When not to report and how to report more effectively

2»

Comments

• Okay, I thought this was covered but now I don't see it -

Question: if someone is not identified as a pro but then has a price listed on their profile (implying that they are a pro) is that a violation of the TOS?

• edited February 2019

Yes, it definitely is.

• The most common thing I'm coming across is women who think this is a dating site. Their profile usually lists a lot of their personal interests and then describes the man they are looking for. Usually, I don't report them because who knows maybe they want cuddles from strangers too. A few of the more egrerious examples, I have reported though.

• I’m not sure what is going on but the last week or so, I’ve gotten a few ridiculous messages. Everything from a “rape joke” (I reported) to implying they knew me as a paid hooker!!! WTH is going on? It’s creeping me out!

• @Mark - "Yes, it definitely is."

Okay. Well, I think I may have run across someone doing that. I was looking in another city for a friend of mine who lives there and ran across someone not identified as a pro who appears to be posting rates.

I feel like such a bitch for reporting people but I think the terms and the spirit of this site are pretty obvious and they are not abiding by them.

• [Deleted User]SoulcuddlerZ (deleted user)

Fear not @Babichev
    This user has already been actioned.

• @Babichev The site might be seen as a gift from a rich guy named Mark, but I think more accurately, Mark is able to support the site from the revenue sharing/fees from the registered professional cuddlers. You should not feel badly about reporting violators any more than you’d feel badly about reporting someone stealing someone’s wallet or purse.

• I'm feeling less and less uncomfortable about reporting. In going through old messages, I've noticed several guys who have been banned and I was not the one who reported them but I did find them a bit too aggressive for my taste and moved on. Apparently someone else must have felt the same way.

It seems like it shouldn't be this difficult. The terms of service are pretty clear.

• @Babichev Again a parallel to dating sites, I find that men do not read or comprehend profiles, or they don’t believe them. I find I’m asked questions that were answered in my profile and I find that a guy will lead with something absolutely contrary to what I asked for in my profile. In general, women on the other hand are much more likely to heed what they read. If a profile said “nobody with a criminal history,” the woman who paid her last parking ticket three days late would likely not respond.

• Question for the group:

Someone new sent me a message saying that they're someone I'd been corresponding with before they were banned. This raises lots of questions for me. I wasn't involved at all in reporting this person, if they are who they say they are. We've never met, and I have no way of knowing why they were banned except to ask them. The fact that they were banned is causing me to question the person's motives because I'm very familiar with the TOS and code of conduct and the probable reasons why they might have been banned. If you were in my situation, would you respond to this message?

I'm also concerned for another reason. I recently reported someone else who also ended up being banned. If the person who messaged me can easily and painlessly create a new profile and feel free to message people saying they're someone who you know was banned, how is that any form of punishment?

• @Biblioromantic I wonder the same thing myself! I know for a fact that there are people on here who have been banned previously and just went and created a new account, it's a bit unnerving and frustrating. And as far as the person who was banned that you had been talking to, that's a judgement call. More than likely, don't even bother with them (from firsthand experience). If, however, you feel the need to hear their side of the story, take it with a grain of salt. I will say, I have had experiences with a client that was completely different from another pro's. Where one pro may have been offended by what a client said or did, I may not have taken it the same way, or the client may not have said/done the same things to me (if that makes sense). Above all, trust your intuition; your safety is the top priority!!!

• @inparadise Thank you for your response.

Anyone else want to chime in with their opinion or experience in this situation?

• @Biblioromantic i think curiosity would get the best of me. But i do find it interesting when people are banned that I’ve spoken too. I’d likely never try to meet them but I’d like to know what they were up to in the first place. I recently spoke with someone who we had a very good dialogue going, and everything seemed fine and then they were suspended temporarily. I am looking forward to finding out why when ever she is allowed back, i don’t know how long people are suspended for.

This discussion has been locked.