Confused- do people charge?

[Deleted User]JenNel (deleted user)
I just signed up with the understanding in the contract that there is a $40/hr min charge but have seen no discussion of this. 

Comments

• I don't think so?....
  • [Deleted User]JenNel (deleted user)
    Yea, it doesn't appear so but this is on the "become a professional" page of the website:

The highest compensation rate

You keep 85% of the Total Session Price, a compensation rate significantly higher than any other comparable service. 

• [Deleted User]dreamdean (deleted user)
    I wasn't even aware that there was a professional part of the website. There must be different ways to sign up. Whatever I signed up for is completely free and there was no contract ...? Hopefully someone else on here can speak to whatever you experienced. Did you try to contact the site owner?
  • [Deleted User]JenNel (deleted user)
    I just sent a message. How strange. I had to sign a contract with a 3 point payment processing section. 
  • [Deleted User]dreamdean (deleted user)
    That is odd as I never even saw that as an option when I joined. If they can't change it, I would delete the account and start over from the free page. Good luck. I hope you get it worked out.
  • edited October 2015
    Signing up and using this website is completely free and uses no payment process.

However, when you apply to use this website to sell your professional services then a fee is involved for each session as a way of giving back to the community.

I do completely understand the confusion here due to the 3 step process for professionals. As after sending your pro application we asked you to create an account via the standard sign up method and then wait for us to upgrade it. In the future we will streamline this process to avoid confusion.
  • I joined when I learned that joining was part of the process. Might as well. I like the idea that I could do... Both, either. :)
  • edited October 2015
    I'm a straight 65 y.o. male, new to this site and just starting to check it out.  I hope I'm wrong because I like the concept of this service, but the more I discover and read in the forums, the more it's starting to look like there is a very high male/female ratio.  I'm beginning to suspect that many of the few women are the "professional" cuddlers who charge a fee for their service and use this site as an advertising gateway for their business.  I would love to see the statistics for the male/female/professional membership ratio.

From a professional cuddling service website I looked at, they said their clients are are over 90% male over the age of 50; the professionals are almost all female because the professional cuddler men get very few clients and thus it's not lucrative for them.  I wonder:  "If it sounds too good to be true..."  and, "you get what you pay for."

If I'm wrong about my suspicions, please correct me.