Ideas of cuddling in public

[Deleted User]Richk (deleted user)

There is the profile option of cuddling in public. But what does that mean to people? Does it mean going to a hotel, a car by the water or woods, or cuddling in a park on the grass on a blanket? I would like peoples opinions and experience with anything like this.

Comments

• edited December 2018

A place where passers by can see you, so that excludes a hotel room or somewhere very secluded. I take it as somewhere people feel safe because they aren't alone with someone they don't know very well yet.

I've cuddled in a cinema (for my very first cuddle), which was nice, and on a picnic blanket in a park.

For the second one the person I was cuddling felt shy about it for cultural reasons -- even holding hands in public felt unnatural for her. She was happier to be somewhere private later on.

• When it comes to public cuddling, I prefer conjoining atop tables in restaurants.

I know this can be unsettling for some people, so I make sure to tip the waiter especially well.

• Tandem skydiving?

• edited December 2018

Cuddling on a blanket in a park sounds nice. I think I’m going to try to get someone to do that with me this next summer. I imagine the movie theater cuddling is at one of those theaters with couches? It’s hard to imagine how public cuddling would be physically comfortable outside of these two scenarios. Even a park bench sounds uncomfortable.

• edited December 2018

There are three options, host, guest or public. So to me 'public' means anywhere but either person's private location. I don't think it necessarily means where you can be seen by other people. In fact, it's definitely preferable if you can't be viewed since I believe most people would be offended by seeing other people cuddling.

• [Deleted User]Richk (deleted user)

Great responces. Im glad i asked. As for @UKGuy point of people being offended by public cuddlers, maybe we should show them what we here are all about ?

• @UKGuy Yeah, I have this thing about offending people. Steep majority of the time, if I'm not doing anything wrong, let the feathers be ruffled.

• Sofa's in coffee shops if you can find one... no one is going to bat an eyelid if you put an arm around the person next to you, and they (the sofas!) are usually so worn out that you will quite naturally be squashed together by gravity :) the coffee isnt usually too bad either ;)

• I usually think it’s at a park either on the grass or a bench.

• Cuddling in a swinging bench at the park ?

• The 1st time I met with someone one here, we met at a local mall. We walked around and talked for 3 hrs...just laughing and getting to know each other. As we were starting to get more comfortable with each other I asked if it would be OK if I could hold his hand while we sat at a bench talking. He was fine with that. As we started strolling around the mall trying to find our way out, we held hands and sometimes I just wrapped my arm around his and walked really close. It was a very nice experience.

• [Deleted User]garysmith (deleted user)

I think @Tallmann 's suggestion of a blanket in the park (perhaps with a small picnic to hand) has been the best for me so far. It is great for a "first encounter" especially between two non-Pros, because you can get as close as you like, perhaps at first just holding hands, and moving into a closer cuddle when ready.

Part of the problem with other public locations include the "furniture", so a restaurant or bar can be difficult as the tables and chairs limit the encounter, while the squashy sofa idea in a coffee bar can "enforce" close cuddling before you're quite ready to get that close with someone new.

• Cuddling in the car seems like a good idea if both of us can't host.