Platonic touch book kickstarter

edited June 2018 in General

I am in no way affiliated with this kickstarter, just wanted to share and also hear other people's thoughts on having something like a platonic touch "manual". Do you think that more visibility could create more societal acceptance? Do you think a book could capture what we're all experiencing well enough to 'represent' you?

Removed link as it is considered advertising [reurbo]

Comments

• IMHO the cuddle community is too diverse for a manual. An anthology, a glossary, a poetry collection, but not a manual.

• The more platonic cuddling books the better! Everyone has a different perspective. I'm not sure how big the market would really be though.

(Some vague ideas for a book a little while ago).

• Not allowed to share Kickstarters on here? :-( It sounds like it's applicable to the community...

• What I found is not really a "manual" in my opinion. I think it would be great exposure for our community though. Unfortunately, I doubt it will get funded. The goal is incredibly high for a book, and there have been no updates or comments, despite over $1,000 funded so far. Creators need to show involvement with the project on the platform, and involvement of the backer community also makes for a more attractive project. Good idea, but it's just sort of sitting there...

• sounds something similar to the cuddle sutra book. nonetheless, i feel like more books similar to that concept and this one combined would work wonders.

• Not similar to the cuddle sutra at all. That's just a book of positions. This is a book that discusses the importance of platonic touch and how to incorporate it more into your relationships, etc.

• But agree the more books the better :-)

• Definitely I thought the goal was incredibly high as well. In the list of things they hoped to use the money for, one was to market it.

The main thing was the idea that there are definitely people looking for such an outlet (here, for example), and people attempting to bring some attention to the need for it, and making it clear that it's not a thinly veiled "hook up". I think with anything "new" (although there's clearly nothing new about nonsexual touch) people are skeptical, so I hope more things like this start popping up.