What's a good message to start with?

[Deleted User]Bigguy4u (deleted user)

I usually say hi and something reffering to their profile.

Comments

• If all they say is “Hi.” To me it says there won’t be much effort into anything.

• [Deleted User]simontudley (deleted user)

Say what you like about their profile that made you want to message them, then say what you’re looking for, followed by saying you’d like to hear back from them in a non-desperate sounding way.

• Whattup yo

• edited October 2018

I've tried all kinds of messages, short and to the point, long and rambling, mentioning things in their profile or aspects of their photos, told them about myself, asked questions, all very sincere and heartfelt. I've even tried sending poems. Have had no response to anything. At this point, I do feel it's a waste of time in composing a long initial message or putting too much thought into it, since the chance of a response is virtually zero. I wish I could be more positive, but that's my experience. Maybe you'll be luckier.

• Ukguy are you messaging pros or non pros? I can't imagine that not even one pro messaging you back. This is a business for them and unless they are all so overwhelmed with messages it makes no sense for them to turn down business. As far as so non pros forget it. I don't even waste my time with them. Winning a jackpot lottery is more likely than ever cuddling with one of them.

• @snugbuddy It's not as bad as all that, LOL. But it is tough going. I've been cuddling a few years, and have met 7 non-pros in total. and I've never won the lottery. ;-) Should be meeting my eighth non-pro this week.

But @UKGuy has a point. Despite the numerous threads containing reams of advice on how to structure an effective first message, the fact is that the vast majority of enthusiast women a man contacts will loudly ignore him, no matter what he does or doesn't say. That's not a complaint; it's just a fact. The idea that results will substantially improve if you can just learn to write better messages is a false hope, IMHO. It's like telemarketing --- purely a numbers game. Contributing something positive to the forums and having some excellent karma from pros can both help, in my experience. Good luck, OP.

• "Hey, you seem chill and a direct person. How are you?"

I just read your profile. lol. :)

• Someone's profile said they liked poetry, so I sent them a poem. They blocked me.

• [Deleted User]snughugs (deleted user)
    edited October 2018

Maybe poetry classes would help? XD

I have very few responses back from the messages I send out. It doesn't help that most of the people in my area haven't logged in for literal years.

• good grief @ukguy, you have all kinds of issues getting blocked don't u?! LOL Ya know I love ya!!

• I’m new here and have met 3 times for cuddling, and 2 that have been postponed. All non-pro. They have all been around my age/cultural background and provided what I requested regarding photos and security. Others wouldn’t provide pictures so I moved on. Others seemed poor, which I feel less comfortable with because it’s more likely there could be untreated skin conditions, or less clean overall, not to mention desperate.

If you can tastefully say you’re not poor, by saying “I’ve worked professionally for over 10 years”. That will help the girl feel more comfortable/safe. Ukguy mentioned hobbies and daughters - both great things!

I also have had requests from people far away, I’m not interested in traveling far to cuddle with as many local requests I get.

People do feel more comfortable with people like them. So if there are people of your same age/race/lifestyle start there.

Good luck! Happy cuddling!

• [Deleted User]lilchat (deleted user)

@softlyembrace discriminating against people due to income level is disgustingly elitist and classist of you, full stop.

• [Deleted User]snughugs (deleted user)

Oh wow, what on Earth? Are you serious? I'm sorry, did you just fall out of your time machine - I'm not quite sure how a Victorian is using the internet? It's 2018 and you still equate poor with unclean and desperate?

'Highly requested' - yeah, no joke, you're a woman on a cuddle website. It sure isn't that glistening personality of yours that's drawing people in.

(Side note - I'm 'poor' and I have a master's degree, my hygiene is impeccable and I'm surrounded by plenty of lovely people so I'm hardly desperate. Or do you think poor people are all uneducated and lonely too?)

• Unless they're literally homeless, poor people bathe and take care of their skin as much as anyone else. I doubt the desperation either, seems to be plenty of touch-starved people in all classes.

• edited October 2018

@softlyembrace first of all I cannot believe you even had the balls to post something like that.

I grew up right off of 7mile and Lafayette, one of the most poverty stricken areas to raise a child, my family had nothing!!!! But you know what I never had a skin condition, everyone in my neighborhood was of a different “race” including my best friend but you know what, my mother always made sure we were bathed. She made sure we accepted people no matter what they have, what color their skin is and no matter what their cultural background was. I was raised giving to the less fortunate, you might want to think about that.

I don’t have much but what I do have I worked for and what I have I share with those less fortunate. I had the pleasure of having a “poor” Mom in my home 2 weeks ago. A mother and her 10 month old, almost 2 and 4 year old girls that had nowhere to go. They weren’t dirty but even if they had a skin condition, that will go away, what you have won’t.

They bathed, they showered they used Princess Poppy body wash and I don’t think had ever seen that many bubbles ever. I had pajamas here from my Granddaughter, I got to make a big bed on the floor, have “Puffys” with them, CUDDLE them and fell asleep with them watching Moana. Their Mom got to shower by herself, relax upstairs by herself and was reading and fell asleep by herself. By morning I was “Miss Trina” and had so many hugs and kisses that night with the “poor” i got much more than they did.

The extra toiletries I keep here for cuddles I sent it with them, shampoo, deodorant, a few pieces of clothing but that was so they could feel human. When I gave the 4 year old a new pack of Princess Poppy panties you’d have sworn it was Christmas. It was like someone that thought they were better than others getting a MK bag. poor people deserve a little more out of life than what you assume they don’t have. Those little girls don’t know the world like us and I truly hope they never see the world like you.

I feel I am pretty comfortable saying if you have so many request from local cuddlers but you have only had 3 cuddles after this post is read you may want to reconsider traveling.

• It has never occurred to me that I would need to add that I don't discriminate on the basis of socioeconomic status or income.

As for getting a response - I feel badly for the guys. There's a 4:1 ration of men to women. I'm not sure if there's a good formula for getting a response but I can say some things that would turn this woman off - one sentence first messages that jump right into cuddling, asking someone to call you in a first message, suggesting intimate activities like mutual massage in a first message. All that will decrease the likelihood of a response from this woman.

I appreciate a bit of an introduction, possibly a comment about what about my profile made you think we'd be good cuddle buddies.

I think @UKGuy is probably right in that it's probably a numbers game more than anything else. And luck. UKGuy, I'm sorry you've had such dreadful experiences. I like your comments in the forums and if you're ever in my part of the planet, hit me up! And if I'm ever in your part of the world, I'll look for you, too.

• I don’t mind any messages. I like people expressing themselves (;

• Send me your tired and your poor :)

• edited October 2018

I have worked professionally for 31 years and unless you are homeless and have a skin condition don’t bother contacting me because I am so wanted, needed and desired on these boards! Don’t believe me? I have 0 karma and no friends! But hey, I have a degree!

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)

No words.

I send a pic of Tickle-Me-Elmo.

If they giggle, I'm in.

If they block me, I'm out.

• I usually say Hi and ask if they would be interested in cuddling and try to explain a bit about me. This has not worked so far, 9 messages sent and no replies and there is basically no one else around.

I've rejigged my profile a few times and I think I'm happy enough with it now, though my picture on the forum hasn't updated for me but I hope that's just caching. But there's not much more I can do so I guess I'll just wait.