Best way to go about messaging someone. In other words: How the do I talk to women?

edited September 2015 in General
I'll be honest, I have no IDEA how to start a conversation with a woman, especially on an electronic platform.

I'm under the impression that if a woman isn't interested she sees you as a creep. And I'm probably waaaaaaaaaaaay off base and I realize that, but its something that stops me from starting a conversation with a woman. I don't want to randomly walk up to a woman and engage her in conversation and make her uncomfortable and then have things get really awkward. Even with some sort of catalyst I have trouble trying to keep conversation up and am absolutely terrified of making any sort of advancements as to not make it weird and what evs. Now when it comes to the online bit it gets even worse because to me its basically the same as walking up to a random cute girl in public and trying to start a conversation and that terrifies me. 

I do have female friends and can talk to them very easily so its not like I'm scared of women. I just find it really hard to talk to someone who I have no ties with and am afraid of making a bad first impression. I really just need some sort of base to work off of and not potentially come off as some perv or what evs. 

TL;DR: I have issues starting conversations. Any and all insights are appreciated ^_^

Comments

• Your female friends are your best source. Just start an honest conversation with them & i'm sure they'd be glad to help. 
  • First off you've got to remember that everyone on here is wants to be talked to. It's more like walking up to a random stranger at a speed dating booth. Read their profile, look at their picture, and say something snide that applies to both you and them.
    And more importantly so what if they think you're a creep? You're not. The only reasons your are a creep is that you're a guy, big, and ya drink mt dew!
  • [Deleted User]caspia (deleted user)
    Just say "Hi...I'm .....!  It's easier than you think. Just remember she is probably just as nervous as you are. Good luck!