Reiki?

[Deleted User]Keira (deleted user)
edited January 2019 in Professional Cuddling

I'm studying Kundalini Reiki right now and working my way up to Master/Teacher level and I was wondering if (with proper certifications) I'd be allowed to list Reiki as a service I provide on here. And also if there would even be any interest in that? I feel like it goes hand in hand with cuddling... They're both very healing practices and I'd love to experiment with combining the two to take my Reiki practice to a whole new level of healing.

Comments

• I had an ex who used to do Reiki on me and it worked. It was relaxing but left me emotionally drained. It’s something I’d be interested in definitely.

• edited December 2018

Several years, before everybody in the world went to massage school, a chiropractor friend who had treated a lower back complaint suggested some exercises and massage therapy. I found one male credentialed massage therapist in the Yellow Pages (remember those?) It ended up he was a Reiki practioner. I felt like I was at a psychotherapist with him, and I already had one of those.

• I noticed that gifted individuals on this site do include Reiki. I think it's a wonderful experience and I'm so so excited for your journey into such a holistic thing. :) It's just one more bridge that helps us all connect!

• @Drummer415a can you elaborate on being emotionally drainned.

I'm curious why it still appealed if that's how yo were left feeling?

• edited December 2018

Ive never been actually trained in reiki, however Ive been told by several clients they feel energy in my hands, and I would Instinctively lightly massage each of the chakra centers and put good intentions in mind to "fill them with wonderful cleansed energy"
    I Definently feel the two go hand and hand. :)

• I'm sure you can list it! I've studied a bit of reiki before and before I even knew what it was, ive been told I have the potential of having healing hands due to how folks feel when I touch them. Incredibly amazing, it has had me interested in doing reiki seriously sometime soon but I have yet to apply for a class to actually be certified.
    Folks may not know what it is first but if you give them a taste of it, im sure they will be asking more of it for sure! It's such a wonderful healing experience!

• edited December 2018

@4cuddles I second your question to @drummer415a

Thank you @Keira for asking the question as to whether it matters to cuddling clients that his cuddling professional practice reiki or not. Yes, it does to at least one that I know...

Reiki is one of a number of different “energy therapies” that seem to be growing both in type of modalities as well as popularity among the populace.

I have viewed the profiles of at least 4 other cuddling professionals who I considered hiring that listed reiki as an optional service. It is definitely not something that I seek, but it is something that I would notice on any profile.

Although I deliberated, I decided to decline to cuddle with them due to the fact that they practiced reiki.

My choice was made based on the personal belief that the therapy may include the influence and/or activity of an external, unknown and therefore questionable source.

It was also influenced by experiences related to me by an unusually gifted Sobador I hired for a therapeutic massage. He did mention that he at one time practiced reiki, but discontinued it after having some - shall we say, “scary” experiences during sessions.

In summary, I prefer that my cuddling professional not practice reiki nor any other similar energy therapy.

• [Deleted User]DragoFlow (deleted user)

There's a lot of people(attuned or not) that don't know what they're doing when it comes to utilizing energy healing practices. Many DO accidentally purge their "negative" energy into their client/partner, while others unintentionally drain them.

It takes experience and humility, along with loving intention, for any energetic healing practitioner to develop themselves enough to use it as part of cuddling.

Simply having energetic hands doesn't quite cut it, and neither does being certified in a class.

But if you find someone who DOES know what they're doing with it, combining deep energy work & cuddling can be blissful and transcendent!

<3

• Can Reiki help me in becoming a Super Saiyan?

• I personally dont beleve in energy healing so for me it would be something i am indifferent towards

• It's just focused attention. Humans and other mammals respond to focused attention and gentle touch. Nothing mysterious about it.

I'm here strictly for the cuddles.

• [Deleted User]daylightsdream (deleted user)

I am a Reiki practitioner as is my best friend. Even when we just sit in the same room together the energy flows (consent for such a thing given long ago.) When she and I cuddle, not often enough for my personal needs but perfect for our relationship, I leave feeling more due to the Reiki. I'd love to have a cuddle buddy who is also a Reiki practitioner so, totally biased ;), I'd say offer it up.

However, to piggy back on something Mickcuddle said - Because I'm also an Empath and have worked long on developing my intuition, I get a lot of intuitive information when I consciously do a Reiki session. When cuddling, if my buddy was getting this sort of information about me, I wouldn't want my buddy to talk about all the stuff that's coming up from me. I offer up to make sure to ask the person if they want that sort of information discussed. I do personal growth work all the time as it's pretty much all I think about. I want my cuddle time to be relaxing and not more work.

