So someone copy/pasted my profile, and then contacted me, saying "We seem to be on the same page"

Like, what in the actual heck. And yes I am serious, they copied my writeout word for word, changing only the pronouns. Are they trolling me? Are they hoping that I am in love with myself, so pretending to be me would be their best in? Do they want to consume my soul? All comments and theories welcome. Right now I am just kind of shocked.

Comments

• LOL. Erm I can see why this was annoying at best this maybe a lazy attempt to connect; the person thought you described what type of person they are or want in a CB.

(I say this as I've come across some well written profiles that I'd wish I wrote for myself or & made me curious about the person.

At worst it's a lazy attempt to 'connect' from someone who may be trolling or will end up wasting your time.

• ??? I'm laughing too hard.
    Life is funny like that sometimes. Maybe they just felt it summed them up? I have had people take bits and pieces from my profiles before too.

Mimicking is a sign of flattery after all.

Did the conversation evolve to why they did it? Or are you staying hands off with it? Lol

• Erm I wrote earlier before checking your profile.
    Hmm more inclined towards the trolling explaination.
    Be curious to read other people's take or even the said individual's.

• I sent them a message to pretty much ask "what's up with that?" But so far, no reply.

• Let the mystery of it all begin ?

• I am curious as to how many members did this to you?

• Oh, it was just one person. One confused and confusing person.

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)

Lucky duck.

I wish I had a copy/paste stalker.

Dear Santa...

• But what if she wants to suck my soul and consume me to become me?! You can never be too careful these days.

• Lol extremely sad but comical. I have had someone word for work use some of my bio information but this takes the cake ?

• And we have so many guys complaining that they can’t get their messages answered ? I bet every last one of them would take your stalker in a heartbeat

• I liked @4cuddles possible theory. The person who copied off of you was not all that smart but hey, they could have been like "yo, why is your page exact copy of mine??'

unless they were trying to be funny.

• I dunno. It's a very strange thing to do. Sounds like a troll to me.

In any event, thanks for being willing to write a very personal, authentic profile. I'm sorry that this person copied it without thinking about/ caring how that might make you feel.

Best of luck out there.

• Oh, it didn't hurt me, if that's what you mean. I've always been very open, and as you can see from my picture I have very thick... let's call it skin. Really was just confused as to the purpose.

• [Deleted User]fluffilcious (deleted user)

They're totally trying to steal your soul run away Q~Q

• Im sorry that happened to you, but maybe in a twisted way they where trying to brighten your day. I about died laughing when I read this, before I asked my self if it is wrong.
    I wouldnt worry about it too much. It seems like most woman don't read it untill after the 2nd or 3rd message any way.. so unless they copy your soul as well the advantage may well remain in your hands.