Pros contacting enthusiasts

Is it normal for pros to contact enthusiasts? I got a message from a pro. "Hi, my name is so-and-so. I'm a [occupation]. I love my job but it's exhausting. Cuddling is awesome. You seem very interesting. Tell me about yourself."

It kind of confused me because it sounded like someone who wanted to know me but there were messages on the screen calling my attention to that this person only cuddles for a fee and I should only send them a message if I wanted to book an appointment. I asked him why he was messaging me and haven't gotten a reply.

If he's messaging me because he's trying to solicit business, then I'd rather he just come out with it. I found it confusing.

Is it customary for pros to contact enthusiasts like this?

Comments

• Only if they're money hungry in my opinion and that's totally what that sounds like @Babichev

The only time I message an enthusiast (particularly in my local area) is when they have just joined the site, and I copy-paste my little welcome message which gives them tips on how to be successful here, things to keep in mind, also including links to the FAQ and other helpful places. The only time I mention my professional status even is to let them know that I'm currently the only approved professional in Calgary, and that all other members must cuddle for free so cannot charge them as such unless they apply to do business through the site. I also might message an enthusiast if I like what they said here on the forum and I just want to give them kudos personally. :)

• Thanks. This guy didn't mention his professional status but when I logged in to see his message, it took me through an entirely different route and that confused me. I thought wait a minute, I didn't sign up to book an appointment. The guy lives 4 hours away.

• I believe the message you saw that says "this person only cuddles for a fee" is automatic. It's not something we (Pros) add. I personally find it a little off putting, because there are folks I'd like to chat with because they do seem interesting. But my Pro status makes it seem like I'm only soliciting for business.

• I think maybe what you're referring to is the little warning message that was put in place as an update...or maybe it was always there, I can't recall. But basically it's there because at one point there were complaints from pros about too many enthusiasts who were messaging thinking that the person cuddles as an enthusiast as well, and ended up wasting time. They just wanted it to be clarified in messaging because a lot of people don't actually check profiles thoroughly.

• Okay. That helps. I asked why he was messaging me and I'll see what his response is.

• Yeah that was me. Just letting you know I can be had for the right price. I was born with a congenital defect that gifted me with multiple arms so I charge by the arm per hour. In the parlance of the arm cuddling industry, I was just reaching out.

• Oh, thanks. I was confused.

• @Babichev LOL. Sorry you are still confused. I was just kidding around. Wasn’t me. But, seriously, if I were you I would ignore or block this guy. He came to you. You are under no obligation to respond.

• Pros always do this they come off so friendly and message you first then when you tell them your not interested in paying for a session they ghost. Did you say this was a male pro?

• This is very common for male enthusiasts. I have been contacted by pros countless times. Some just say hello and try to strike up a conversation and some come and straight up tell you if you’d like a session. In the end what they’re doing one way or another is soliciting for business. I recall a couple of male enthusiasts that had a real problem with this and called it spamming and didn’t appreciate at all any pros making any kind of unsolicited contact. But most males are like me, if we receive a message we just say hello and if they solicit our business we politely decline.

@Babichev , what he was doing is what I am describing, except you were surprised because it is rare that a male pro will solicit business where female pros do it all the time.

• I get contacted by paid cuddlers sometimes and dont think anything of it. If they want to connect and be friends great, can never have enough of that! If they come across like they are marketing i still converse with them. I realize on this interweb the likelihood of literal getting together in the real world are narrow, so might as well have fun while you are on here. You never know, i have met some amazing folks on here who i would have not known at all had i put too much second guessing into messaging with them

• @FunCartel - you had me going!

All - yes, this is very helpful. I think what added to the alarm is that there was also a very prominent warning that this person is a paid cuddler so I wondered if I continued the conversation if I was obligating myself to anything. So many little things to learn.

Thanks, everyone.

• edited April 2019

Professional cuddlers contact me all the time - especially when I visit their profile. I really don't think that they are 'money hungry' or there is anything inappropriate about it. Some of the messages are very sweet and these make my day :)