Good luck in your Reiki journey. It can be a massively beautiful one if you let it.

• edited December 2018

I have heard seemingly sane adults on here say they can produce green balls of energy light with their hands when they touch someone and can heal folks from across the planet just from thinking about it. I am sorry and this may seem to make lite of something that to some others may be completely real, but it seems very placebo and also a bit of Harry Potter mixed with some Peter Pan Syndrome to me. I think if you believe something is real, you will look for any sign or symptom to corroborate it, even if it is not.

• edited December 2018

@pmvines

I find your incredulity offensive. Every idea is worthy of respect. Furthermore, who are you to say that someone can’t produce green balls of energy?

Last summer, four friends and I got together and used our rings to summon a humanoid representation of the Earth. We then picked up trash and planted a tree. Are you going to tell me that that wasn’t real? You weren’t there.

One friend of mine has a really intense aura. When he enters a room you can feel his energy, as if it were a physical thing. It’s so powerful that it sometimes upsets people. Last week, for example, some people poisoned him with both food and drink, and then they shot him (twice), and then they tossed him off a bridge after he tried to fight back. Can you explain that? I don’t think so.

Another good buddy of mine is capable of astral projection into other realities. This really helped her when her infant brother was taken to the hospital a few months ago. She projected herself into another realm, where her brother was kidnapped by a beautiful androgynous man who would sing songs about magic. In order to get her brother back, she had to traverse a massive labyrinth in a certain amount of time. She had some help from a cantankerous little person, a simple-minded hairy fellow, and a tiny, annoying dog. She finally confronted the guy who kidnapped her brother at the center of the labyrinth, and this resulted in her rescuing her sibling. When she came back to our reality, her brother was back from the hospital.

Explain that.

• @hogboblin I do believe you just achieved super Saiyan status

• [Deleted User]Keira (deleted user)

Luckily I don't take lonely, bored trolls too seriously. ;)

• @Keira not trolling. Sorry if it seems that way. Perhaps it is not appropriate for me to interject a personal oponion about my belief in the effectiveness of reiki as that is not the intended thread topic. If you and others believe in it that is fine i dont judge you for it. However i still dont feel the same about it. Like i said perhaps its not fair to use this thread to express that so if it struck a nerve my apologies.

• [Deleted User]DragoFlow (deleted user)

@pmvines there's nothing about what you said that's trolling (though that super Saiyan comment was a little snarky ;-) )

@hogboblin why would their incredulity be offensive? They were expressing a viewpoint shared by many, MANY people in the world...

Specifically about Reiki: If you haven't been attuned somehow, what you are using isn't Reiki. That doesn't mean you're not flowing energy, just that the energies aren't Reiki. There's soooooo much more than Reiki out there people! I'm personally attuned/connected/initiated in multiple energy systems & have found them all useful at different times & settings.

Using energy healing while cuddling:
    KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING WITH YOUR OWN ENERGY!!!!
    Keep your intention focused on the highest good for your cuddle partner.
    PRACTICE energy cultivation and management for yourself.
    If you don't have deep experience as a practitioner of a healing energy system on it's own, don't offer it in cuddling.

"Energy Hands"- If you aren't trained & experienced but are someone with naturally radiant hands, KEEP IT SIMPLE! Focus on intention & heart space, and remember that there is no need to "push" or "send" energy at all. Just radiate love and compassion with your body/mind/heart(just like any good cuddler) and all will be well!

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

...Poe's Law would seem to be in full effect.

• @calineur
    @4cuddles

When I said emotionally drained i mean it brought up a lot of emotion and I felt tingling at the top of my head. During one session I actually cried I can’t explain why. But I felt good afterwards.

• Oh I see. Thanks for explanation.

• I provide reiki on my profile. It feel it can enhance the cuddle experience.

• [Deleted User]TonySpark (deleted user)

I do both Reiki and Reconnective Healing. I was trained and attuned. I have helped people, but I was not getting enough customers to make a living from it. About a week ago, the grandfather of my brother's girlfriend was in the hospital and showing no improvement. I did a distance healing and the day after my brother said he got a little better. However, the hospital deprived him of food and water while periodically giving him morphine. My brother tried to get the hospital to at least give him saline through the IV. I was surprised that this was legal what the hospital was doing. Apparently, the wife of the grandfather and their son signed papers with the hospital that enabled this to be legal. He died a few days later.