Leaving karma... Client is a CC member but did not book here

I have a confirmed session tonight with someone who has booked through my personal blog/site, but they are also a member here and happened upon my profile. We are going to cuddle and do a read aloud for one hour.

I always ask new clients who apply through my site how they found out about my service, and he mentioned his profile here. Though he did not book or confirm through CC (he contacted by phone and while this might seem sketchy he sounds like a very nice, introverted guy), would it be wrong, suspicious or against the rules to ask him to leave karma and leave karma in return for him? I don't believe anybody except one person in my city has ever received any. It's dead.

I ask because I know it is important to build credibility and rapport in this community. I have been called out on multiple occasions as a fake or not genuine because I don't have karma. The fact is, my city is so slow on this site that I have never materialised an actual session outside of a coffee date for the purpose of consultation (which I do not charge for). When I asked these folks to leave something so they could get a free hour for their actual session, they either deleted their account or never logged back in/booked.

If this is not allowed I'll have him leave the review on my site if he wishes, but I would love to get my first feedback on here too.

Thoughts?
@Mark

Comments

• edited October 2018

if the professional cuddler is to use the CC website , it would be fair to pay the site a fee

• @cuddlerforu24 That makes sense and is the same thought I had, but felt appropriate to ask before I jumped the gun.

He is paying in cash and my bank account has been closed for some time for personal reasons till I find an alternative I want to go with. I still maintain a PayPal though and would prefer to have clients booking through CC go the electronic route so that 15% can in fact be paid. In the end I guess you are right and since he is not paying me electronically or booking through here, I can't ask him to leave me feedback where we did not interact.

• @Catloaf - I don't see anything improper about the two of you leaving reviews on here once you've completed the cuddle. The important thing is the cuddle, not the venue he booked from. You're both still the same people!

• @BlueIris I appreciate the input. The session was an absolute success. Easily my best since last quarter... I let him know about the situation, and he has chosen to review me on my site but I think I will leave HIM the karma here. He was interested in finding a reading buddy who can also be a cuddle partner, and has been on the site even longer than I have. He may have only hired me because there are virtually no active female members in Calgary in which case I wish I could help. It is a thin hope because of how slow the site is for us, but maybe a karma will help him stand out so he has more chance to find an enthusiast. Really, really lovely gentleman.

• Leave karma. If they investigated, they would be able to tell easily from your conversation in the messages with him whether he found you through this site or not.

• @ubergigglefritz I think I'm going to do that, however being a total nub, I realised it doesn't give me the option unless we have a conversation on site here first. I let him know he can do that and see if it unlocks for me to give him karma, but since he's already reviewed me on my site, he has no need to return the favor here.

• So is the query you have due to the fact that it was a paid session? If someone were to meet up and were members on here and it weren't a paid session there would be no question about leaving each other karma. It seems that whether you set up an appt via CC or not, you are still both members on this site who met up and would like to give each other karma. Operative word being members on here. So long as you both have an account and have met up, there should be no reason to not give each other karma, regardless of the context.

• Yeah, I think you need three messages to open up karma. It still will be obvious that's not where the connection originated :-)

• So is the query you have due to the fact that it was a paid session?

That's exactly why I had the question, yes. :) I figured I would ask since there was no proper paper trail and he contacted by phone, thought that may seem like a red flag to mods being pro. I could see it being alright for enthusiasts but had no idea what the protocol would be for paid.

• You could mention in the karma that you leave that you met on another site, if you think you need to explain it.

• @Catloaf If your message thread doesn't include an introduction and another method of contact to move things off of the site, then it is pretty obvious (to me) that you initiated contact somewhere else and then just came to realize you were both on this site...

• edited October 2018

would it be wrong, suspicious or against the rules to ask him to leave karma and leave karma in return for him?

That's perfectly fine. Thanks for asking.

if the professional cuddler is to use the CC website , it would be fair to pay the site a fee

Yes, that's right. If a member (client) of this website discovers a Pro due to their profile here, then the 15% would apply regardless of how or where the arrangement was made.

• Noted. And obviously I am necroposting since this thread is technically dead, I just remembered it. Going forward, I will ask all clients booking through CC to pay 15% of their session cost electronically as a deposit so that it can be sent back to the site. Thanks for clarifying.