Hide our own profiles?

I think it should be an option to hide our profiles from showing up to other users and but allow people who have already messaged us or our friends to see us online. I like coming here to look at the forum posts, but I am already overwhelmed with many “buddies” in real life who I’ve met in here. I have a few people I want to continue emailing on here, since I don’t feel comfortable giving real time communication contact info like Kik or my phone number. But I wish there was a way I could stop new people from seeing me and then maybe I could turn that off when/If I feel less overwhelmed.

Anybody else feel similar?

Comments

• edited June 2018

You can de Activate . Then re- activate when you want .

If you look at the home pages it says ...

“LOOK ! Simple, want to meet a cuddle buddie ? Sign up , create a profile , search through the other profiles , message them , they know without explaining ! “

That is the community created by the creators , not perfect world for everyone , it is what it is .

• But then I wouldn’t have access to the emails through the site and I’d have to deactivate every time.

I’m not trying to critique the site. It’s just a concept I thought about and wondered if anyone else would think that was a good idea.

• This was brought up on another thread. I definitely think there is value to being able to turn off your profile showing up in searches when you don't want any new inquiries or messages...

• Could there be automatic reply set up that says presently member is not interested in new contacts

• I would rather an auto reply the member writes themself...

• I currently have something along the lines of 'not currently available for cuddles' in my About Me section, people seem to be respecting that, might something similar help?

• if all else fails, delete your pics. the people you've messaged already know what you look like. newcomers don't message as much those who have no pics

• I message people that don't have pics, so long as they've actually bothered to fill out their profile. But to the OP, I think if you simply put a slightly edited version of your post into your profile I think most would leave you alone. Nobody likes to feel ignored and rejected so why message someone that you know is going to do just that.