Video chat requests

What is the deal with the sudden influx of video chat requests? Are any other ladies out there being messaged asking for video chat requests instead of cuddling or having the person say that he wants to video chat first before meeting up to cuddle? I am perfectly fine with talking via the telephone before a cuddling session or a quick meet and greet in a public place first. What's with the video chat requests?

Comments

• edited June 2018

Probably the requesters have had bait-and-switch experiences recently? I once met a pro on cuddlist who’s picture was at least several years old. Can anyone think of downsides to a quick 2-5 minute video chat, especially if considerable travel and/or deposit is involved?

• I would offer a phone chat instead; I think some of the other pros were mentioning recently that people were asking for video chats and expecting it to be "cam girl" ish.
    I haven't had anyone question the validity of my pictures in the many years I've been cuddling. I would think old or fake pictures would be rare, so that sounds like adding barriers due to nerves.
    Missy, did it feel off to you? Trust your gut, I say. Good luck!

• A lot of cat fishing going on sounds like somebody who wants to make sure they are talking to the person in the pics on the profile.

• Yes exactly @Chocolatetreat , there have been fake profiles on here, (ones by personal experience) and they simply just want to make sure they are chatting with that person. At least, that's what I would do. Hopefully it's not some fetish some people have. There are some people like that on here unfortunately. For me, It's either that to verify a quick 4 minutes or meeting in a public place first. I can understand the frustration on both sides. But yeah like @PinkLipstick22 , said, trust your gut :) Don't feel uncomfortable.

• I do not require a deposit before cuddling and I always make sure to keep updated pictures of me on my profile. I have past reviews on my profile with real people who have met and cuddled with me. It does feels off to me, especially when the first message to me is, "Hey, do you offer video chat?" or asking what my skype name is so that we can video chat to prove that I'm real. I understand that some people out there do catfishing but not me. I've been cuddling for 3 years and have never had this problem until now. I don't see any benefits of being a catfish and would never play games or waste anyone's time like that.

• I would prefer meeting in person at a coffee place if the other person is within driving distance. If it is more than a half an hour drive, I suggest a video call because that seems easier to me. The social profile information is also a way to ensure that other person is actually who they claim they are. Just gives a feeling of safety before an in person meeting.

• You can verify through pics , if you want evidence they are this person then ask for a pic while doing something specific, like holding a 5 dollar bill in one hand while giving peace sign with the other , or ask to write something on a piece of paper like I love cottage cheese and have them hold it up . I really don't feel the true professionals on here would lie to you , seems more something the transients from Craigslist and backpage would do

• I've done video chat for two minutes at most for folks who insisted on it. I would wave hi and give a brief intro before i had to go (literally had to due to going to my next session or errand). I would do it in a public setting or with people around me normally but i think with that they better understand that it's not a "camshow" opportunity.

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)

Who knows how old pix are unless they're dated. I've had a few surprises before. I used to suck it up but now I just bolt - if they lie to me I'm not giving them my choco arms.

I'd never request a video chat with someone before I met them but would oblige someone if they wanted to.

• Ah @Missy87 you're even more specific :) i would find it odd if camming was the first thing they asked you too. I suppose reviews and critiques do make a difference since it can be proof. The risk is low. Yeah true @pmvines m pros have a lower chance to be fake. Isn't there a way to verify you're real if you're a pro on here? or not?

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)

Oops. These threads are in the General forum so I never realize they're for Pros until...it's too late.

Most Pros do seem to have pix (still confused why a Pro would only have one pic up) but are they current? I'm looking for non-Pros anyways so I can't speak too loudly. But like a dating site (which this obviously is not. or...is it? ^_^ ) recent images are appreciated - but what's a reasonable timeframe for current pix? 3 months? 1 months? 0 monthz?

• You can gauge the age of my pics by the white of my beard and the fluff of my belly

• @Missy87 , you say a "sudden influx" of video chat requests. I'm curious: how many have you gotten?

My own policy is to neither request video nor to grant any video requests that I might receive.

The funny thing is I've had more than one pro tell me that they insist on video calls with potential clients. I've never liked the concept. I like to limit the number of apps on my laptop and phone that have access to the camera. I also feel that asking for video when you already have pics unnecessarily shouts mistrust. No one, client or pro, likes being met with excessive skepticism or being made to jump through too many hoops. But the consensus on pros asking for video in other threads has been "whatever she needs to feel safe and comfortable should be fine with the client." This could be a simple case of role reversal, in which case "what's good for the goose is good for the gander."

Be careful of people potentially collecting pics and video for nefarious purposes. I occasionally do an image search on my own photos. I recently found out that one of my pics, which I posted only one place online (and also sent to a few cuddlers) now appears on an adult-themed website. Did someone lift it from the one obscure site on which it legitimately appears? Or did someone here do me a bad turn? I have no way of knowing, but I'm now even less quick to pass out photos than I used to be. Similarly, if there have been an "influx" of video requests to women here, it could be someone looking to harvest video to create fake profiles on some "hot suburban moms" type site. You never know.

When in doubt, pass.

• @ quietman775 I received 7. It's kind of funny(but not really) that you mention about being careful of people potentially using it for nefarious purposes. That is precisely what I worry about because
    like you, I've had that happen before where my pictures ended up on adult-oriented websites. It made me mad. I have heard of those scammers using pictures and videos of unsuspecting women, posing as them to con lonely men out of money via the internet with those "hot local women" or "lonely local ladies" garbage websites.

• @Missy87 You mean to tell me that the hot local women and lonely local ladies aren't real? Nooooooo!!!!

• @quietman775 I think we kinda talked about this before but I think they should ask for video calls if that's what it takes to make them feel safe. And you should deny them if that's what makes you feel safe. Both of you are perfectly justified doing so. If that means you never go past that point then that's just how it is.

• I have had several pros request either a meeting in public or a video chat prior to the first meeting. As a client I don't have any problem with either - If it makes either party feel more comfortable or safe then so be it. I think its a good screening tool for both the pro and the client.

• i dont see a problem with video chat. You can learn a lot about a persons demeanour and social skills from a video chat, with the obvious benefit of not wasting time travelling to them for a public meet. I would say, keep it to 5 minutes so it does not take too much of your time. After all, you do not want to end up being an unpaid cam girl.