new to this... northern virginia

I’m not going to lie a few days ago I didn’t even know this existed. I was home mid morning and was so tired and all I wanted to do is spend the afternoon in bed cuddled up and watching Netflix until my eyes closed. So laying on my couch with my phone I googled are there such things as cuddle or nap buddies. To my surprise the first thing that showed up was an article about a nap/cuddle service in Japan. Of course there was I thought, lol it’s Japan and they think of everything first. However, I narrowed my search down to the U.S and voila I found this.

I didn’t even know where to begin, so I signed up and filled in a profile and figured okay, well maybe I will be able to make a friend to cuddle with. I’m introverted and not the most socially outgoing, but I messaged one or two people and haven’t heard anything. Well hearing nothing is better than flat out rejection. However, I imagine a lot of the people on here are lonely like me and not looking for a relationship or anything else, just someone to make them feel less lonely.

Well the struggle is real. Not even sure if anyone will read this but here I am writing it figuring at very least I can say “yeah I tried”. So, here I am just a guy who wants to feel less lonely and enjoy a nap, a movie or a conversation with someone.