New here Just want to cuddle tonight asap

edited December 2018 in Cuddle Requests

Hey guys. New on here. Not sure how to navigate through this. Just want to cuddle in a nice warm bed asap. Hmu

Comments

• [Deleted User]sweetguy82 (deleted user)

Hi

• That is not how it works. Overnights aren't a frequent occurrence either. Nor are random hookups. Craigslist on the missed connections page is probably more suited to what you're looking for.
    But you've already deactivated,

• Craigslist on the missed connections page is probably more suited to what you're looking for.

Every once in a while, I like to check that page out, and hoooooo lordy is it a steaming riot. A missed connection used to be a cute (maybe slightly stalkerish) little section in the paper or on a website of people hoping to reconnect with lost lovers and friends. Now it's the place I go to when I need a good laugh and to remind myself I'm not so depraved.

• @Catloaf The Old CraigsList personals were a hoot if you enjoyed a look at the side of life that often had no boundaries. Then when Craig’s feared they could be criminally and financially liable for some of the more questionable hookups resulting from the personals, they abruptly killed personals. The only survivor, “missed connections,” was moved to a category called “Community.” While there are those cute stories of chance meeting where the poster had been to shy to approach his ideal, moreover now, they are phoney stories about when poster had done something crazy with the person s/he seeks, intended only to advertise that s/he is open to similar funny business with other readers. As it continues in this direction, I think it will eventually be shut-down too, ending this entertaining window into perversion of the strange and anonymous.

• edited December 2018

@mickcuddle
    I seriously love it. It's a guilty pleasure, and since I no longer have social media, CL is kind of my daily check-in for chuckles. Sometimes I find really cool stuff being sold on there, and have made the odd purchase (one was a collectible Franklin Mint doll fashioned after Rose from Titanic, and I'm waiting for my makeup table to come in so she can come out of the box and stand on one side of it). I know the personals section lasted way longer in Canada than it did in the US. All that stuff started getting obliterated with the famous shut down of Backpage. I don't foresee a good future for them either, as often entire sections are empty. I once tried to organise/find a book club in the activities/community section so I could get more reading done and actually have people to read with, and then all my ad got in response were pics of men's dirty birds that looked like they could be diagnosed by sight alone. In fact, most times I have ever put up an ad whether it was to offer lawn services, cleaning services, babysitting etc, I noticed some of the same people were replying that had been years before asking for stuff entirely unrelated to the ad. It's kind of a hotbed of clinically diagnosed sex addicts.

I used to actually advertise my cuddles in the services section before they brought in the paywall; another local cuddler in Calgary appears to have stopped advertising there also... at 5 bucks per ad, and with a high chance that my ad will just be flagged as "undercover work" I just decided it wasn't worth it. Sad, because there are a few lovely clients I met on there, one of whom still books me time to time.

• I though this was a place to find meaningful connections/affections on a platonic level. Maybe Bebe3 could have worded it differently but I dont think bullying or talking down to someone is the way I'd choose to explain the site. There are plenty of sites that say one thing but are completely used for another, like a business used as a front. Im aware that this is not one of those sights,and Bebe3 now you know too. Telling someone to go post on craigslist is kind of mean.