Mark - A confession!

[Deleted User]choicesvital (deleted user)

Few days back Someone on this forum put a post with just 2 words “Ohio Mike” -https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/3837/ohio-mike
WELL, This brings back my very initial days memory when I joined this site couple of years back and was a newbie. I have to confess that I thought my friend @OhioMike was probably founder or co-founder or hugely affiliated to this site some way :)! Because he had like over 300+ friends/followers with lots of Karma and what not :) ! BUT later as I started getting familiarized with this site, I found out that @Mark is the mastermind or one of the masterminds behind this website. What an amazing concept and a great job with dedication, it appears @Mark started this site way back in 2011! BUT Mark has only like 4 friends/followers! I wonder shouldn’t our cuddle comfort @Mark be having lots of friends/followers :) .. I mean look at Mark Zuckerberg - The Facebook guy, he has as of today over 112M+ friends/followers.

While no reason I should compare the two but for Cuddle world folks, I see cuddlecomfort as THE FACEBOOK! So may be, while Mark is busy growing the website and taking care of cuddlers safety, it’s time he build/grow his social profile further in parallel! Probably a way to promote this site to next level!

Oh boy I wonder if Mark is going to delete this post or what :). Hey it’s a compliment and a gesture of thanks for creating this wonderful cuddle world!

Comments

• Some people 'collect' friends. I don't know why. Personally, I never considered it necessary or meaningful, and I would never judge anyone by the number of 'friends' they have.

• [Deleted User]grumpcat (deleted user)

Is there even a point to the friends list?

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)

Fakebook sux.

Cuddle Comfort is the Grape Ape to my Beagley Beagley.

• [Deleted User]galowglass (deleted user)

Mark, You have my thanks!

• edited June 2018

@grumpcat One thing about the friend feature i like is that if i want to message the person i just have to go on my list and message them, i don't have to look for them on the forum, or scroll through all my recent messages to find them. It is especially useful when the person is not on the forum often, or at all for that matter. I personally have never sent a friend request to someone i don't have a genuine interest in knowing on a personal level, and always ask permission first. I also don't typically accept a friend request from someone i haven't gotten to know at all, as i think that is a little too impersonal.

• [Deleted User]choicesvital (deleted user)

@chococuddles , it’s been 4 years I have not logged into Facebook for the very reason ;) or I wonder after I started to use this site ;)

@pmvines , good call out on the feature usage! I do something similar via the favorite feature too! @UKGuy , I totally agree on the judging part!

• I try to only accept friend requests or send one once I've had a decent amount of conversation with them. It's basically a sign of confidence in the person.

• edited June 2018

@choicesvital Thanks for the kind words. I actually use the friends list for people I know personally but I appreciate your concern :)

@grumpcat It finally has its first functional purpose in that you can upload photos to your profile just for friends. But yes, other than that it doesn't enable any other functionality. I'm glad it can still be useful though as @pmvines mentioned.

@Mark, thanks for your responses :) !

• So..., What was being "confessed" here?

• I have exactly the same view as @pmvines on friend request subject. I don't accept friend request from anyone that I never had a private message/conversation with. Why would the person send a friend request without knowing me first?

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

@angela10 Personally, sometimes I just want to be online friends with someone based on the things they've said on the forums. Being friends means I can see when they were last online without trying to remember how their username is typed or tracking down their last forum post to get a link to their profile, which means I have a better idea of when we might get an especially good conversation... it's just handy.

I'm not sure what reasons other people might have, but those're mine.

@DarrenWalker , good call out on the feature and reason!
    Would it be fair for me to say, one other reason I want to be friends is just because each friend on this site I get, fills the emptiness for me because I do have to confess, I randomly keep chatting with all my friends if nothing to say hi. Given, lately I haven’t been socializing enough while watching on kiddo as she hasn’t been doing well at all, connecting unconditionally here with cuddle buddies and sharing thoughts just helps to fill that emptiness .. It’s like virtual unconditional socializing .. if that’s even a thing :-) !! That’s my unique way :)