure all, but an energy cleanser to help you find an easier time to get things done. The way a girl explained to me, she said after I performed my practice, she felt like a weight got off her back. She was able to feel more able to take on her daily challenges. The other girl, her speculative best friend, didn’t really feel like it would work for her and nor did she try to fix her problems, the girl told me.

• I'm pleased to see people discussing the joy of Reiki. As a Reiki 2 practitioner, it's become a part of how I take care of myself, and my relationships with others. Energy work combined with physical touch can be a truly deep and powerful experience. I can't recommend enough that you give it a try should the opportunity present itself!

@Simmon - good to know! I also did 2nd degree out of curiosity while keeping an open mind!

@stellarosass - thanks for the insights!