What if I’m a loud snorer?

I like to really relax and may fall asleep if I feel comfortable.

Comments

• That’s fine with me.

I have a tendency to scream and sob in my sleep.

• @bigArch if this is any cuddle other than overnight, I for one wouldn't mind at all. In fact if you did fall asleep to the point of snoring I'd consider it a compliment that we were jelling well. You are comfortable enough with me to fully let your guard down.

Now I may chuckle and giggle a bit at some of the doozies coming out but other than that I'd just let you sleep and relax right next to you! Snoring isn't a constant, it's intermittent and so it's not a big deal is a short term setting like a cuddle session.

• You could totally offer earplugs!

• Thanks for asking one of the hard questions. I also take it as a compliment if a person can fall asleep with me. I often find it difficult to fall asleep with new people. Snoring doesn't typically bother me.

I do worry that my snoring will bother others. I rarely snore, but it definitely happens. As a professional cuddler, I try not to fall asleep during sessions unless I know my cuddle partner is onboard with that/ doesn't mind possible snoring.

• It's worse if you fall asleep on your back, so as soon as you start feeling sleepy, switch to your side.

• A while back, many years, when I was between real jobs, I worked at a job overnight, where a major responsibility was sitting at an old-school plug switchboard, answering calls that averaged one call every three or four nights I worked. I would sometimes fall asleep in the chair, only to be awakened by someone’s loud snoring, and realizing that I was the only person there. I’ve never heard my own snoring when I was laying down sleeping, but it happens every once in a while if I fall asleep while traveling by airliner.

• Aww, Mick, I love your comments!

• @acuddlefan the last pro I met did fall asleep during 4 hour cuddle session, no snoring though! ;)

• Hmmmmm, I don’t know about snoring being a compliment. Ear plugs won’t help enough. Maybe the nose strips help but snoring sounds serious. A normal function like someone possibly passing gas in the middle of the night. This definitely reminds me of questions to add to the list. Snoring sounds highly unpleasant up close in someone’s ear! I hope everyone is warning others prior to sessions. FYI For future cuddles I do not snore.

• I would just like to confirm that most cuddle sessions aren't overnights and usually not more then a few hours in length. Plus a professional shouldn't be falling asleep and not many folks can afford a pro to spend the night, so what happens in the middle of the night isn't a worry usually for cuddles. I've a had a few people around me or next to me in my life who've snored. I've found that if they snore particularly loud it will naturally wake them so being next to them I'd turn my ear away or readjust in some way if it became unbearable.

I love your comment about passing gas Cathy, it's so true! It's not a biggie, believe it or not both of you pass gas so why stress or hold it? Just laugh if needed and move on. But I felt just a small bit worried that people who are already facing obstacles getting cuddles might have just been even more discouraged about being highly unpleasant. I'm sure she didn't mean it as a reason to limit any cuddle sessions you do get for fear of possible snoring. A warning is a great idea and have some earplugs available possibly just in case then cuddle away!! Good luck.

• I love your common sense responses, @PaulaDahla .

• I planning on meeting pro for 6 hours between 11 pm n 5 am & I have said there is likely to be some sleep time involved in which I will try my to snore too much! ;)