Speed cuddle event

edited June 2018 in General

So I'm thinking of having a speed cuddle event at my home...setting up different cuddle stations with a designated cuddler at each station, and every ten minutes (20 minutes?) switching partners. I feel like it would be a nice event for cuddlers to meet other cuddlers, and great for taking the pressure off of newbies? I would like to hear your feedback if possible, on what you think? What rules or fun ideas I might want to do? Ten, fifteen, or twenty minutes a cuddle? If something like this could even work? Lol. Price wise, what to charge? Anywho...I appreciate any and all feedback. Warm hugs

• T

Comments

• Or "speed snuggling" =)

• I would assume the amount of time would be determined by how many people there are and how long the event lasts so I suppose 10 or 10 min could be doable but if a lot of people show and you only have a couple hrs could wind up only being several min

• True. Thanks @pmvines guess I'll have to determine as it gets closer...

• Just make sure that you have a relatively even amount. In my area I’m one of 2-3 women, but there are tons of guys here. It would be awkward if that’s the ratio at the event.

• @amhunt totally! Luckily, I'm currently in massage school with a good amount of women...who are rather interested in the world of cuddling. Natural healers for sure! And a few friends who are pro cuddlers in my area...but ya, you are right...I'll have to make sure to try to keep the balance for a good flow. Thanks!

• Wow i just posted a thread like this

• Oh snaps @Chocolatetreat I'll check it out! Thanks!

• edited June 2018

I actually like this idea much more than a cuddle party, because even though there will be many people there, the interaction will be one to one, which as an introvert suits me much more than a mass melée of bodies. Unfortunately, I am 1750 miles from Florida.

• @UKGuy I mean 1750 isnt that far lol ....you would totally be invited.....

• What a fascinating idea! What are you thinking of to cuddle on at each station? In my experience as "pro", but not on this site, ( I do have a cuddlebuddy also) some,both male & female,may be hesitant to go right to a reclined position. Don't know how you'd do this, but giving people a choice of sitting, slouching or reclined could help the reluctant ease into the concept.

• Thanks @cuddleaddict I love the idea of giving people options for sitting up, slouching, reclining! I have a king bed, a couch, two air mattresses and a big pillow and blanket pile lol plus I'm in the process of making a tufted floor matress and pillow set-up...I thought about having music at one station, t.v. at a station, a few other things cuddlers might like to try while cuddling lol. I have to brainstorm some more!

• [Deleted User]docnprofessor (deleted user)

Great idea

• Oh, my, lord. Out of context that whole last post of @TeddieB feels like the set up of my very own favorite... non platonic movie bits. So, thanks for the giggles.

• Lol! @ignis now you have me giggling! Haha.... And thanks @docnprofessor =) .

• Sounds like an interesting idea to introduce new people to cuddling or or to new cuddlers in the area, but at the same time, it kinds of goes against what I like the most about cuddling which is to relax in the company of a cuddling partner for a couple hours without having to watch the clock every few minutes. I think you'd have to make sure the sessions doesn't feel "interrupted" every time partners switch and instead feel more fluid.

• Hmmm point well made @cranefritz ...I'll think more on that..... Thanks for the input!

• How does putting person A and person B together for 10 or 20 minutes and telling them to cuddle take the pressure off anyone? Sure, approaching people can be awkward, but it’s really important that no one cuddles with anyone they don’t feel like cuddling with. Maybe you just have to make it clear that each pair of people should engage in whatever feels comfortable and natural, including nothing/just talking.

• [Deleted User]SJSpooner (deleted user)

Sounds too rushed to me. Doesn't seem conducive to relaxed and nurturing cuddles - in my opinion. Not something I would want to attend.

• [Deleted User]Michele3133 (deleted user)

I know with speed dating the woman would stay in one place and the men would rotate when the 10 min bell went off. I would suggest talking with the partner for 5 mins and if you both agree, stand and hug to keep this as a meet and greet. If they both feel they want to meet for cuddling for a full session they mark down on a sheet with the person's name a yes or no. Then you give the men the women's phone numbers that agreed they would like to meet. Does that sound too complicated? I know this isn't speed dating, but those types of organizations have done this for years and know what works. As an empath if I went to a function like this and had to cuddle with someone I wasn't feeling good energy from, that 10 mins could feel an hour and be very draining and uncomfortable.

• @SJSpooner you know, I definately agree it would be no where near as intimate as a one on one cuddle...but hey not everything is for everyone =). How long have you been cuddling for?

• @Michele3133 I LOVE IT!!!!!!

• This is a great idea to gather the enthusiasts together to at least break the ice. I see more Pros in my area than enthusiasts.

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)

I recently went to a speed-dating event and people didn't get to chose who they spoke with.

You were stuck with a person for 5 minutes.

I say make em cuddle for 10 minutes. If they can't hack it maybe it's not the event for them. :)

• It sounds like a great idea to me. It’s a bit of a drive, but I think it’s worth it. Thanks for considering the organization of it.

• I also think is a great idea and it shouldn’t be overthought , it is what it is, the name says it all, speed cuddle, cool! Let’s give it a try and see how it works

Agree with @mellow. I'll only be there in spirit (unless I discover a teleporter reaaaaal soon) but just get an even number of studs and babes and if they all show up, grand!

I'm sure not everyone will show up but hopefully enough to make the evening enjoyable.

GO FOR IT!
    (connect four)

• @chococuddles "(connect four)"

I've heard of triple cuddles, but is there a four-person cuddle position I'm not aware of?

edited June 2018

@respectful I'm a jingle nut.

It's from the Connect Four game commercial:

Go for it, Red!
    Go for it, Black!
    Go for it!
    Connect Four!

• @Tonyc @chococuddles @unclebuck @mellow @respectful Thanks for the support <3 Group hug! Lol