Not the place for cuddle requests?

[Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
What do people think about the idea of discouraging cuddle requests on the forums? The search feature shows who's nearby so there's never any benefit to asking on here, and the requests are too specific for the open forum so they never get a good response. The forums have the potential for some really valuable discussions, but they're being drowned out by the constant cuddle requests that don't belong here.

Comments

• That's what docgatorb said. I think one would do better to just make up a topic instead so they can invite conversation.
  • edited December 2015
    Totally agree, will get this sorted asap. 

• I travel a lot. Thus I recently made a post. Forums tend to take on a life of their own. If you want more intellectual discussions, pose a topic.
  • Xenith, can't you just change your location when you're in a new place?
  • not that I particularly mind requests on the forum, they're just cluttery...
  • Having read some of them it seems plausible, better to use the search feature.

The forums are nice in the sense one can have a talk with random people without having to contact them first and everyone can enjoy, so perhaps having a separate sub-field just for that in which things could be deleted after a while or some sort of live chat feature. This would avoid the useful posts being literally drowned out.

I read somewhere that Mark was planning to implement a subsection, that should help things a lot.