Do pro cuddlers cancel instead of reject to keep their job?

[Deleted User]TripleC (deleted user)

I recently scheduled a session with a cuddler. On the day of when the session would have been, she contacted me only two hours before and said that she had an “emergency” even though she confirmed with me earlier that day. I’m wondering if some professional cuddlers agree to meet and then cancel later in order to not be in violation of rejecting customers for whatever reason such as an age gap. I’m no spring chicken, but I’m not a senior citizen. The cuddler was in her early 20s. I don’t want to give an exact age because I don’t want her to be identified and I don’t want to reveal the city, but I just feel that this is a possibility because it seems unlikely that an “emergency” would happen shortly before the scheduled session.

Comments

• [Deleted User]galowglass (deleted user)

Why would they pass on getting paid for their platonic time?

You wouldn't get a pro to admit to such a thing, so why ask people to guess if it happens?

"emergencies" happen when they happen. They aren't any more likely, or less likely to happen, at a given time that inconveniences you.

• [Deleted User]TripleC (deleted user)

I think that some people have an age preference whether they do this professionally or not.

• @TripleC
    I think that you may be right.

However, I have been fortunate to find a number of wonderful professionals that have not had an issue with it.
    Some even prefer it, if you can believe that.

@calineur
    Maybe some prefer older customers because of maturity or they may have more money to spend.

• edited August 2018

I’m wondering if some professional cuddlers agree to meet and then cancel later in order to not be in violation of rejecting customers

This would seem highly unlikely. Rejecting prospective clients do not bring attention to the Pro but late cancellations do.

@Mark
    My point is that pros are not allowed to reject prospective clients based on age, race, etc., so to avoid being in violation of that, a pro can just agree to meet with the client and then cancel at the last minute by claiming there is an "emergency."

Also, I am not bringing any attention to the pro even though there was a late cancellation. I have not stated who she is, what her exact age is, or where she lives. I cannot rate her karma because I had no cuddle experience with her.

• edited August 2018

I understand your theory and I'm not saying it wasn't the case. I just don't think it makes sense for a Pro to do that.

Pros do not have to give a reason for rejecting clients. We also don't go around asking Pros why they rejected this person or the next because we support the Pros being selective for safety reasons.

Cancelling however can bring attention to a Pro so that would be an unnecessarily risky game to play.

• If a pro does not want to see you she is more likely to ignore your initial pm than to reply and schedule a session. I've met a few pros who do not want to see a black guy so they will straight up ignore the messages while replying and booking with others. I understand why they would do that as replying and saying I don't cuddle black people would make them seem racist and cancelling would make them seem like a flake.

• I agree that the reasoning is unlikely to be because they were trying to avoid seeming discriminatory, but a late cancellation can certainly warrant a bad karma (though this has risks of retaliation until the karma system gets fixed to prevent that). I know there are no shortage of "pros" on here who are either non-responsive, not available, or simply unreliable =(

• @TripleC I’m one who prefers an older clientele. Why? Because they’re more mature. They’re less likely to push boundaries and have more respect. I’m not saying ALL younger cuddle enthusiasts are bad, don’t get me wrong. I’m biased because the one terrible experience I had was with a young man and it left me with issues. I’m not completely opposed to snuggling people under 35, but I do ask a LOT more questions!