Trying to figure this out

edited March 2019 in General

So I got on this site a month ago and had luck finding someone else who I could just kinda relax and be myself with. No nonsense kinda feeling just great conversation between two great people. Since then I have only gotten a few messages. Most of which are from people who have their price right above their message.
I guess what I’m trying to get my head around is this concept is setup for people who are lonely during their free time and would like the ability to either have some company or a platonic snuggle. Which is why I’m here in the first place. However, having said that I think it’s odd that people assume that you should pay them money for their company. I not trying to be difficult I swear, but people do this during their free time assuming most people work. So am I really paying for your time? Again not trying to be a pain but I don’t get it. I haven’t gotten any offers that are just for cuddles. They’re always for money. If I’m taking someone out then I’m all for paying, but just to sit on a couch and chat is ridiculous. Where’s the heart in that? Someone please let me know if I’m wrong or maybe just missing the point. You’re thoughts are welcome. Happy Friday!

Comments

• When you say "price right above their message", are you referring to someone who has a pink button on their profile stating that they are professional? Some pros just like to see where they can drum up business. I can't say I agree with that, I don't message others and try to procure clientele because it is seen by many as being too pushy. I put myself online and let my clients come to me rather than doing the proverbial door-to-door and seeing if someone wants to hire.

On the other hand, if you are talking about someone without that little pink button on their profile, and they are asking for money, they are trying to do business on the site without applying and being approved. You need to report them.

Also, while you are entitled to your preferences and reasons for being here, try not to have too much of the following mindset:

Oh and FYI if your profile picture scares the crap out of me (meaning you look like a serial killer) please don’t expect anything.

I get where you're coming from, but you can communicate "no thanks" in other ways that don't take a subtle jab at someone's looks.

• I agree and apologize for my remark. I will remove that it was uncalled for but not directed at any person in particular. In regards to the rest of my post I have gotten messages from people who directly above their message is the rate/price. Professional or not I don’t get it.
    Thank you for your response and I will be sure to be more cognizant of the way I articulate myself.

• I guess my thoughts are my time is just as important to me as anyone else’s.

• edited March 2019

@KoalaSean - It's partly a function of supply and demand. There are more men looking for cuddlers than there are women, so being the capitalist society that we are, some people have found a way to get paid for that shortage. It's also a function of what happens when someone does not want to develop a relationship/friendship with someone, which would permit people to get into each other's personal space. The only way to short circuit a relationship is to pay someone for her time.

• @KoalaSean used to be a lot of non pros you can cuddle with nothing but pros now but it is what it is

• @BlueIris I understand what you’re saying completely. I just don’t get it. Imo it strangely resembles another profession. Not to read too much into that but I kinda thought that this is a plutonic and yet mutual agreement between two adults to facilitate and foster a sense of comfort nothing more. This is not a dating site and I’m not looking for love. However I still get it. Damn capitalism ?

• [Deleted User]snugglicious (deleted user)

@KoalaSean This is easy to understand. In our vibrant caitalist economy entrepeneurs will rush in to fill any niche for which there are paying customers. Women can charge money because there are men who will pay.

You claim that your time is as valuable as theirs but I doubt you can find a customer who will pay you $85 an hour for a cuddle. In other words, I doubt that a market test would show that your services are of equal value.

• @snugglicious You’re 100% correct. Yet I’m not asking to be paid. All things considered I realize that we now live in a society where even the company of another human being requires payment. Lmao! I guess I will have to find my hugs elsewhere. Oh and for the record I’d pay to sit on a packed airplane in the last row of coach next to someone like Stan Lee while he farts and tells bad jokes and it would be my pleasure and worth every cent. Yet, for a conversation and a hug..... I might be in the wrong place!!

• This is not a charity. Do you volunteer your time helping people? Maybe visiting a nursing home to help the lonely and elderly have a happier day?
    There are so few pros or non pro women here that stick around that to make a point they shouldn’t be charging anything would only result in less cuddlers.
    A more interesting question to me is why the site attracts so few professional cuddlers. It seems like a good way to make extra income.

• To start, all do respect for your opinion, I'm just trying to explain a little from my point of view if it helps.
    I honestly wouldn't call it free time in my scenario. I have to schedule ahead, plan a babysitter, pay the baby sitter, and everything else around about it.
    Reflecting on the base question, "Why would I pay for a professional cuddlist?", to start I think that is kind of a put down for clients that do seek this sort of therapy (not just a cuddle and talk to many). Some don't want anyone to know about having a session, they feel embarrassed and they shouldn't, hence also why we as Pros should have the confidentiality clause confidently in place.
    I realize we debate a lot about what should be free in this country, there's a lot. We don't want to pay for a lot of things that we can't see. I see it as emotional labor. This sort of job is not for every one, and in the end it can't be about the money if you're to be successful. We as Pros MUST have the capacity to be fully empathetic for our clients. We create a connection with these people and really do feel for their positions in life. I can't say I haven't had any clients loved their life to the fullest either.
    Free time, for me anyways, doesn't exist. So if you're looking for a true connection with some one, unfortunately my time, my empathy, and my experiences to help people through theirs is worth something to me. It's not always just about the physical cuddle.
    There is a huge emotional component to what the Pros do. Sometimes it's extremely emotionally draining on us.

Let's not forget about the fact that we as Pros are putting ourselves out there can be risk, which we all know about, for uncomfortable sexual intent put on by the cuddlers when they should KNOW that the session can be all but, and I myself have been in very uncomfortable positions when I first began and wouldn't put myself out there with out risk cost involved in the payment. I think having said risk should have price as well.

Annnnnnnnddddddd now I just noticed that you deactivated your profile after writing most of this... but hopefully this perspective will help others with the same questions.