An Indie movie centered around cuddling

[Deleted User]choicesvital (deleted user)

If I pursue making an Indie movie on cuddling in a story telling style.. What would be in there that would make you not just watch it but share it with others? If you read this, you gotta say something - whatever comes to your mind :) .. All ideas, emotions, feelings, comments, thoughts, critics are welcome .. So don’t think twice just say it!

1. What do you think of the idea of making an Indie movie on cuddling?40 votes
    1. Good Idea
      70.00%
    2. Bad Idea
      10.00%
    3. No Idea :)
        7.50%
    4. Go Get a life! LOL
      12.50%

Comments

• [Deleted User]docnprofessor (deleted user)

Power of human touch

• There was a cuddling documentary in 2015 - I liked the interviews with professionals, but I didn't think it benefited too much from the sad stories (a place being shut down etc).

So I would keep it upbeat and positive (there are tons of positives about cuddling!). For example, even though cuddling can be very healing for people who are depressed etc. I wouldn't start your story showing how depressed someone is, even if they felt uplifted later.

I'm interested in how you are planning to approach it actually - you said "story telling style". What might that look like?

• [Deleted User]choicesvital (deleted user)

@docnprofessor , that’s one of my core ingredients for the story!

@respectful, I am thinking it be more of a full blown movie with a story, a message, an awareness to cuddling, something that will take cuddle world and probably site like this to a different level. In my mind it would be movie with love, emotions, and more. I am fluctuating with the genre may be a combination or Romantic Comedy lite hearted humor, plus a touch of sci-fi but that could just derail the focus n message so still baking things. I have over 100 pages of rough script written. My first ever attempt in a semi fictional genre with writing :) .. Enough said, I have paused it for sometime as I am not sure where to take it from there.. so got the wild idea of asking what all CUDDLE HEARTS have to say here :) ..

@respectful , great point on the uplift part, never fan of sad or dull stories

• Will Shah Rukh Khan and Rani Mukerji be the main characters?
    I’d watch it.

@calineur , sorry they won’t :) they won’t fit my budget plus it’s going to be a movie in English and I better have some new faces :)

• edited June 2018

I love the idea @choicesvital !!! But I love most of your ideas

@AlexBabyBoo23 , thank you :) ! That’s very kind of you to say!

• I wouldn't make a movie 'on cuddling', I also would not have any mention of cuddling in the title. That would be the kiss of death in my opinion. There should be some other story line but cuddling could be a major component in the story. I envisage one person who has been deprived of human touch being somehow introduced to cuddling and it transforming his or her life. The message, whatever that is going to be, should be left for the audience to deduce, it shouldn't be pushed too hard otherwise it will come over like preaching a religion.

• That could be really fun and uplifting. :) The need for affectionate touch is so universal.

@ukguy, well said and yes totally understand, it should build up in the story and won’t be something pushed too hard on folks.

@CloudNein , thanks :)

• [Deleted User]Spoonie (deleted user)

I think the storyline should be of a young woman posting for the first time on the site. The sheer number and variety of replies she gets would give you multiple story lines that could give the viewer insight into the good, the bad and the Ugly of cuddling.

Have your agent call my agent. ?

• [Deleted User]galowglass (deleted user)

follow the life of 4 cuddlers and there stepping into cuddling, with flashbacks of things they have overcome, or moved-beyond in their life through the process of cuddling and human touch.

@Spoonie , @galowglass - great inputs! Let them keep flowing :)

Scene closes on a sunset, over the ocean, on the west coast, scattered whispy bunches of thin clouds, here and there. Camera pans out and draws back, veering slightly off center and we see 2 people sitting on the cliff, one enveloping the other.

@galowglass - look at you bud! Love the imagination and inputs! :)

You need the story. We've got random thoughts and ideas, but at some point, an actual story would inform our suggestions. (Are we cloud-sourcing the next box-office-buster?) grin

@galowglass - Haha.. that’s the goal ;) .. lol

@choicesvital So, if we go "pro", can we charge you for our time? grin

• edited June 2018

@choicesvital "I am fluctuating with the genre may be a combination or Romantic Comedy ..."

A possible issue with a romantic theme is that the audience could miss the point; they've seen people in love cuddling. And it could also give an unintended message - that cuddling inevitably involves romance.

I guess there could be some one-sided romance in the middle, but by the end they get/accept the concept of it being platonic? (And realise a platonic relationship can be just as valid/rewarding?)

To go against society's normal view, maybe highlight some concepts such as:

-- cuddling can be a platonic activity

-- one person can cuddle multiple people without it making them "unfaithful"

-- paid cuddling involves genuine affection, not fakeness (and isn't a form of prostitution)

As well as messages like:

-- cuddling can be extremely therapeutic

-- it can benefit other relationships (even marriages)

-- it can increase people's confidence, general sense of well being etc

-- one pro mentioned the benefit of "getting used to being rejected in a safe environment": if a client told a pro "I love you" but the pro said "I don't feel the same way but I still accept you" etc.

And a random thought: I've always liked the idea of overcoming evil with good. Maybe a semi-villain could have their heart/life changed through being loved and accepted by a cuddler?

And some potential inspiration if you haven't read it.

@respectful, you rock! Thank you so much for taking the time to think it from various angles. I had that in my mind as well around genre.. Maybe this will be beginning of a new genre - Platonic or Friendship or Cuddle :) .. you know one reason I said sci-fi because I wanted to show cuddle in a different world. As I feel we have created a world of its own :) .. Just th8nking out loud

@galowglass , my budget is tight over here ;) don’t get ideas like that one, but hey I will look for volunteers who would be willing to share their Cuddle pics to be added as a scroll at the end showing how the cuddle world is growing.. how’s that for an idea so you gotta to be as one of the casts in the movie ;)

• [Deleted User]indiansfan4life (deleted user)

I would show the benefits of cuddling. I like the idea of a pro woman cuddler talking about the different kind of messages that she receives. Get people views whom have seen multiple different cuddlers men/women.

@indiansfan4life , thanks bud!

• When I lived in Los Angeles, our cuddle group watched a play about a professional cuddler. You could easily make a movie from it.

@Fredrick_Hugs , would love to hear more about that play.

• [Deleted User]Raeh_2017 (deleted user)

The story of someones healing journey through the power of touch

@Raeh_2017 , thank you! I love when anyone connects cuddles to power of touch and healing! I am a total believer of that!

• [Deleted User]sf2018 (deleted user)
    edited June 2018

movie on power of touch is good idea.

@sf2018 , thanks! I thought you wrote a lot of stuff but decided to remove it . I never got a chance to read it though.. sorry I missed what you had to say earlier.