Why do we get so miffed when people view our profiles?

I have to say, it seems beyond silly to me that many of us get so extraordinarily miffed over having our profiles viewed. Many of us go so far as to block the "unauthorised" viewer(s) of our profiles.

How on Earth is a view of your profile harmful, insulting, dangerous or otherwise problematic?So what if a person views your profile whilst living 500+ miles away and you are thus unlikely to ever meet?

I have never blocked anyone for viewing my profile and I assume, being an optimistic sort, that someone simply wants to know a bit more about me. Please convince me that there is a legitimate reason for getting so upset over having your profile viewed because I simply don't get it.

1. Do you ever get upset when someone views your profile?44 votes
    1. Yes
        4.55%
    2. No
      95.45%

Comments

• I usually view my visitors in return. Nothing ever comes of it, primarily because of distances.

I view many of the new profiles CC pushes at me. I just noticed 40% are Bi-sexual. Don't get why that's relevant but that's another thread.

• There was a situation that I was annoyed that someone was checking out my profile repeatedly. But it was a very specific situation. In general, I find it fascinating to see who looks and maybe looks again.

• edited June 2019

I have a couple people close to my area that have actually talked with me but have either ghosted me after I answered some questions or have politely told me a very valid reason why they can’t have a session with me. Afterwards I noticed these individuals looking at my profile a couple times a week. It doesn’t bother me ☺️ I am super curious why they would keep coming to my profile if they weren’t interested in me but I don’t really know an eloquent way to ask just because of curiosity lol ?

• edited June 2019

@Sheena123 I do that too. Some folks I take a genuine interest in after seeing on the forum or coming across their profile. They seem like interesting folks, or I may think they have cool pics, etc. So every once in a while I may visit them again just to look at the profile or pics or whatever because I recall a vague amount of appeal but don't recall why. Then I am like, oh yeah, that is why this person appeals to me

• ?? thank you. I do have a couple different pics in there lol I always welcome people to take a peek ?

• I'm confused. Why fill out a profile if you don't want anyone to look at it?

• I get the most random blocks sometimes ??? I think it's hilarious. Never know.

• edited June 2019

@MissAdventurous I have gone to message someone before because I think they seem like good people and would like to say hello or comment on something to them, to find I was blocked. even from folks I seem to have had a decent rapport with on the forums lol. You are right, never know...

• [Deleted User]SJSpooner (deleted user)

I have been blocked by people I have never interacted with! I only found out because I was merely curious about their profile and come to find they have blocked me. Pre-emptive blocking? Hmmm.... that was interesting. LOL

• I don’t mind at all. Usually when it comes to other professionals they are new to the site, and I assume they are trying to figure out what other pros generally charge.
    I don’t think there’s much of a good reason someone would be upset about it.