Providing toiletry items for clients

I have hopes of being a professional cuddler someday, and I had a question I wanted to run by this community. :)

My idea is to provide my clients with a bag of simple toiletries for their use while at my studio. This bag would include some travel sized items. A brush and comb (for me to use on them, if they like), some wet wipes, some gum, a toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant and maybe a couple of other things. I'd write their name on the bag and it would stay with me for their next visit (or if they're on the fence about returning, they can always take it with them. If they end up returning and want another, I may or may not charge a small fee for it, I haven't decided yet.)

My question is, do you think people might take offense to this? I don't want anyone to think I'm telling them they stink or have bad breath. I just know that sometimes people live busy lives and they might have had a full day of running around, so they might not have time to prepare for our appointment. (I've definitely been in similar situations, which is why I carry things like wet wipes and floss with me).

@lucasguy and I were talking about it earlier, and he agreed that he could see how someone might take offense. He suggested that I simply make these items openly available rather then just giving them to my clients right away.

What do you all think? And if you agree with Lucas, how do you think I should go about informing clients that these items are available to them?

1. Would you take offense?18 votes
    1. Yes!
        0.00%
    2. No, not at all!
      100.00%

Comments

• [Deleted User]galowglass (deleted user)
    edited August 2018

I see a lot of Profiles, that specifically state to arrive, clean, smeeling fresh, with clean teeth.
    If I showed-up being stinky or dirty, I would expect to be told to leave.

To be given the option, or even the suggestion that I clean-up, to make the meeting go better, would be really nice.
    It would suck that it took from the overall time, but it would be a gift, to not need to cancel. Also, it would motivate me to be better-prepared (clean), in the future. To have these things available would be great and not an offence.

To be given these items without reason, wouldn't really offend but it would be very unexpected. Also, it would feel unexpected that a person would be willing to hold-on to those things.

Hope this makes sense. Peace

• Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts @galowglass and yes, you made sense. :) Only, when you said "it would feel unexpected that a person would be willing to hold-on to those things," do you mean that you're surprised that I would physically store the bags at my facility? I just figured that would be a good option for repeat clients, so they don't have to worry about bringing their bags with them. But I'd leave it up to the client to decide if they want to take it with them or not.

• edited August 2018

It sounds like a kind thing to do; I don't think many people would be offended.

Maybe don't go quite so far as writing their name on the bag, since not everyone may want to have one, but it's a nice gesture for it to be available to people who might need it.

• [Deleted User]galowglass (deleted user)

It just feels overly accomodating, to be willing to keep track of someone's toiletries. I imagine you could end-up-with quite an assortment and I would never presume, even if invited, to leave my stuff at someone's place. Just me. Thx

• I have an assortment of non girl smelling toiletries for clients to help themselves to. Included in the basket is spray on deodorant, new toothbrushes and toothpaste, unscented lotion, new, disposable razors and shaving cream, mouthwash and baby wipes. I make it known to clients that may be coming from work at an outside job that they are welcome to use the shower and I insist upon a change of clothes as I usually hold sessions in my bed and don't want people climbing in wearing dirty clothes. I also have added to my profile that it's necessary to be showered and teeth brushed day of appt. I've only had 1 client who was offensive but I will absolutely NOT see him again as his breath was so bad I couldn't wait until the session was over! I always mention it to a new client as well and kind of make a joke out of it as not to offend anyone. Hope that helps!

• Perhaps another option could be added to the question?
    While I would not take offense, I also would not accept the offer.
    When using any type of toiletries, I only use my own that I obtain from specific sources. Most of them are hand made in my home. That includes deoderant, soap, shampoo, etc.
    When I stay at a hotel, the toiletries stay as I found them, because I use my own.
    But I do make sure that I am presentable before a session. (:

• I wasn’t going to host but decided I will try it during the day. I always keep baby wipes in my spare bathroom in the sink anyhow and I am going to have new toothbrushes and tiny tubes of toothpaste, and a spray deodorant on the back of the toilet and in my cuddle room I have a bowl with Mentos, those chocolates with the green mint in the center I can’t think of the name. Menthe? I was also thinking of Life Savers. I think I might put a spray deodorant on the toilet lid as well. I don’t know if they do it around you guys but my girlfriend does extreme couponing and I buy huge packs of wipes for 1.25$. I also buy small tubes of toothpaste 2/1$ and Colgate toothbrushes 3/1$.