Is there a shortage of pro cuddlers?

Maybe it's me. I live in the Boston area and it seems like there is a shortage of pro cuddlers in the Boston area. A while ago it seemed like there where several active cuddlers know it's down to just a few. What happen?

Comments

• edited August 2018

If there is low supply maybe there is low demand.
    Low supply on the west coast as well.
    Where there is more supply on this end is in the big congested city. (read: where I don’t go for those reasons).
    Either that or a drive so far it takes longer to get there and return than a long session would be.
    {sigh}. I could use a cuddle right now.

• @SnugglewithSam Many other pros near you?

• Professional cuddling really only took off ~5 years ago. Many people still don’t know about it, or think it has non-platonic connotations.

I think both professionals and clients are trending upwards. Not sure if it’s in equal measure, though. And, unfortunately but understandably, a lot of women quit if they get a ‘bad’ customer. (Both flaking on appointments as well as unwanted advances/boundary and consent trespassing.)

• Funny thing is there is another thread right now about how pros vastly outnumber enthusiasts ... I guess it's all in how you look at it. :-)

Boston metro has lost a few great local pros in recent months like Tiffaknee and HealingHugs. Another couple have gone on hiatus. And some of the new pros who signed on either never signed back in, or deleted their accounts shortly after they arrived.

Still, I count twelve pros within 50 miles of Boston who have logged on within the last month. One of them who is quite active is in your hometown. I have met and cuddled with eight of the twelve, and cuddled more than once with six of them.

An interesting (and wrong!) thing happens when you narrow the search range to 20 miles from Boston. The count drops from 12 to 4. For some unknown reason, the 20-mile search radius excludes pros in Cambridge, Chelsea, and Revere --- all of which are much less than 20 miles from Boston. The Boston Public Library is only 11.1 miles from the Dedham line, but the Dedham pro is also excluded in a 20-mile search. So make sure you set you search parameters wide enough; you may discover some new pros unexpectedly close to home.

• Definitely not low demand in Boston :) I'm finding that many in most areas are moving away from platforms out of frustration of SESTA/FOSTA affecting who comes on. I've noticed most platforms have had sex workers disguised as professional Cuddlers seeping into various cuddle spots, not just here (this has always been a problem; I left the first agency I worked under for this reason). Many are struggling to market themselves too.

The other portion is just that no one platform has been able to sustain my work (save for maybe when I was visiting in Philly a good portion of my work came from here), and those getting started may not realize that and give up here and go somewhere else.

Overall, what I've been seeing across the board is that there's about a 6 month period when a cuddler starts where it's unknown if they'll continue. At some point in those 6 months many drop off (I'll have @respectful see if he can dig up real data for here, as my data is based off of talking to two agencies and general speculation over a 3-year period).

I'm currently traveling (and have been since I joined this site), but I'm looking to connect local pro cuddlers together IRL so we can have more cohesive and serving practices for our clients. It's good for everyone involved.

• There's quite a few here in Dallas! :) @respectful328

@AndiCuddles Yeah totally this still a fairly new service but it's getting there ;) and yeah if they get a bad experience they sometimes quit which i can understand ;/

• People's circumstances change. They lose interest, move, get engaged, married or find a permanent partner or just find other things to do with their time. I'm sure there are many other reasons.

• I agree with @UKGuy
    I wish there was a thumbs up thumbs down system here haha

• Newbie question here, what is the difference between a pro and non-pro cuddler?

• @mbrussell pros get paid for cuddling, and enthusiasts do not. Pros charge an hourly rate and give a percentage of the fee to this site, which is how CC is funded. You can distinguish pros from enthusiasts by the fact that the former have a pink P displayed in the corner of their profile pic.

• @Quietman775 without a doubt you are one of the most knowledgeable and respected cuddlers in the Boston area and around when you travel. Yes the cuddler in my home city is one of the best cuddlers anywhere! And I have seen her for many years. And you are so right we lost Tiffany and her friend Sophie and healing hugs. And yes there are a few good cuddles around. And my search was 100 miles and I use the word few maybe 8 in the area a few I wonder if they are really or not? Sometimes you like a new cuddler for a change. The point is like you said we lost some good ones and I don't see any new cuddlers. For a industry that is supposed to be growing I don't see it. Snuggle buddies is closed. Cuddlist is basically closed. I feel there is a shortage of real pro cuddlers.

• edited August 2018

@SnuggleWithSam It's a bit tricky to get data about when accounts got deleted etc. (I did it before by comparing users one month apart).

@mrbrussel Pro is short for professional, meaning a paid cuddler. See the question "Is it free?" in the new FAQ.

• edited August 2018

Women are scared. Many people misconstrue them for call girls.

• Sorry to he abrasive.

• I don't believe woman are scared. Pro cuddlers are pretty smart with boundaries of someone is not respectful they end the session

• @SnugglewithSam I recently passed the six month mark. Hopefully that means I am here to stay O:-)

• As long as I know what and who I am and how I represent myself, anyone that would believe I was a call girl is their problem, not mine.

• Kitten is totally available to anyone within like 3 hours away in California. LA county shouldn't be this dry.

• LA has cuddle sanctuary. No one should be without cuddles there. I wish I were close to them...

• [Deleted User]Evan98 (deleted user)

I’m a pro cuddler from Southie! Though I have not met anyone else who is.

• For me there seems to be a shortage of clients lol

• @UKGuy or realize it wasn’t what they expected. When you start you do have to ease yourself into it and do an hour or two at most to start until you realize it is what you want to do an what you expected. Even if you are a cuddler this still may not be for you. I was blessed to have an amazing first cuddle that is probably the ultimate first client for new cuddlers. The clients either make or break your experience and you learn to watch their messages, read and reread them and if you don’t feel comfortable or don’t get that fuzzy gut feeling then you probably should listen to your gut.