Blurred Lines of Cuddling

[Deleted User]dreamdean (deleted user)
Are there defined behaviors within the scope and definition of cuddling? Or is that determined on a case by case basis? Just wondering if there was anything considered standard as part of cuddling versus touching that may cross the line.

Comments

• I would definitely ask the other person what their boundaries are and mention what your boundaries are. Some people would consider cuddling to be simply holding each other and caressing that doesn't involve any areas typically covered by underwear or a bathing suit. Some people would be okay with some kissing and others might consider that to be crossing into sexual territory. I think if there was a standard definition and scope of cuddling, it probably wouldn't include any kind of sexual activity. I personally would consider any kind of making out to be cuddling plus some instead of just cuddling. Some people might be okay with more than just cuddling. However, the determined purpose of this site is cuddling without the pressure to do more, so if someone is pressuring you to do more than you want or vice versa it might be time to have a discussion and be willing to move onto someone else who wants what you want. I will say honestly that I've met people who do want to just cuddle and I've met people who like to push boundaries. I just have to be firm with the people who push boundaries and be willing to part ways so we can both move on to someone else if need be.

• I think it's a case by case basis. I would suggest before cuddling, you ask what is and isn't appropriate. Everyone is different.
  • I thought this was going to be a "boner" thread.

• Why necro a thread from 2015 tho?

• @Charlie_Bear - He did that with a couple other threads as well.

• @Mike403
    Ah, I think I’ll sink em then

• Anyone please flag threads that seem to be intentionally resurrected for no reason or trolling

• @Charlie_Bear - The site should automatically sink old threads unless they stay active. Maybe after it hasn't seen a comment for 6 months?

• I definitely agree

• edited June 2023

Now that we’re here:
    Cuddling isn’t supposed to be so blurry now. It’s interesting to read that it was more so back then.

• edited June 2023

@carrieanne Yeah, this thread didn't age well post MeToo.....

• I wouldn't normally post, so that this genuinely obsolete thread can sink as fast as possible, but ......

Some people would be okay with some kissing and others might consider that to be crossing into sexual territory.

No. Kissing is explicitly banned by the site's terms of service. If you suggest it or do it you will probably be banned.

It is true that kissing is most commonly not sexual at all, but the site's ethos is one of simplicity and clarity when it comes to hard boundaries.