Quote of the Day

Comments

• “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

• Susan Sontag
  • "It Is The Nature Of A Thing That Matters, Not Its Form."

-Brok

• @cuddles_ndream LOL. That's RIGHT. You know I talk smack and I also compliment you behind your back without revealing your name.

• @cuddles_ndream Oh no, my sweet, I just realized I left out "to you" after talk smack. Lol. So sorry (insert contrite face here)

• I know what you meant @achetocuddle 🤗

• This is simply shared as my opinion ...
    that the 2nd most important thing in anyone's life, after "breathing" ... is "time" ..
    all we are.. all we do,, begins and ends with those two elements of the universe..
    someday, time will lead all of us to when we no longer can breathe ...
    and within a mere fraction of a second, somewhere out there,
    the infinite circle will continue with the cry of a newborn...
    and within it all, at the very least, shouldn’t we take a moment to be kind to one another...
    jim

• If I may be so bold as to quote myself?
    Here is a snippet from my novel. Its my favorite one.
    Love ya'll!

• @Originalirish
    hmm, yes,, i too, was bold enuff to quote "myself" as well, just for the record, .. LOL ...
    i began a novel many years ago.. i will never finish tho' ..,
    yours has, potential,

• @MissAdventurous The croc one and fuck around and find out... crine!🤣🤣

@cuddles_ndream saving that! 💯

All I have today,

People in hell want ice water. 🥵
    -our mommas
    -mines daily 🤭

• SCIENTIA POTENTIA EST

{{ taken from "The Crown" S1E7 }}

• We are not meant to stay wounded. We are supposed to move through our tragedies and challenges and to help each other move through the many painful episodes of our lives. By remaining stuck in the power of our wounds, we block our own transformation.

We overlook the greater gifts inherent in our wounds – the strength to overcome them and the wisdom that we are meant to receive through them. Wounds are the means through which we enter the hearts of other people. They are meant to teach us to become compassionate and wise.

~Caroline Myss

Art • “Favorite Kind of Saturday” by Olga Erokhina

• Don’t ever feel like you’re better than anyone else, because you’re not! But also, don’t feel like you’re lesser than anyone else, because you’re not! The value you bring is unique to you.

• It is never the destination, it is always the journey 🌌

• Above all, my wish is that you will find hope, if even only the faintest glimmer. A little flame, however miniscule, that will remain ever lit - unable to be extinguished for any desperate amount of quenching. A light for you to find your way.

• “It is easy to mourn the lives we aren't living. Easy to wish we'd developed other talents, said yes to different offers. Easy to wish we'd worked harder, loved better, handled our finances more astutely, been more popular, stayed in the band, gone to Australia, said yes to the coffee or done more bloody yoga.

It takes no effort to miss the friends we didn't make and the work we didn't do the people we didn't do and the people we didn't marry and the children we didn't have. It is not difficult to see yourself through the lens of other people, and to wish you were all the different kaleidoscopic versions of you they wanted you to be. It is easy to regret, and keep regretting, ad infinitum, until our time runs out.

But it is not lives we regret not living that are the real problem. It is the regret itself. It's the regret that makes us shrivel and wither and feel like our own and other people's worst enemy.
    We can't tell if any of those other versions would have been better or worse. Those lives are happening, it is true, but you are happening as well, and that is the happening we have to focus on.”
    Matt Haig - The Midnight Library, 2020.

Grant Haffner - Into the night, 1978

• @MissAdventurous
    i think i remember driving down that road wayy back when i wore a younger man's clothes,
    hmmm is that Route66 ?

• “I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.”
    Audrey Hepburn

Frank Meadow Sutcliffe - Three Happy Boys, 1889.